• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[2025] NFL Season Thread

Losing Oh No GIF by Star Now

there was hype??? they were really trying to sell dave canales "the quarterback whisperer" but i know an out of his depth coach when i see one and he's definitely the only guy who wanted to coach for a team owned by Mr. Fires You And Throws His Drink On Fans. (and let's also not forget this gem (with the additional fun post right below it basically saying what i just said lol))

panthers are in no mans land now. can't fire the coach without tanking how attractive the job is for other coaches. can't win games with this offense and this defense. at least we own our first round pick this year? things haven't been this bleak since the jimmy clausen days

there was hype??? they were really trying to sell dave canales "the quarterback whisperer" but i know an out of his depth coach when i see one and he's definitely the only guy who wanted to coach for a team owned by Mr. Fires You And Throws His Drink On Fans. (and let's also not forget this gem (with the additional fun post right below it basically saying what i just said lol))

panthers are in no mans land now. can't fire the coach without tanking how attractive the job is for other coaches. can't win games with this offense and this defense. at least we own our first round pick this year? things haven't been this bleak since the jimmy clausen days
I do like Dave Canales. But I also like Robert Saleh.

Bother are out of their depth.

Imaging Canales as OC and Saleh as DC on a team with a real HC?

I watched the Giants/Vikings game because my brother is a Minnesota fan, and it's going to be a rough year for Giants fans. To be fair, I have never been impressed with Daniel Jones, so I didn't expect anything different from them, but I had low expectations for Minnesota too, and they destroyed the Giants.

I wish I saw some of the Panthers game and the Titans/Bears games because those also sound like entertainingly bad performances on offence.

I'm shocked how many poor offensive performances there were.

The NATIONAL games were all pretty good. Ravens/Chiefs, Eagles/Packers and Lions/Rams were all fairly entertaining.

Every other game I watch was "How bad can our offense play and still win?" Like seriously... how many games had a QB THROW for zero TDs? How many had BOTH QBs throw for zero?

Shorter preseason I think is the affect
I think the lack of playing starters to get them up to game speed in the preseason is the real culprit, but the point is the same.

The last couple years, the first month of the NFL season is pretty bad. This week 1 is about as bad as we've seen in a while though.

I think the lack of playing starters to get them up to game speed in the preseason is the real culprit, but the point is the same.

The last couple years, the first month of the NFL season is pretty bad. This week 1 is about as bad as we've seen in a while though.

That, but there is also less practice overall since there is a shorter preseason

Reactions: Jon
If every team play offense against the Pats as well as the Bengals did. That's all I ask.
That's fair. Brissett was nothing special though, so if the Pats want a chance to win 5-6 games, they'll need him to be more than a game manager throwing for 170 yards and no TDs.

Me neither. I pull for the NYC area, but I’m a fair-weather fan and would rather just watch good football
Pretty much same minus the NYC bit. When I was in MA it was Pats first. When I moved to Tampa, it was Bucs and Pats. Now? I watch anywhere thanks to a VPN and just want to see good football. Playing fantasy, i want my players to do well, but a good game is what I ask.

Im just watching the Giants and Commies, its not pretty, but outside of Giants Im more of an NCAA
I have that game on right now. Daniels and McLaurin are on my fantasy team. Got the Jets/Titans as well (for Hall) and main TV is running Bucs/Lions for fun.

I'll have the Rams/Cardinals and Chiefs/Bengals later.

Back
Top Bottom