U.S.A. What Does' "Parents' Rights" Really Mean?

I was driving through West Virginia two months ago and stopped at a Wendy’s that had a huge banner out front ADVERTISING that their starting wage was $9 an hour. Like that was best-in-class.

Different place.
rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I was driving through West Virginia two months ago and stopped at a Wendy’s that had a huge banner out front ADVERTISING that their starting wage was $9 an hour. Like that was best-in-class.

Different place.

Dude, it’s like a fucking wasteland there. I dunno how people get by. My friend in Tera Alta says there’s a sawmill keeping the town afloat when it all used to be all about mining and quarrying back in the day.

I'd always assumed they were once just "Virginia" and "Carolina" until Cletus A got mad at Cletus B bad enough that they put an imaginary border on a map.

You’re not far from the truth.

I'd always assumed they were once just "Virginia" and "Carolina" until Cletus A got mad at Cletus B bad enough that they put an imaginary border on a map.
Correct on Virginia (West Virginia left during the civil war after Virginia seceded from the union so it could stay), but the Carolinas do not have the same origin story, sadly.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
You never played Fallout 76, huh?
If I know anything about @Tommy Boy, it's that he loves him some Fallout. I think 76, too.

I have no real reason for mentioning this except I want to summon someone to a thread like some kind of bored internet wizard.

• This Is Fine
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, I made the mistake of playing it at launch. And I gave up on it. Loved 3 and New Vegas (probably the best imo). 4 was ok. But 76 was flat out disgustingly bad.

I have 4 on my PS4 still, I started a new run through with the game loaded with mods. Definitely fixes a lot of the issues I had with it, but not all of them. It just took me a while to get the map down, it was easier knowing which direction to head to get places based on their real life location.

• Agree

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I will admit to having spent a lot of time in Fallout 4 playing with factory mods. I had a whole automated conveyor system that would sort junk into types, break it down, all that shit. Spent most of my time after beating the story line just making it more and more efficient.

I have problems.

• Haha

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I will admit to having spent a lot of time in Fallout 4 playing with factory mods. I had a whole automated conveyor system that would sort junk into types, break it down, all that shit. Spent most of my time after beating the story line just making it more and more efficient.

I have problems.

Dude, I turned Sanctuary into a brutalist hellscape. The cul-de-sac at the end is a fortress with more turrets than enemies and my people have their own hoard of Deathclaws. I LIKE problems.

Reactions: Ben
If I know anything about @Tommy Boy, it's that he loves him some Fallout. I think 76, too.

I have no real reason for mentioning this except I want to summon someone to a thread like some kind of bored internet wizard.
Plane Landing GIF by Safran

Ahhhh yes, I put a lot of time into Fallout 76. Fuckin hated it at first. Didn't touch it from 2018 - 2020. When I finally forced myself to pick it up during COVID, I fell in love. It's Fallout 4 with multiplayer and updates. The lore was really good, the story was really compelling. It was overall a fantastic game. I'd still be playing now if I hadn't run it into the ground in 2021.

All the launch problems are fixed. It's intimidating playing on a mutliplayer server at first, but there are rarely griefers. Just mostly people helping. I said fuck it and bought Fallout 1st (paid monthly membership) while I was active, gives you your own private server if you really feel like you can't play with others. I played the entire story line alone on my private server before ever going pub. Once I went pub, I had quickly forgotten what I was afraid of. The community was fuckin awesome.

Highly recommend.

Take Off Airplane GIF by Safran

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Is it finally good? Every time I've tried to pick it back up, it's been even buggier than the last time I gave up on it.
Its been good for a couple years now IMO, and they keep adding a ton of stuff every few months. I've never had bug issues with it, maybe I've just been lucky. I play on console, if that makes a difference.

• Agree

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I played No Man's Sky a few years back and never had noticeable bugs, either, on PS4/PS5. Really good game though, and the progression from surface level into space felt fairly well scaled.

I also played a ton of Ark, but that just... Stayed buggy. And they kept releasing new expansions without fixing existing bugs. Now they seem to have ditched Ark 2 in favor of rereleasing Ark with updated graphics and are pushing even more DLC. Been over that for a few years.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I also played a ton of Ark, but that just... Stayed buggy. And they kept releasing new expansions without fixing existing bugs. Now they seem to have ditched Ark 2 in favor of rereleasing Ark with updated graphics and are pushing even more DLC. Been over that for a few years.

Ark was recommended to me, I played the PS4 version. I died trying to navigate rocks and obstacles. It’s not for me, because I died the same way in another first-person survival called “Stranded Deep”… just trying to figure out how to move around the world.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Ark was recommended to me, I played the PS4 version. I died trying to navigate rocks and obstacles. It’s not for me, because I died the same way in another first-person survival called “Stranded Deep”… just trying to figure out how to move around the world.
It's very unforgiving to new players. If I wasn't such a dinosaur nerd I wouldn't have stuck with it.

There were absolutely times that my real life relationship was strained by that game, playing it with my partner. By about the fifth time she caused us to lose our pteranodons, or when we caught swamp fever, I had to take a break.

I absolutely never got into multiplayer. Without a huge clan, you're just continually reset by asshats who live on the game 24/7. Very hard to make progress as an antisocial solo player, but I guess that's why singleplayer exists.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh god, I can imagine. Pretty much the entire reason I don't play these types of games with my GF. We can't even get through It Takes Two :chuckle
Hah.

We actually got through It Takes Two without too much drama, so I guess we've grown and learnt our lesson. But it's also pretty poignant since our actual daughter is called Rose, so the whole thing felt more personal.

That's also the same reason I had a hard time getting through Resident Evil Village, because... Y'know.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hah.

We actually got through It Takes Two without too much drama, so I guess we've grown and learnt our lesson. But it's also pretty poignant since our actual daughter is called Rose, so the whole thing felt more personal.

That's also the same reason I had a hard time getting through Resident Evil Village, because... Y'know.

We really enjoyed It Takes Two, we just played through it a second time and realized that we missed a whole bunch of stuff the first time through.

Oh god, I can imagine. Pretty much the entire reason I don't play these types of games with my GF. We can't even get through It Takes Two :chuckle
We loved It Takes Two. If any part was a little frustrating, the game cheats a little bit and pushes you ahead. For some really tough parts though we had to switch controllers haha.

Now the wife wants to play Overcooked, so I fully expect we'll hate each other soon and destroy the bond we created with It Takes Two 😁

• Agree

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
We loved It Takes Two. If any part was a little frustrating, the game cheats a little bit and pushes you ahead. For some really tough parts though we had to switch controllers haha.

Now the wife wants to play Overcooked, so I fully expect we'll hate each other soon and destroy the bond we created with It Takes Two 😁

She’s trying to get me to try Overcooked, but isn’t it just like one of those time-management cooking games that those damn kids play?

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Overcooked is the devil. Definitely builds frustration and blame like a motherfucker.

It's not really "time management" per say, but definitely one where it's possible for one player to mess up the whole flow and make you fail a level.

I much preferred Moving Out in that regard. Still coop, but it's so whacky you only laugh at the fails.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Man, Vash and I have enough issues with lego games. I apparently am not that good at lego games.

Oh story time!!!

So we were going to play halo co-op together and play through all the games. I don't really play a lot of shooter type games and I suck. So we could never finish the first Halo game because at the end I wasn't good enough to be the shooter and I sucked so bad at driving the warthog.

What in the name of Baphomet…

That gif with the guy walking into the burning apartment carrying pizza isn’t remotely qualified for the sensation of returning to this thread a couple of weeks later. I’ve missed a lot, huh? 😱

Overcooked is really fun, just as long as you don’t actually care about winning. Perfectly accurate simulation of what a kitchen is like with more than one person!

and I sucked so bad at driving the warthog.
It’s okay, everyone sucks at driving the warthogs. Thing controls like complete ass. :rofl

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
What in the name of Baphomet…

That gif with the guy walking into the burning apartment carrying pizza isn’t remotely qualified for the sensation of returning to this thread a couple of weeks later. I’ve missed a lot, huh? 😱

Shitposting department redirects threats threads.

You can't access steam on Macs?
Apple deprecated, then eventually removed, support for 32-bit applications entirely from MacOS Catalina onward. The only way you can play the MacOS ports nowadays is to dual-boot MacOS Mojave and make sure the Mojave install doesn't auto update, which she's entirely unwilling to do, for obvious reasons. :sad

• Mind Blown!
I played a good chunk of It Takes Two with my brother when I was visiting him for the holidays. Fantastic gameplay aside, those two characters are insufferable. I don't know how people like that get married in the first place if they get upset at each over the pettiest shit.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I played a good chunk of It Takes Two with my brother when I was visiting him for the holidays. Fantastic gameplay aside, those two characters are insufferable. I don't know how people like that get married in the first place if they get upset at each over the pettiest shit.
I'm not disagreeing, but I found it to be relatable.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

CO-DDDDDDYYYYY.

You didn’t like hearing that over, and over, and over?

I'm not disagreeing, but I found it to be relatable.

Yes, because I often find myself battling sentient vacuums and listening to books tell me about how much of a fuck-up I am.

Back
Top Bottom