The Necrohol

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Hahaha. Loudmouth two games in a row, had a wolf tagged both games, did no good either time. I was excited to see I'd died, until I saw Local managed to die with me.

Not the first time Local has ruined my seer-ish read by revealing the info first. :hot

Last edited:
Hahaha. Loudmouth two games in a row, had a wolf tagged both games, did no good either time. I was excited to see I'd died, until is Local managed to die with me.

Not the first time Local has ruined my seer-ish read by revealing the info first. :hot
To be fair, I didn't think I did anything in the day thread to jeopardize your safety.

I died because I
existed

Also, you voted for me 🥲

But hey - you didn't die Night 0!
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
So my GW was acting real weird last night and apparently the fall out of that was this thread was not notifying me of anything. So I haven't read a lot of stuff, but I want to add how honored I am that Jon used something I said. The Queen of the Dead, to try and prove himself the ritualist. A person that died in this village so long ago and has no connection to current events. Will this lead to people in the future just making up stuff about random dead non players?

So my GW was acting real weird last night and apparently the fall out of that was this thread was not notifying me of anything. So I haven't read a lot of stuff, but I want to add how honored I am that Jon used something I said. The Queen of the Dead, to try and prove himself the ritualist. A person that died in this village so long ago and has no connection to current events. Will this lead to people in the future just making up stuff about random dead non players?
If I ever get the opportunity to be a medium or ritualist there will be shenanigans

That is a bizarre way to prove yourself

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
With you and I becoming the welcoming committee - it would be a cute touch to the speak to the dead roles.

My eye is twitching at Jon making decisions based on the likelihood of someone have the same role multiple times.

After all, GwJumpman was The Corruptor twice in three games. Kat was just loudmouth back to back (odds of getting the same RRV back to back is about 1%, hell the odds of getting ANY regular villager role in two straight games is only 20%).

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
My eye is twitching at Jon making decisions based on the likelihood of someone have the same role multiple times.

After all, GwJumpman was The Corruptor twice in three games. Kat was just loudmouth back to back (odds of getting the same RRV back to back is about 1%, hell the odds of getting ANY regular villager role in two straight games is only 20%).
I think it's a learning curve thing.

On my first game back to the forums was the 3-aura seer game. So it became easy for me to consider each random roll as a random roll.

Sometimes you need to be impacted by it to accept it.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder

Are all roles equally weighted? Or are some roles rare?

What do you use to generate your random numbers, Zell? Just curious.
Take the list of players in alphabetical order. Put them in the list randomizer on random.org:

That gives everyone their number.

Then take the roles for the game. Place those in the same list randomizer to mix them up. Match the numbers.

If there needs to be further randomness (say, because the role isn't a fixed role it's a "random regular" role, then I use a RNG to pick which number. Specifically, pyrhon random module. So for example Jon rolled RSV. There are eight strong villagers. I go into python and do a random.randint(1,8) and it spits out a number 1-8. Whichever number it gives me is the role. In Jon's case, it was a 7 for ritualist.

If it draws something they can't have, let's say there was another ritualist, then we just re-roll.

Take the list of players in alphabetical order. Put them in the list randomizer on random.org:

That gives everyone their number.

Then take the roles for the game. Place those in the same list randomizer to mix them up. Match the numbers.

If there needs to be further randomness (say, because the role isn't a fixed role it's a "random regular" role, then I use a RNG to pick which number. Specifically, pyrhon random module. So for example Jon rolled RSV. There are eight strong villagers. I go into python and do a random.randint(1,8) and it spits out a number 1-8. Whichever number it gives me is the role. In Jon's case, it was a 7 for ritualist.

If it draws something they can't have, let's say there was another ritualist, then we just re-roll.
Have you ever been tempted to reroll or directly pick a role/person for lols?

Back
Top Bottom