• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Verdict Toilet paper: which direction is correct

Overhand or underhand?

I have my opinions, but I'll keep them out of the first post. @Crazy Jamie can be first choice of Judge if he wishes to take the case. If not then as second choice I forcibly nominate @VashTheStampede against his will for no other reason than because I feel like it.

My recommendation is the judge selects from two volunteers to be the attorney for either side, then those attorneys do jury selection against those peoples will.

Solution
OP
Ants!
Three out of five jurors have spoken. Rather than risk a hung (lol) jury, we'll just rule Overhand and the case is closed.
I think sometimes bathrooms, and especially half baths, are made as small and cramped as possible to maximize the space in the rest of the house. So we end up with awkward placements for things.

I think the best solution is to have a standalone toilet paper holder like we have. I'll take a picture of it later when I'm home.

Also, who doesn't love it when you remove that center axle thing to replace the roll and the spring inside makes it fling apart in two halves and you have to go looking for where the other piece went :chuckle

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'd like to supply the judge and jury with the following image, thusly complementing my earlier statement. Vis-à-vis. Concordantly. Ergo. [Insert fancy sounding word here].
View attachment 21374

What the absolute fuck is that? Then again, coming from the country that brought us IKEA, I’m not surprised. Your bathroom hardware probably came in a flat-pack box with an Allen key.

I think sometimes bathrooms, and especially half baths, are made as small and cramped as possible to maximize the space in the rest of the house. So we end up with awkward placements for things.

I think the best solution is to have a standalone toilet paper holder like we have. I'll take a picture of it later when I'm home.

Also, who doesn't love it when you remove that center axle thing to replace the roll and the spring inside makes it fling apart in two halves and you have to go looking for where the other piece went :chuckle

…or, the slightly more rage-inducing “didn’t listen for the click, and now the roll shot across the room, the roller is now a javelin, and you now have half a roll of shit tickets on the floor” instance.

Fun times.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
*bangs eggplant 🍆, which is a little softer and more limp than before the break*

Court is now back in session!

So, not it appears the neutral jury are looking for a third option. It is empty at the moment, but this is the standalone holder I was referring to before.

View attachment 21375
My inner-child wants to hold that up like a rocket launcher, with that 'stock' against my shoulder.

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also, who doesn't love it when you remove that center axle thing to replace the roll and the spring inside makes it fling apart in two halves and you have to go looking for where the other piece went
Years ago, one of the kids was done going to the bathroom and wanted to replace the empty roll with a new one. Should be simple enough even for a small child. Well, somehow, he managed to have one half and the spring fly off straight I to the toilet.

.... none of the transaction was yet submitted.

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
My problem with my apartment is that two of the bathrooms feel logical to me, but the master bathroom has the roll holder on the opposite side to the others.

Feel's natural to pull with the left hand and karate chop with the right. This is true for 2/3 of my bathrooms.

tp.jpg

Yet this one got me feeling like a clumsy ninja, pulling with the right and karate choppin' with my left, rarely resulting in a kill strike.

tp2.jpg

I don't poop in the master bedbathroom much.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
That's good. It's generally ill-advised to poop in any of the rooms that don't have a toilet.
Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

Do you need the 12th 'hover poop' option?
Anything on the bowl is fine, I just mean the back tank that stores water. It's not meant to support a persons weight and is connected to the bottom part by some bolts and a rubber gasket, so if you abuse it you make get leaks onto your floor.

Of course I realize this could just be me taking a meme too seriously. Lol

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Anything on the bowl is fine, I just mean the back tank that stores water. It's not meant to support a persons weight and is connected to the bottom part by some bolts and a rubber gasket, so if you abuse it you make get leaks onto your floor.

Of course I realize this could just be me taking a meme too seriously. Lol

There’s no such thing as “too seriously” after you’ve replaced a toilet or two, which it sounds like you may have.

I understand why plumbers make as much as they do anytime I’ve had to.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Pretty good actually. The oldest kid starts work tomorrow. Hoping he likes his gig and sticks with it. It's real nice money for an almost adult kid with 0 work experience.

Shit, I wasn’t expecting a serious answer. That’s great news, though. Hopefully it works out for him. Is it something that interests him? Or just a random wallet-filler?

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Shit, I wasn’t expecting a serious answer. That’s great news, though. Hopefully it works out for him. Is it something that interests him? Or just a random wallet-filler?
Sometimes you gotta throw a curve ball lol.

More of a wallet filler for sure than anything that interests him, but the company is also real good. I think his starting pay was already like $18 or $19 an hour as basically pick & pack, with benefits, 401k, and more. If he moves elsewhere there to the manufacturing side, there's pretty decent money to be made.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Sometimes you gotta throw a curve ball lol.

More of a wallet filler for sure than anything that interests him, but the company is also real good. I think his starting pay was already like $18 or $19 an hour as basically pick & pack, with benefits, 401k, and more. If he moves elsewhere there to the manufacturing side, there's pretty decent money to be made.

That’s not a bad gig at all, dude. I remember the only benefit of my first job was a paycheck, so anything like healthcare and a retirement plan fresh out of high school sounds pretty sweet to me. It’ll help bridge the gap between coverage on the family plan and coverage as an adult.

Back
Top Bottom