• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

September Debate thread

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
the thing I hate here is the mismatch of expectations. As long as Trump is coherent (which I believe he is so far, I don't think he has been rattled by anything at least at this point) he'll probably do okay in the post-debate polling. But she has to be on point about everything, she can't be too aggressive as a black woman, etc etc.

Loool of course he couldn't resist responding about the insult about his rallies.
He's easily baited.

the thing I hate here is the mismatch of expectations. As long as Trump is coherent (which I believe he is so far, I don't think he has been rattled by anything at least at this point) he'll probably do okay in the post-debate polling. But she has to be on point about everything, she can't be too aggressive as a black woman, etc etc.
He's been coherent, but he's lacked substance. I believe she's responding to the lies, and filling in with substance.

Also "EATING THEIR PETS!" is fucking stupidest thing he's EVER said.

But I loved the sly smirk she gave during this response legit laughing at him.

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
He's easily baited.

He's been coherent, but he's lacked substance. I believe she's responding to the lies, and filling in with substance.

Also "EATING THEIR PETS!" is fucking stupidest thing he's EVER said.

But I loved the sly smirk she gave during this response legit laughing at him.
the lies is another thing (another problem). She has to have mental bandwidth for her talking points AND calling out his lies. He doesn't do the same thing at that level, he doesn't have to

the lies is another thing (another problem). She has to have mental bandwidth for her talking points AND calling out his lies. He doesn't do the same thing at that level, he doesn't have to
I think she's handling that well, though. She's calling the lies out and then establishing how the middle class and American people are important to her. I wish she would mention more policy than just saying it, but I'll take it. She's not just getting into the "NO U" argument that he is.

Back
Top Bottom