The Necrohol

For the standings (which I know people don't really care about) I think I'm gonna subtract a point from everyone when a game starts. That will differentiate people who score 4 points in 10 games from those who did in two games. People who die night 1 will not have any points subtracted.
I don't understand but sounds good lol

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
For the standings (which I know people don't really care about) I think I'm gonna subtract a point from everyone when a game starts. That will differentiate people who score 4 points in 10 games from those who did in two games. People who die night 1 will not have any points subtracted.

EDIT: Would be subtracted if their team loses obviously.
What if you just had something that indicates how many games someone played next to their point total?

Might be tough right away but once you do it, should be simple enough to upkeep afterwards?

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'll gladly make up that I saw Local Hero's post and that Alu is a wolf
season 3 chaos grenade GIF by Billions

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

EDIT: Would be subtracted if their team loses obviously.
I say subtract a point from everyone who doesn't play.

YEAH I SAID IT

We're under a severe thunderstorm warning so bad that school is cancelled tomorrow.

And I'll have to drive to work in the middle of it in the morning.

Trying not to stress over it considering I've been driving for only like 3 months lol
We also had school canceled tomorrow. But I don't think our weather is supposed to be near as severe as yours. Maybe go early??

Reactions: TD
We're under a severe thunderstorm warning so bad that school is cancelled tomorrow.

Trying not to stress over it considering I've been driving for only like 3 months lol
Also this is why in the US we give licenses at 16. Severe tornadoes and only been licensed for 3 months? Guess I'll throttle it back down to 90 mph this morning.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Just below freezing here and tomorrow supposed to get just above. I think the mountains are fighting off the worst of it here.

• Cheers!

If it's any help I drove through a tornado in Arkansas in 2014 after driving on US roads for 1 week.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
When I was in my early 20s we went to California to visit family for Christmas and got there at like midnight and I had to drive 3 hours in the dark and such think fog that I could barely see 20 feet in front of my car. 0 out of 10. The worst and scariest driving I've ever had to do. The blinding rain storms we get here are slightly up from that. At least the light from your head lights doesn't die 50 feet in front of you.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

Driving in it is usually fine, since you're safe from lightning at least. It could suck if the rain is really heavy or if there's enough hail that the roads get slick, but otherwise you should be fine.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Driving in it is usually fine, since you're safe from lightning at least. It could suck if the rain is really heavy or if there's enough hail that the roads get slick, but otherwise you should be fine.
Yeah, the blinding rain is what I'm really worried about. But it's also before the sun comes up so I should be able to see lights.

• Hugs

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Yeah, the blinding rain is what I'm really worried about. But it's also before the sun comes up so I should be able to see lights.
Blinding rain is annoying but as someone who deals with it constantly - just take your time and keep more distance from the car in front of you than you normally would and if it gets too much, don't be afraid to pull over to regroup.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
When I was in my early 20s we went to California to visit family for Christmas and got there at like midnight and I had to drive 3 hours in the dark and such think fog that I could barely see 20 feet in front of my car. 0 out of 10. The worst and scariest driving I've ever had to do. The blinding rain storms we get here are slightly up from that. At least the light from your head lights doesn't die 50 feet in front of you.
It's been super foggy here lately. We've had multiple days in a row where you could never see more than 30 feet in any direction. I hate it. It's not even driving specifically, it freaks me out generally. But it does suck to drive in, too.

The scariest driving I ever did was also in California. I ended up in a tall Nissan Versa, which I learned is essentially a wind sail. I had to adjust my steering based on if there was a vehicle beside me and how much wind it was blocking. Every time a semi passed me, I nearly got blown off the road. It was awful.

Blinding rain is annoying but as someone who deals with it constantly - just take your time and keep more distance from the car in front of you than you normally would and if it gets too much, don't be afraid to pull over to regroup.
Wholeheartedly second this, there is no shame in pulling over to regroup and arriving to your destination safely

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Wholeheartedly second this, there is no shame in pulling over to regroup and arriving to your destination safely
I'd also say that if you feel like it's not safe to drive at all, then don't. I used to get made fun of for not going to work or leaving early any time there was any snow in the forecast, but I know I can't safely drive in it, and there were several times I was very glad I made that decision.

• Agree
Back
Top Bottom