Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
theres a lot of good games.

I don't share a TON of similarities in terms of gaming with a lot of people from here. I've never been a fan of Zelda, I don't play RPGs, etc. On the NES list, there were peoples lists that I wouldn't care about any of the games.

On SNES, for me, even with my narrower and also different to the majority my tastes are, there is *AT LEAST* one game in every persons list that I couldn't live without.

Why the fuck is Super Smash TV not on anyone's list? Only one fucking Bomberman? No Joe & Mac?!

WHOSE TABLE I GOTTA START FLIPPING OVER HERE? CAN'T TRUST YOU PEOPLE WITH ANYTHING I SWEAR. :rant

@Jon - Tetris Attack

@TD - Super Bomberman

@Rick52 - The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
...Okay I can't trust most of y'all. :tease These are some good, non-standard picks.

You can play Panel de Pon forever so Jon has to win. It's just simple math.

Why the fuck is Super Smash TV not on anyone's list? Only one fucking Bomberman? No Joe & Mac?!

WHOSE TABLE I GOTTA START FLIPPING OVER HERE? CAN'T TRUST YOU PEOPLE WITH ANYTHING I SWEAR. :rant

...Okay I can't trust most of y'all. :tease These are some good, non-standard picks.

You can play Panel de Pon forever so Jon has to win. It's just simple math.
I thought about Joe and Mac, but went with Uncharted Waters II instead, sorry!

This one is way more spread out than the NES one was.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Games I was surprised weren't picked that were hovering on my list at the end (in no order):

Joe & Mac (1&2)
Lufia and Fortress of Doom
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Dragon View
Stunt Race FX
UN Squadron
Yoshi's Cookie
Pocky & Rocky 2
Madden 94
Super Double Dragon

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Games I was surprised weren't picked that were hovering on my list at the end (in no order):

Joe & Mac (1&2)
Lufia and Fortress of Doom
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Dragon View
Stunt Race FX
UN Squadron
Yoshi's Cookie
Pocky & Rocky 2
Madden 94
Super Double Dragon
WARIOS WOODS

Too much RPG bias here, IMO.

I appreciate the person who votes for my list despite the lack of RPGs
I'll be honest, I would never pick an RPG-heavy list within the context of "these are the only games you can play." (J)RPGs are near-exclusively one-and-done affairs for me, and the ones that aren't have special caveats such as the gameplay being the central draw, or there being some astounding class/job/stat/build/whatever flexibility that totally changes up how the game is played.

Like if someone puts FFXI on their PS2 or X360 list, that list wins my vote. But... that's basically it. :chuckle

I have a stupid idea that I'll do this weekend if I remember. Along with that damn Top 25 Character list... 👀

It's weird to say people are too swayed by "characteristic X" in a poll where you vote your preference.

Yeah I love me some SNES RPGs, but A Link to the Past is far and away my favorite from the system. Super Mario World is up there as well, same for Mega Man X and such. Just the RPGs were more well rounded out seems throughout the life of the system in my opinion (both action and turn based).

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
wario was a big star on the game boy

Mario Land 2 (wario was the bad guy)
Mario Land 3 which was really Wario Land 1 but he needed the marketing
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
that weird Bomberman game he got to be in

that was all before he was banished to the microgame mines, quite sad honestly

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is a top 10 Mario game and oh god I might have to make a new ranking list what have I done
Rick52 said:
Mario Land 2 (wario was the bad guy)
Mario Land 3 which was really Wario Land 1 but he needed the marketing
Yes! I played both of those games so much. I feel like Wario Land (SML3) especially got overlooked.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is a top 10 Mario game and oh god I might have to make a new ranking list what have I done
Super Mario Land 2 was like playing Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3 on a handheld device back before those games came out for the GBA. Except you got to choose which area you wanted to go to after the first level (which I never understood why that was a one time play). Bunny suit was OP, BTW.

The second space level was total ass.

I'm not surprised, based on the fact that no one else in the draft apparently did either :link
I knew it was on the NES. I didn't know it was also put out on the SNES.
Why the fuck is Super Smash TV not on anyone's list?
That's the game I was thinking of! It popped into my mind a few times but I forgot to add it to my offline list of picks.
No Joe & Mac?!
Never heard of this, but I'm intrigued. I see they're making a remaster.
I think xDXxAscension had the best final pick by a mile
Demon's Crest is such a great game. That was supposed to be my last pick

It sounds like everyone has a different method for picking their list/votes. I noticed I tend to give more weight to quantity of good picks than quality of good picks. So while Super Mario RPG is my favorite game of all time, and I could probably play only it forever and be happy, if you throw three sports games on that list, I wouldn't even consider voting for it.

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to go back and play a sports game from the 90s, but then again, I don't like sports games. So that's why Cole's list of sports games doesn't appeal to me at all. But I found it really interesting that so many picks I would consider as total whiffs were applauded by others. It really showed me my biases when it comes to games, and surprised me with what others like.

It does seem like there's a jRPG + sports game bias, and not many people seem to care about platformers. I'm a whore for platformers though.

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to go back and play a sports game from the 90s, but then again, I don't like sports games.
This is so funny to me because now days they are almost the only games I will go back and play.
It's the whole sense of nostalgia I think, both for the game and also for being able to use legendary players of yesteryear.

This is so funny to me because now days they are almost the only games I will go back and play.
It's the whole sense of nostalgia I think, both for the game and also for being able to use legendary players of yesteryear.
This and sometimes the simpler games are better. Also, I don’t think there is a better basketball game created than nba jam

This and sometimes the simpler games are better. Also, I don’t think there is a better basketball game created than nba jam
I know I said I don't like sports games, but I remember having a blast with NBA Showtime on the N64. I loved how you could toggle rules off and play a crazy match with no out of bounds and that sort of thing.

I get why people would want to play sports games as the old legends, too

That's the game I was thinking of! It popped into my mind a few times but I forgot to add it to my offline list of picks.
At least someone sort of remembered! 😭

I don't think it's nostalgia; I think it's legitimately the best version of the game. The Arcade and NES versions (I assume the former was the one ported to X360) just don't have the same feel, and the Genesis version's sound is just... that is maybe a preference thing, but the SNES sounds fucking amazing. I don't think playing the Genesis version without the 6-button pad would do it any favors, either.

Never heard of this, but I'm intrigued. I see they're making a remaster.
I haven't played them in probably 30 years, but my memory tells me they were a fun romp! Especially with a co-op partner.

I know the remake exists, but I don't know who's developing it off-hand to know how worried I should be. :chuckle

Back
Top Bottom