Wolf 15 signup

All I'm saying is, if this isn't going to get back off the ground, that's going to suck for me.

Running games is cool and all but it would be nice to play something too. Otherwise my attention will likely drift elsewhere.
Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

Running games is cool and all but it would be nice to play something too.
It's funny you say this, because I was recently thinking I'd feel more at ease if I updated my game and ran one instead of playing. My issue is how I've been as a player, and could run one with less issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Ben
Eh. The reading numerous posts in dead-thread of "Oh I really hope they lose now" and "That's so arrogant", then getting a "bullshit" badge awarded over it, doesn't really convey the feeling that people didn't take it seriously. Even if that's true, I don't think it's super-healthy to (for any amount of time) think a large subset of friends are pissed at you, only to be told "lol jk".
My entire intention with the BS flag was how we basically were bullshitted and lost because we couldn't see it. Not that your win was bullshit, or that the team was bullshit, or that the roles were bullshit. Just simply the fact that y'all had to be good at BSing to win this one. And you were.

I've said in PM to shortkut and to TD that I was rooting for you guys after the rug got pulled out under my feet. I genuinely was, and thought it was crazy to witness. I'm thinking my master sorcerer plans are easily going to clinch this for the wolves, but once I got to the dead thread, I was rightly floored!

I was never upset with you guys for winning. The badge thing was absolutely blown out of proportion and I am so sad that it was taken as vitriol instead of the cheeky "hey look at these sly motherfuckers" "here's your REAL badge you WIMPS". I thought by being extra playground and extra silly, the joke would not be lost. But alas, it bothered you and I want to apologize that it bothered you. I think you would have realized how not annoyed and how genuinely on your side I was if you had read the dead thread but I know you don't really want to or have time to. In any case, I want you to know it was purely a joke, with an assist by Mark, that I had assumed would just be deleted or removed inevitably. I kind of want the animated badge, ya know? So please Ben, I beg of you, no hard feelings on this one.
Oh, my read was they wanted the B.S. Flag to be used for the Instigator Team Win at large because of all the... well, bullshit, they got fed this game. If that wasn't the intent, that's not cool.
That 100% was the intent. I ate much poop by Instigator team. They sling some hot BS. It allowed them to win. Nothing wrong with that.
I knew Zell was stirring the pot with those posts and that's why I presented Insta-Gator. 'Cause typically after the game is over a couple of folks, chiefly TD, use the dedicated badge thread to (attempt to) crowdsource ideas for any new/relevant badges. Unilaterally deciding on a badge usually results in getting a dubious badge instead and/or in addition to the final one.
That's where my mind was at with the "here's your REAL badge ya jerks" or whatever I said.

I’m just gonna include this here, since I don’t know who’s paying attention to the dead thread anymore.

I blindly added the instigator badge when I was tagged. I’m not even aware of how/why it would be a shot at any one particular person or team of instigators. I just press the buttons when I’m tagged, so, my apologies if the badge caused any trouble.
This is my fault, so I want to apologize to you too Mark. You did it without asking and we both didn't think there would be any type of negative response to it. I thought it was just going to be a joke because the team that had to bullshit their way to victory were successful in their endeavor. I still think it's a suitable badge for this situation, but if it's making people upset, then we should definitely remove it.

Or give it to me.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
My entire intention with the BS flag was how we basically were bullshitted and lost because we couldn't see it. Not that your win was bullshit, or that the team was bullshit, or that the roles were bullshit. Just simply the fact that y'all had to be good at BSing to win this one. And you were.

I've said in PM to shortkut and to TD that I was rooting for you guys after the rug got pulled out under my feet. I genuinely was, and thought it was crazy to witness. I'm thinking my master sorcerer plans are easily going to clinch this for the wolves, but once I got to the dead thread, I was rightly floored!

I was never upset with you guys for winning. The badge thing was absolutely blown out of proportion and I am so sad that it was taken as vitriol instead of the cheeky "hey look at these sly motherfuckers" "here's your REAL badge you WIMPS". I thought by being extra playground and extra silly, the joke would not be lost. But alas, it bothered you and I want to apologize that it bothered you. I think you would have realized how not annoyed and how genuinely on your side I was if you had read the dead thread but I know you don't really want to or have time to. In any case, I want you to know it was purely a joke, with an assist by Mark, that I had assumed would just be deleted or removed inevitably. I kind of want the animated badge, ya know? So please Ben, I beg of you, no hard feelings on this one.

That 100% was the intent. I ate much poop by Instigator team. They sling some hot BS. It allowed them to win. Nothing wrong with that.

That's where my mind was at with the "here's your REAL badge ya jerks" or whatever I said.

This is my fault, so I want to apologize to you too Mark. You did it without asking and we both didn't think there would be any type of negative response to it. I thought it was just going to be a joke because the team that had to bullshit their way to victory were successful in their endeavor. I still think it's a suitable badge for this situation, but if it's making people upset, then we should definitely remove it.

Or give it to me.
It's cool. I'm not upset at you or mark, and don't even feel aggravated enough by it to remove the badge even.

It was just one more layer on the "oh this didn't feel like winning" onion.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

That’s exactly how I interpreted what little I did read above/below the post you tagged me in.

Or give it to me.

You’re good, you don’t owe me an apology, dude. It’s part of the gamble I take every time I do some shit on a whim like that to amuse people/myself. You never know how something like that is gonna land when you’re just rushing through a gimmick or a joke when the objective is to try and be quick-witted and there’s already a delay between when you were tagged and when you replied.

You’re good, you don’t owe me an apology, dude. It’s part of the gamble I take every time I do some shit on a whim like that to amuse people/myself. You never know how something like that is gonna land when you’re just rushing through a gimmick or a joke when the objective is to try and be quick-witted and there’s already a delay between when you were tagged and when you replied.
I'm very happy with my Baymax badge, Mark!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm very happy with my Baymax badge, Mark!

That’s an obvious win, though. I’m referring to the controversial badges, or the ones that are jokes on someone. For example, @Ben and I talked about the Ben-Gay badge before it was even done here, I figured what better way to give a “fuck it” vibe to that whole sour experience after learning about it was to lean right into it. If I were Ben, that’s exactly how I would have handled it, which is why it was suggested. If there was some form of comparable badge I could have awarded myself as a joke at my expense, it would have already been done, which is why I landed on Kim, a dipshit dictator, awarding badges for likely dumbshit reasons.

All I'm saying is, if this isn't going to get back off the ground, that's going to suck for me.

Running games is cool and all but it would be nice to play something too. Otherwise my attention will likely drift elsewhere.
There you go again. Always making things all about it you. All about what you want and how you feel. Maybe this type of attitude is why we can’t play wolf anymore
angry magic the gathering GIF

I'm sure I missed a lot of context around that, being that I don't scour all the threads in here. From my perspective all I saw was the badge award notification and then Tommy's posts in the Aftercare thread seemingly upset by it. I'm certainly aware badges are used as a form of ribbing, but with the existing belief that everyone was annoyed I just took it as a more pointed barb.

If the community at large doesn't like the badge I made without democratic input, it can be changed.
Oh that's fine, it's my lunch break and I can't even read this thread much less anything else. Welcome to the club on missing context!

For whatever it's worth I, personally, am completely indifferent to badges. I only have/wear the Dipshit McFuckup badge because it perfectly encapsulates who and what I want to be within the context of these games. But the one you whipped up is cool as hell, as always, and if that's what y'all want then I think you should have it.

That being said.

Insta-Gator was still robbed.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh that's fine, it's my lunch break and I can't even read this thread much less anything else. Welcome to the club on missing context!

For whatever it's worth I, personally, am completely indifferent to badges. I only have/wear the Dipshit McFuckup badge because it perfectly encapsulates who and what I want to be within the context of these games. But the one you whipped up is cool as hell, as always, and if that's what y'all want then I think you should have it.

That being said.

Insta-Gator was still robbed.

I have YET to even find the Insta-gator to add it as an option as well.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I love that Mark has only tertiary knowledge of Wolf, but has inadvertently created a badge that sounds like it would be Priest+1.

You only get it if you're the Priest, kill a wolf with your action, and that wolf was Instigated.

Vash can officially never retire.

tumblr_lxhvorBlC11r3ovdbo1_400.gif

Tertiary? You’ve greatly overestimated my knowledge. I’m like a primitive search engine. Keywords only.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Being told that calling everyone idiots was just “being in character” just seemed like a major cop-out to me, and a weak one.

I know this one is directed at me. Believe what you will, it genuinely was, but it's also why I've dramatically altered my playstyle.

I had this whole post typed up trying to be a mediator and de-escalate but yeah, I imagine basically being called a liar would set me off similarly.

What? Saying something is a cop out isn't calling anybody a liar. "Cop out" means to avoid responsibility. His complaint is essentially the same as this one here:

I feel attacked and instead of ANYONE acknowledging it, it's once again dismissive.

Ants also felt like his voiced concern about having his feelings hurt was dismissed. He felt the reason he was given wasn't a good justification. That's all he was saying.

I don't say that to invalidate how it made you feel, TD. I'm only pointing this out in hopes that you'll feel better about the original message if you take it in that vein instead of as an accusation of dishonesty.

I think we should honor TD’s request. He’s been trying to take a break and keep getting pulled back in. Don’t tag him anymore even as a joke, he will come back if and when he is ready.
This all happened because you took a break to spend time with your family. How dare you do that to us

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I think we should honor TD’s request. He’s been trying to take a break and keep getting pulled back in. Don’t tag him anymore even as a joke, he will come back if and when he is ready.
Sorry, only people who actually play get an opinion.

Now, I think we should honor TD’s request. He’s been trying to take a break and keep getting pulled back in. Don’t tag him anymore even as a joke, he will come back if and when he is ready.

Now, I think we should honor TD’s request. He’s been trying to take a break and keep getting pulled back in. Don’t tag him anymore even as a joke, he will come back if and when he is ready.
You make a good point. I will not tag Tig Ditties for wolf anymore

Can I hire you to be my proxy always?

Back
Top Bottom