Sup doodz

Casserole: a kind of stew or side dish that is cooked slowly in an oven

Awkward Kid GIF
The term "casserole" can refer to any dish prepared in a casserole dish—essentially a deep, wide baking dish—and baked in the oven. A casserole can have layers, as in the case of an Italian lasagna or a deep-dish pizza, or composed of some evenly distribu

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So we have a flavour of pizza called an Aussie which is generally tomato base, cheese, ham, bacon and egg.

This is a fairly typical pizza shop menu:

I don’t like that one thing being second on the menu.

The Mexicana is amusing considering the one ingredient to differentiate itself is chili peppers.

Otherwise… very similar to the typical pizza places around here.

One of my favorites near the city is this place:

Haven’t really encountered anything beyond chains out here yet though.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Freshly baked > cold > reheated.

Unless you start tier listing different ways of reheating pizza, it'll always be inferior to the other valid options.

This was delicious btw.

View attachment 8814

Nuked? Or air fryer?

Also, you’re dead on with microwaving being the inferior option. For me, it was always skillet, air fryer, toaster oven, oven, and microwave dead last.

Properly microwaved pizza is nothing short of a miracle of biblical proportions.

Nuked? Or air fryer?

Also, you’re dead on with microwaving being the inferior option. For me, it was always skillet, air fryer, toaster oven, oven, and microwave dead last.

Properly microwaved pizza is nothing short of a miracle of biblical proportions.
When I microwave cold pizza, it’s only for like 10 seconds to get the chill off without making it soggy

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I do have to agree that room temp pizza is better than cold from the fridge. Hot fresh pizza definitely tasty, but microwaving a slice just makes the dough parts all weird and mushy. The filling parts are fine, but as a whole you'd be better off eating it cold.

Nuked? Or air fryer?

I've only ever stuck some pizza back in the oven and nuked some. Between the two, the oven is far superior. Considering how the air fryer works for other things... I'd have to test it to see if I like the fried toppings. I can totally see the crust becoming revitalized or even better than fresh if you want a cronch.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I've only ever stuck some pizza back in the oven and nuked some. Between the two, the oven is far superior. Considering how the air fryer works for other things... I'd have to test it to see if I like the fried toppings. I can totally see the crust becoming revitalized or even better than fresh if you want a cronch.

If crispy is what you’re after, put a little butter or oil depending on your preference on a skillet, not enough to layer, just a brushing, and reheat it that way. Let the skillet heat about halfway before you put the pizza on if it’s a thicker dough or heavier on cheese/toppings, throw a thin slice right on a hot skillet since it reheats quicker. Even an air fryer has a hard time replicating pan-reheated pizza.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
If crispy is what you’re after, put a little butter or oil depending on your preference on a skillet, not enough to layer, just a brushing, and reheat it that way. Let the skillet heat about halfway before you put the pizza on if it’s a thicker dough or heavier on cheese/toppings, throw a thin slice right on a hot skillet since it reheats quicker. Even an air fryer has a hard time replicating pan-reheated pizza.
Hmm. I've never thought of using a skillet for rehearing stuff. At best, maybe throwing leftover sghetti and sauce in one and frying those up. I'll try to keep that in mind for pizza.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hmm. I've never thought of using a skillet for rehearing stuff. At best, maybe throwing leftover sghetti and sauce in one and frying those up. I'll try to keep that in mind for pizza.

Dude, the way I see it is this… if you’re going for an oven, you already commit to dirtying a piece of cookware. May as well commit to a smaller and easier to clean piece, right? The trade off is worth it, the first time I tried it I was furious at myself for not trying it sooner.

So apparently you're all fine with this crazy declaration that a microwave can improve pizza?
I've not read this thread so this is possibly entirely out of context, but I don't care....

I've recently taken to reheating my pizza leftovers in my air fry (I have a small one, but my oven does air fry and what I'm referencing here).

Reheating pizza in an air fryer is probably the BEST pizza leftovers I've ever had.

I've not read this thread so this is possibly entirely out of context, but I don't care....

I've recently taken to reheating my pizza leftovers in my air fry (I have a small one, but my oven does air fry and what I'm referencing here).

Reheating pizza in an air fryer is probably the BEST pizza leftovers I've ever had.
Try it with fries. It’s the only way to reheat fries

Try it with fries. It’s the only way to reheat fries
Oh yeah, that's a given. Already do that. Though I don't eat a ton of fries. Homemade fries cooked in an air fryer are delish too.

What air fryer is a good, reputable brand that someone would recommend?
My small one is a Ninja and they are a well known and reputable brand. A couple other popular ones that I recommend are Instant and Cuisinart.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I've had some random ones before. Currently we got a fairly large Instant one. Its a combo unit that also toasts, bakes, and whatever else. It's also big enough for personal size pizzas.

I would recommend getting one without baskets. They are neat and useful for dumping things out, but having a tray to slide in, like sliding in an oven tray, is much more versatile imo. And they tend to come with a glass door so you can see your food instead of being hidden in a basket.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

Unless you start tier listing different ways of reheating pizza, it'll always be inferior to the other valid options.

This was delicious btw.

View attachment 8814

Fun story: the first time my girlfriend invited me over for pizza, she didn't specify the type. The only pizza topping I really don't like is pineapple, but I figured surely somebody wouldn't only get such a controversial pizza without saying something, right? Wrong! I showed up, and all the pizza was covered in pineapple!

I was at her house when I read your post, and she immediately decided to start shit with me over her terrible taste in pizza toppings because she saw that picture.

So congrats, your shit stirring was successful. :raspberry

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Fun story: the first time my girlfriend invited me over for pizza, she didn't specify the type. The only pizza topping I really don't like is pineapple, but I figured surely somebody wouldn't only get such a controversial pizza without saying something, right? Wrong! I showed up, and all the pizza was covered in pineapple!

I was at her house when I read your post, and she immediately decided to start shit with me over her terrible taste in pizza toppings because she saw that picture.

So congrats, your shit stirring was successful. :raspberry
Anytime. :^

This was delicious btw.

View attachment 8814
Why does your plate have a beard.

Also yes air fryer is a great method to reheat pizza. Alternative if you have more time would be a cast iron.

Back
Top Bottom