VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Hello!

Recently 8 players have participated in a draft of every SNES game, and now we need to determine a winner.

If you could please peruse the following lists of SNES games and decide which of these groups of games you would rather play, if they were the only SNES games available to you:

@Jon
~~~~~

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV
Tetris Attack
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
The Lost Vikings
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage

@Joseph Snapple
~~~~~

Kirby Super Star
Secret of Mana
Super Castlevania IV
Breath of Fire II
Gradius III
Soul Blazer
Fatal Fury Special
Mega Man & Bass

@Smacktard
~~~~~

Chrono Trigger
Mega Man X
Super Punch-Out!!
Harvest Moon
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Castlevania: Dracula X
Mega Man X3

@Fire Queen
~~~~~

EarthBound
Super Mario All-Stars
F-Zero
Mega Man 7
Kirby's Dream Course
Star Fox 2
Kirby's Avalanche
Tokimeki Memorial: Densetsu no Ki no Shita de

@Fool's Requiem
~~~~~

Super Mario World
Super Street Fighter II
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Earthworm Jim 2
Aladdin
R-Type III: The Third Lightning
Sunset Riders

@TD
~~~~~

Final Fantasy VI
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
ActRaiser
Street Fighter II: Turbo
Super Bomberman
Illusion of Gaia
Shadowrun
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem

@xDXxAscension
~~~~~

Donkey Kong Country
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 3
The Lion King
Frogger
Doom
Virtual Bart
Demon's Crest

@Cole
~~~~~

Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
NBA Jam
NHL '94
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Uniracers
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit

@Ants!
~~~~~

Super Metroid
Breath of Fire
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Gemfire
Lemmings
Secret of Evermore
Brain Lord
Plok

@Local Hero
~~~~~

Mario Paint
Mortal Kombat II
SimCity
Pilotwings
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Space Megaforce
Uncharted Waters II: New Horizons

@Rick52
~~~~~

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy V
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Terranigma
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Live A Live
Dragon Quest III

@Marlfox
~~~~~

Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mega Man X2
E.V.O.: Search for Eden
Metal Warriors
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Alien 3
Earthworm Jim

Kelly asked if we should make a rule against voting for yourself and I just realized I never responded, like it was a question about doing an XBox draft or something.

I think we're all adults here and don't need a rule like that. If you legit feel you had the best list shame on you then by all means.

• Sus!
Reactions: TD
I never responded, like it was a question about doing an XBox draft or something.
Idris Elba Table Flip GIF

Going back to SNES and enjoying it when it wasn't what you grew up with?

A man of fine taste.
Haha, my aunty had one and when we'd visit every year or so I'd get to play maybe 2-3 hours so when I then got old enough (and saved enough of my pocket money (you yanks call it allowance)) I went and bought one.

• Cheers!
Kelly asked if we should make a rule against voting for yourself and I just realized I never responded, like it was a question about doing an XBox draft or something.

I think we're all adults here and don't need a rule like that. If you legit feel you had the best list shame on you then by all means.
don't try to play me.

if I had to pick one persons list and those are the only games I could play for the rest of time, the only one that I'd actually leave HAPPY with is mine. Gotta do it.

I'm voting for my own list too because I'm the only one weird enough to pick it, but TD's is a close second thanks to FFVI, ActRaiser and, yes, Fire Emblem

edit
*votes*
*sees two others voted for my list*

uhhh... wha??

• Haha
I don't have enough SNES experience/knowledge to do a breakdown, especially now that I see the lists and realize how many of these games I don't know anything about.

For my vote, I'll go with Cole's. It would be easy to say the lean toward sports games tipped the scale, but it was more that he made quality choices for those sports games. And while I haven't played DKC2, I know the soundtrack is full of bangers thanks to discovering many of its songs on youtube in recent years.

I never got into RPGs, and part of that might have been not having an SNES, the home of so many classic RPGs and when the genre really came into its own.

The problem though is that:
  • Everyone thinks their own list is best
  • Everyone wants to win
I truly believe I have the best list. It just makes sense to vote for yourself, so it would be nice to have a rule that says you have to vote for another player because otherwise you're going to have 12 boring votes in a game that, last draft, barely had 12 votes total.

Still haven't voted yet though. If I decide to vote for someone else, probably looking like Marlfox or Snapple ATM

It just makes sense to vote for yourself, so it would be nice to have a rule that says you have to vote for another player because otherwise you're going to have 12 boring votes in a game that, last draft, barely had 12 votes total.
I feel like this is truly dependant on the person though - in the NES draft we had 20 votes and only 5 lists received votes. So not everyone follows this.

I do get the point you're trying to make. On the flipside, setting it up as a poll makes it easier for Vash, and might even result in more votes.

The alternative I guess would be no poll and tallying votes mafia style?

kelly almost got my vote (chrono trigger and TWO mega man x games in addition to super punch-out and dkc3? god damn) but in the end i had to go with rick. the thing about his list being import-heavy is that there are a lot of great games that never came out outside of japan! chief among them being fe4 which i uhh still need to finish my playthrough of

I didn't realize the functionality was there that you could see who voted for what. That would work I suppose.
I turned off the ability for this poll to avoid a related issue to the one Kelly is championing.

I didn't see the ability to allow  myself the ability to still see who voted for what, because then I'd totally use whether or not someone voted for themselves as a tie-breaker.

I turned off the ability for this poll to avoid a related issue to the one Kelly is championing.

I didn't see the ability to allow  myself the ability to still see who voted for what, because then I'd totally use whether or not someone voted for themselves as a tie-breaker.
I thought there was an option for poll makers to see results, but if not could you use your mod privileges to do that?

so fun fact, unless I'm missing something, even as admin I can't see who voted for what or even edit poll numbers like we used to on VBulletin
Well then for the sake of full disclosure, I voted for myself.

Apart from myself, I was stuck between Snapple and Marl, but I'd probably have voted Marl. If Snapple nabbed a Mega Man X game instead of M&B, I'd probably have given it to him.

I really like Ants’ list for its top 3, fantastic games I would play repeatedly. The rest of the list I barely knew though.

Super Metroid
Breath of Fire
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

FoolR’s List is my next best, Mario World is convincing just by itself but the followup choices would give you some great campaigns and multiplayer options.

Super Mario World
Super Street Fighter II
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Kind of folks to mention my list. I went for games that were different from each other to give a fun variety, I wanted to capture the interests of different gamers while still keeping to games I personally enjoyed.

Back