• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Would you rather run into a bear or random man in the woods?

so all this talk has been about whether we'd choose the man or the bear. i think it's time for a new conversation: what if the man and the bear were fighting?

25590.jpeg
apparently theres a decent chunk of people who think they could take a bear in a fight. let's test that out. i nominate andrew tate

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
How on earth is anyone going to take on an elephant unarmed and live to tell the tale?
Maybe they think that they can just calm the elephant down and not have to fight them...?

Personally, I would fight NONE of those. I almost didn't make it last month when we found a gecko in our room!
Today as I was getting out of my car, I heard geese in the distance and my brain said "RRUUUUUNNN!"
I might fare ok with a house cat but it depends. What if the cat is massive? If it was my friend's cat, Richard, no way. He can just end me. Luckily he loves me so whenever I'm around he's like "oh human pillow!" but even then it's like "bruh you are so heavy." If it's one of my cats, maaaybee... but it really would have to depend on why they are trying to fight me. If Dealer of Death is really determined, I'm pretty sure he would end me too and I would probably let him because he's so cute lol

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
YouGov did a proper poll on this issue in the US and UK over the last few days.

In the US, 40% of women selected the man and 31% the bear. In the UK it was similar, 42%-31%.

That said only 12% of Americans and 9% of Brits would pick the bear if it was alongside a woman and not a man.

Do you have any break down on this based on things like age?

I feel like there would be some huge disparities depending on the age

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So, since this is still active, let’s make some glue with that horse…

“Go ask women.”

“This is about how women feel.”

Etcetera.

It’s one thing to disagree with someone. It’s another thing to grossly misrepresent their very clear words in an effort to argue semantics or language and paint them to be a misogynistic piece of shit. It’s another entirely different thing to attempt to do so during what I made clear was not a good time to expect anything less than a visceral reaction towards abusive men, especially when conversations have been had in the past about emotional responses, compassion, and other things in those veins. It’s a double standard when you’re an individual wanting empathy and compassion from others, but not willing to offer it up to others yourself, even after having the gritty reasons detailing why I gave such an explicit response towards abusive men put right here in public in this very thread.

With that said, I have no problem being wrong or admitting when I am. I have no problem apologizing if my words are misunderstood, whether by my own phrasing or someone else’s interpretation. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know everything, and the first to admit my life experiences have jaded me, and that my opinions might be different than others because of it. Attacking my character because my opinion doesn’t perfectly align with yours despite the way you’ve been treated with dignity and respect? Not cool.

I try to be a good person to everyone, even people here I’ve never met. Why? It’s the right thing to do. I’ve known too many bad people to be one of them. It’s that simple for me. Not having that reciprocated is irritating, but, I can’t get mad about it. I’d be doing it for the wrong reasons if I expected reciprocity. I just can’t get down with being misrepresented. This isn’t about me, though, so I’ll get back on topic.

I was told to listen to women. Naturally, I’m not gonna pose the question myself. It would be clear I was baiting for a specific response if I did.

So…

IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7906.jpegIMG_7907.jpegIMG_7908.jpeg

Here you have a sample of women, ranging from Natalee who is 17 years old to Nancy who is in her 60’s. Only one of these women is a mutual friend of mine. The rest are friends of my girlfriend’s, and don’t know me from Adam. The only common denominator is the fact that they grew up in the Baltimore metropolitan area, with the furthest being a county over.

Anyway…

Can we go back to just thinking I’m a dick and not that I’m out here being misogynistic for sport? I left this thread alone for days, in hopes that cooler heads would prevail, folks would re-read what I said and realize that it was taken out of context, then we’d move on. That hasn’t happened, so I’ve gotta address it the same way I would and HAVE addressed issues that have made other people feel unwelcome here.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So, since this is still active, let’s make some glue with that horse…

“Go ask women.”

“This is about how women feel.”

Etcetera.

It’s one thing to disagree with someone. It’s another thing to grossly misrepresent their very clear words in an effort to argue semantics or language and paint them to be a misogynistic piece of shit. It’s another entirely different thing to attempt to do so during what I made clear was not a good time to expect anything less than a visceral reaction towards abusive men, especially when conversations have been had in the past about emotional responses, compassion, and other things in those veins. It’s a double standard when you’re an individual wanting empathy and compassion from others, but not willing to offer it up to others yourself, even after having the gritty reasons detailing why I gave such an explicit response towards abusive men put right here in public in this very thread.

With that said, I have no problem being wrong or admitting when I am. I have no problem apologizing if my words are misunderstood, whether by my own phrasing or someone else’s interpretation. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know everything, and the first to admit my life experiences have jaded me, and that my opinions might be different than others because of it. Attacking my character because my opinion doesn’t perfectly align with yours despite the way you’ve been treated with dignity and respect? Not cool.

I try to be a good person to everyone, even people here I’ve never met. Why? It’s the right thing to do. I’ve known too many bad people to be one of them. It’s that simple for me. Not having that reciprocated is irritating, but, I can’t get mad about it. I’d be doing it for the wrong reasons if I expected reciprocity. I just can’t get down with being misrepresented. This isn’t about me, though, so I’ll get back on topic.

I was told to listen to women. Naturally, I’m not gonna pose the question myself. It would be clear I was baiting for a specific response if I did.

So…

View attachment 15789
View attachment 15790View attachment 15791View attachment 15792

Here you have a sample of women, ranging from Natalee who is 17 years old to Nancy who is in her 60’s. Only one of these women is a mutual friend of mine. The rest are friends of my girlfriend’s, and don’t know me from Adam. The only common denominator is the fact that they grew up in the Baltimore metropolitan area, with the furthest being a county over.

Anyway…

Can we go back to just thinking I’m a dick and not that I’m out here being misogynistic for sport? I left this thread alone for days, in hopes that cooler heads would prevail, folks would re-read what I said and realize that it was taken out of context, then we’d move on. That hasn’t happened, so I’ve gotta address it the same way I would and HAVE addressed issues that have made other people feel unwelcome here.
It’s essentially prisoner’s dilemma question. Picking a man could give you the best or worst options, picking a best gives you the known option

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Honestly the only thing I took away from that was those few women who grew up in Baltimore have an irrational fear of something they don't understand - bears.

I don't think it's a matter of cooler heads prevailing, I think people have just moved on.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It’s essentially prisoner’s dilemma question. Picking a man could give you the best or worst options, picking a best gives you the known option

I get it, lesser of the two evils and all, but it’s perspective-based at best. You’re gonna have people with no experience with bears choose man, and vice-versa for people with experience with bad men. Neither makes you “wrong”, but that’s because of your perspective, not your position… which was one of the overarching points I made throughout the thread. As someone with plenty of experience with dangerous men and minimal experience with wild animals, I made my observations and provided a realistic assessment that wasn’t intended any derogatory way, but were based purely off of risk potential. I don’t think it warranted the hostility it received, especially when the first paragraph was worded as clearly as it was.

Honestly the only thing I took away from that was those few women who grew up in Baltimore have an irrational fear of something they don't understand - bears.

I don't think it's a matter of cooler heads prevailing, I think people have just moved on.
If for the best we move on from the subject, otherwise it's one of those discussions that'll keep going in circles. I'm willing to agree to disagree with people choosing man over bear based on my past experiences of growing up in an environment where toxic masculinity was rampant.

Back
Top Bottom