• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Campaign Stormwreck Isle; Sacrifices Must Be Made (1-5)

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Zesty observes Sparkrender writing from the golden effigy. He surmises this effigy attempted to injure anyone nearby. He decides disrupting the ritual by taking out a couple effigies may benefit the group while they finish off the remaining few kobolds. Dealing with Sparkrender before the kobolds may end poorly. He decides to take aim at the nearest couple effigies. While he takes aim at the further blue effigy with his lockbuster, he orders Boltzmann to attack the nearer red effigy.

((I think that's a red effigy under moonsprout; can barely tell but that's the one Boltz is attacking))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Alright, retcon.))

Quoted Image
Everyone blinks, and though they thought they'd watched Nac punching the magic one, he stands before the brass effigy nearest to him.

The dwarf sways back and forth slightly, a bit queasy after being shuffled through time by a deity who realized they missed something. He vomits a little and thrusts his fist at the effigy.

Nac deals 5 damage to the effigy.

The brass effigy is destroyed.

1728875952896.png

With a crack, the light from the effigy fades and disperses into the maelstrom growing around Sparkrender.

Quoted Image
Zesty shoots past Moonsprout and hits the blue effigy, blasting one of the ropes and causing it to crumble over.

The blue effigy is destroyed.

1728876371293.png

Boltz runs up and bites through one of the tethers and crumbles the red effigy.

The red effigy is destroyed.

1728876494232.png

Sparkrender snarls as the energy of the effigies rushes up past him, and he eyes the two closest to the golden structure with malice.

Only the golden effigy remains standing, but the energy swirling above still continues unchanged.

Quoted Image
The Scale Sorcerer falls backwards against the wall in panic, at the sight of the huge half-orc in front of hi m and it quickly screams out an incantation. Aims feels a pulse through his body and the familiar tingle of magic...

1728877025085.png

((@Jawneh Please make a CON saving throw.))

((@Jawneh Please make a CON saving throw.))
Cat Wtf GIF

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Aww man, kinds wish that one had worked 'cause it would have made things interesting.))

Quoted Image
As the tingle spreads through Aims body, he grits his brow and furrows his teeth, shaking off the magical sensation. The small rocks around his feet that had begin to slowly levitate off the ground wobble momentarily before the spell breaks and they clatter across the rotunda.

Aims saves against the Levitate spell.

((I was totally just trying to fuck you up, but in retrospect I almost let Aims fly up to Sparkrender and fight there, so... I'm not sure who actually came out worse there.

@shortkut - kutshort is up.

1728924054010.png))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Can I switch to my crossbow and use it same turn or do I need to wait until next turn?))
((Sorry, I read this then forgot to respond to it.

In short, no, not without just dropping the crossbow.

You get one free 'object interaction' per turn, of which either unsheathing or sheathing count as. So you can either unsheathe or sheathe a weapon for free, on top of your actual action.

If you wanted to both sheathe and unsheathe in the same turn, it would consume your full action, meaning you can't attack as well.

The work around is that dropping a item/weapon doesn't count as your free 'object interaction', so you can therefore unsheathe as the free action and attack with your actual action. You just have to remember to pick the dropped weapon back up afterwards.))

Looking around, Kutshort notices that the dragon is trying to stay in the air, out of reach of the party

Kutshort sheaths his weapons and pulls out his crossbow. He then moves northeast to the wall and uses Hide as a bonus action

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: Jon
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Looking around, Kutshort notices that the dragon is trying to stay in the air, out of reach of the party

Kutshort sheaths his weapons and pulls out his crossbow. He then moves northeast to the wall and uses Hide as a bonus action
((So assuming you intended to move here.

1729130834092.png

...The only thing you have to feasibly hide behind is a pile of kobold corpses. And to hide in the first place, you'd generally need to be at least 3/4 obscured by cover.

Buuuuuuuuut let's assume somehow they're stacked up enough to obscure you in the dim light, with Sparkrender by chance looking Southwest towards the broken effigies, just to give you a shot at this.

@shortkut - Roll me a stealth check, please.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Against all odds, Sparkrender fails to notice kutshort slipping into the pile of Kobold bodies. Slinking behind the small wall of corpses, the rogue melts into the shadows.

Quoted Image
Sparkrender roars as he watches the effigies crumble. The roar of frustration gives way to a contemptuous tone, "Issi vurgar! wux rigluin wer vers ekess siofme! Svabol'ni!"

His furious yellow eyes fix on Nac and the wyrmling lets its body drop, angling just a little to land next to the scultpure and the dwarf monk.

1729141324459.png

Without hesitation, Sparkrender lunges forward and his serrated teeth find purchase on Nac's forearm. The blue dragon clamps down hard and a surge of electricity pulses through his maw, arcing across the dwarf's skin leaving branching burn marks.

1729141424309.png

((Fairly sure you don't have any monk things up that would have given you advantage or anything. So close to getting a crit. :sadpanda ))

1729141518242.png1729141530744.png

Nac takes 8 points of piercing damage.

Nac takes 6 points of lightning damage.

((@Smacktard - Moonsprout is up.

1729141817149.png))

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
((Sorry for the delay, this totally slipped my mind!))

Sparky bro, NOT cool. You can, like, BREATHE electricity or whatever, and instead of being a dope music artist, like the lead performer or something, you choose to, like, attack people and be all bad and junk. Missed opportunity, dude, for REAL.

Moonsprout uses Cutting Words on Sparkrender.

((I know this is a reactive roll, but considering this game isn't live, I figured I can substitute it for my roll, instead? Confirm/Deny?))

Back
Top Bottom