The user with post numbered 370 in this thread is the champion of this thread

the game's made up and the points don't matter
de9HLAU.gif

i really wouldn't worry, that's a lot of posts without you

what are everyone's weekend plans?
Wife's sleeping in (Arabs and Arab-adjacent people are might owls) so imma finish Dead Space 2. Then we'll plan out our next trip together (Japan in April) and maybe do a shop.

How's the warm-up going? What are your plans?

Wife's sleeping in (Arabs and Arab-adjacent people are might owls) so imma finish Dead Space 2. Then we'll plan out our next trip together (Japan in April) and maybe do a shop.

How's the warm-up going? What are your plans?
warm up is going fine, i'm about to go and play golden sun, made nasi lemak with rendang for dinner. only have 6 beers today though cause i do have to wake up early with child.

Is this an Indonesian dish? It sounds Indonesian. Indonesian food is... not great. Unless it's Balinese. They cook well.
you're out of your mind, indonesian food is awesome, all the restaurants that do indonesian food here are great.

my wife grew up with an indonesian maid and i've also had the pleasure of meeting her and trying some of her food and it was some of the best food i've ever eaten. oddly, i ate it while in finland.

you're out of your mind, indonesian food is awesome, all the restaurants that do indonesian food here are great.
I guess if you like plain unflavored white rice served with a dollop of the spiciest shit you've ever had in your life, and overcooked chicken with barely any meat on it.

This was almost my entire experience outside of Bali.

ooooooooooh yeah indonesian food

nah haha i had fish curries and fried rices, they were awesome.
when I was in Gili T there was a little convenience store that also had 2 wooden stools and a menu with 3 dishes (fried rice, fried noodles, something else). $3 a plate. swear to god the fried rice and fried noodles were some of the best food i ever had. great for hangovers too.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That depends. I'll need to hear the terms first.
You say there's nothing in the rules that says you have to post more.

I say you  do have to post more to win.

Therefore, I wager that you cannot win if you do not post any more in the game.

If you are able to win without making any other posts, I will commission and wear a badge that says Jon > Vash

If you cannot complete this challenge, you will wear a badge that says Vash > Jon

• Okie Dokie
Reactions: TD
Therefore, I wager that you cannot win if you do not post any more in the game.
This wording makes it impossible for me to win.

I'd argue I don't need to post MORE (than what I'm sporadically doing). If I do not post any more at all, I wouldn't even have a chance at winning because I couldn't be the 370th poster. Need to be that post to win.

So, I'm all for a wager... if your wording is modified slightly.

I still will not likely win because the odds of being the 370th poster is slim and left to chance regardless, but either way I'd get a free badge, so who am I to say no? I don't care what the badge says. :link

Damn you for making me pull out my legal and semantic mind.... I haven't done that since law school, you jerk!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
This wording makes it impossible for me to win.

I'd argue I don't need to post MORE (than what I'm sporadically doing). If I do not post any more at all, I wouldn't even have a chance at winning because I couldn't be the 370th poster. Need to be that post to win.

But this is my exact point. You said there's nothing in the rules that says you have to post more. My stance is that is THE rule of the game.

So I'm glad we agree that I'm right.
Damn you for making me pull out my legal and semantic mind.... I haven't done that since law school, you jerk!

I'm giving you free mental exercise and I don't even require you to take on student loans. You're welcome!

• Haha
Reactions: TD
But this is my exact point. You said there's nothing in the rules that says you have to post more. My stance is that is THE rule of the game.

So I'm glad we agree that I'm right.
You and I have very different definitions of "more" in that context. :D

I would have said I don't have to post ANY more to mean what you interpreted. But alas, we'll have to find a new wager for me to wear a Vash > Jon badge :(

Back
Top Bottom