Resolved Wolf + Privacy settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also I don't know if this is the right place but I don't want to derail what's been an interesting game, it's kind of unfathomable to me that people would intentionally do this.

Is there a way for us to disable activity across the board for all users, mods included? It doesn't serve a purpose. It's cool to see people are online but we really don't need to know WHAT they're doing.

Post for why:
Post in thread 'GWF Zell Wolf - Version IX - Day 3' https://gwforums.com/threads/gwf-zell-wolf-version-ix-day-3.1308/post-73151

I guess I'm against metagaming when it breaks the balance of the game, and am fine with it otherwise. Like somebody mentioned people noticed Tommy didn't participate in the thread all day but was active in the forums, so they're deducing there's a voodoo wolf. It is metagaming, but that actually seems fair to me, because somebody not posting all day is suspicious, and people are bound to notice if he's posting elsewhere. And he could just be a wolf who's bad at lying and will use voodoo wolf as an excuse for not posting and to hide the actual type of wolf they have instead. Who knows? It doesn't prove anything either way.

Gentle reminder to try not to talk about an ongoing game outside the designated threads

As a GM, my opinion FWIW is that I'm comfortable with how games are currently played.

As a player who is in the opposite timezone I often use methods of subterfuge so that people can't tell what I'm doing. For example, sometime I deliberately open the new thread as soon as Zell posts it so my name is in there as having viewed it very early in the piece. Sometimes if I'm late to the party and I want to read without the temptation of reacting or to avoid being seen I will open the thread in an incognito tab so I'm not logged in.

The same extends to when I have roles, there has been a couple of times where I have asked Zell or Bash to time an action on my behalf. I'm not sure whether that's meta gaming or not but I hope that wouldn't be considered outside the bounds of how we should be playing. For me it allows some plausible deniability about the time of actions, because there are long parts of games where the only players awake are Benzine, Kelly and I.
shocked homer simpson GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom