Breaking Satellite Images Show 30% of Gaza Destroyed

Leandros?

GW Elder
I would think that seizing plans in a country would be an attack on that country, regardless of where the planes came from, yes. So you're agreeing with him about "who started it"?
I don't consider flaunting someone's authority by hijacking nationals from other countries an attack per se? If that's the case the conflict began as soon as Jordan allowed PLO to stage attacks on Israel after the annexation.

The last couple of days have been... well. An entire ass thing, obviously.

Some highlights:

Article:
Israel tells U.S. it will punish Palestinian Authority if ICC issues warrants

The Israeli government warned the Biden administration that if the International Criminal Court issues arrest warrants against Israeli leaders, it will take retaliatory steps against the Palestinian Authority that could lead to its collapse, two Israeli and U.S. officials said.

Article:
Scoop: Senators meet with ICC over concerns about possible Israel arrest warrants

A bipartisan group of senators held a virtual meeting on Wednesday with senior officials at the International Criminal Court to express their concern about possible arrest warrants being issued for Israeli leaders over the war in Gaza, according to three sources who were in the meeting or briefed about it.

Which plays, in part, into the ongoing fuckery of the IDF as outlined here:

And received this response:

And then this happened today:

GM67ZTdbUAAdzqC

Last edited:
Don't forget that the Hamas government accepted a cease fire proposal but Israel has declared they won't accept a cease fire if one of the terms is ending the war.
Yeah. Trying to work out how to split this up since posts can only display 5 embeds and, like... there's so much.

Article:
Israel to push on with Rafah operation while continuing hostage talks

JERUSALEM, May 6 (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that his war cabinet approved continuing an operation in the southern Gaza city of Rafah in order to pressure Hamas to release Israeli hostages and achieve the country's other war goals.
"The war cabinet unanimously decided that Israel continue the operation in Rafah to exert military pressure on Hamas in order to advance the release of our hostages and the other goals of the war," Netanyahu's office said in a statement.

Last edited:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah. Trying to work out how to split this up since posts can only display 5 embeds and, like... there's so much.

I think that may be one of those default settings that we never changed. We might be able to bump that up some without running into any issues with loading.

Edit - Took it up to 10. Let’s see how that goes.

When people talk about "Moderate" or sensible Republicans, particularly within the Senate, Mitt Romney is usually at the forefront of their mind. This is Mitt Romney:

This is that same playbook:

Israel getting called out by more countries.

And just a reminder of the human toll at the center of it all.

Joseph Snapple

You don't know how to treat the Crypt Keeper!
GW Elder
Funny thing is he's not wrong about TikTok. It has unquestionably made it much harder for Israel to hide it's actions and intentions as translated videos of the absolutely insane shit said on Israel's programming makes its way to the western public in large part thru a platform like TikTok.

Funny thing is he's not wrong about TikTok. It has unquestionably made it much harder for Israel to hide it's actions and intentions as translated videos of the absolutely insane shit said on Israel's programming makes its way to the western public in large part thru a platform like TikTok.
Absolutely. The fact that so many IDF soldiers, themselves, use the damn platform to show their own brutality is just... I think we all bitch and moan about social media, ultimately. And about how slow government response has been to this new information age, particularly when it comes to shoring up laws and provisions for stalking, bullying and the issuing of death threats.

But there's a certain amount of catharsis in that slowness and failure to adapt biting their propaganda machines in the ass and leaving it bare for all to see. Even if TikTok gets banned, even with Twitter in shambles - there's no hiding anymore, for better or worse. People will MacGyver it or something else will crop up.

what the fuck is wrong with us lib papers
Literally everything.

But to be fair - and balanced, I guess - Op-Eds are basically universally dogshit.

Article:
Kessler has worked for about 20 years as a research analyst, investment banker, venture capitalist, and hedge fund manager.[2]

Among his many other writings, in an April 26, 2007 guest column in The New York Times, entitled "Trust Me", Kessler wrote in part: "There are plenty of things I don’t trust – like Wikipedia. I’ve watched my 15-year-old son and his friends take turns editing the page for the animated film 'Land Before Time,' flipping the gender of the character Littlefoot from he to she and back."[6]

In March 2023, he suggested in the Wall Street Journal that the Silicon Valley Bank “may have been distracted by diversity demands” in the lead up to its collapse.[7][8][9]

Very smart man. Definitely somebody we should 1) take seriously and 2) continue to give a platform to in our very serious, very respectable papers. Mmhm. :facepalm

Article:
Gaza is 'choked off' from aid since crossings shut, UN agencies say

GENEVA, May 7 (Reuters) - U.N. agencies said on Tuesday the two main crossings into the southern Gaza Strip remained shut, virtually cutting off the Palestinian enclave from outside aid with few stocks positioned inside.

The global agency's humanitarian office spokesperson Jens Laerke told journalists Israel had shut both the Rafah and Kerem Shalom crossings for aid and people as part of its military operation in Rafah, where around 1 million uprooted people are sheltering.

The Israeli military said a limited operation in Rafah was meant to kill fighters and dismantle infrastructure used by Hamas, which governs the besieged Palestinian territory.

"The two main arteries for getting aid into Gaza are currently choked off," Laerke said, adding U.N. agencies had very low stocks inside the Gaza Strip since humanitarian supplies were consumed immediately. The enclave has just a one-day buffer of fuel stocks, he said.

"If no fuel comes in for a prolonged period of time it would be a very effective way of putting the humanitarian operation in its grave," he said.

A World Health Organization spokesperson said in response to a journalist's question that no exceptions were being made for sick and injured patients.

aljazeera.png

Meanwhile, in the country directly and wholeheartedly supporting this...

Article:
US report on Israel’s wartime conduct in Gaza delayed, aides say
The State Department was expected to issue a report on Wednesday.

The Biden administration’s report on whether Israel has violated U.S. and international humanitarian law during the war in Gaza has been delayed and will no longer be released Wednesday as planned, three Senate aides and a House aide told POLITICO.

The State Department has been working for months on the report, which will issue a determination on whether Israel has violated international humanitarian law since the war in Gaza began. If so, the U.S. would be expected to stop sending Israel military assistance.

But the report won’t be finished by an initial Wednesday deadline, said the aides, granted anonymity to discuss internal communications. In an email, the Biden administration notified the Hill that it will miss the date — without providing a clear reason why.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Help my eyes won't stop rolling

Guess that’s part of why they “temporarily paused” bomb deliveries. Made them wait for ground shipping instead of Prime’ing it to them. Every day the media here is talking about “Washington doesn’t approve” or “Biden wants to see a plan”, and it would be laughable if so many lives weren’t at stake.

Leandros?

GW Elder
Guess that’s part of why they “temporarily paused” bomb deliveries. Made them wait for ground shipping instead of Prime’ing it to them. Every day the media here is talking about “Washington doesn’t approve” or “Biden wants to see a plan”, and it would be laughable if so many lives weren’t at stake.
They never paused, Biden just says that to distract people. It came out soon after that they would in fact continue shipments but only if they pinky promised not to use certain weapons in certain locations which I'm sure will be both adhered to and thoroughly checked

They never paused, Biden just says that to distract people. It came out soon after that they would in fact continue shipments but only if they pinky promised not to use certain weapons in certain locations which I'm sure will be both adhered to and thoroughly checked
Even if they do agree to those terms, it frees up non-American weapons for those areas

I wonder if we could afford healthcare if we stopped subsidizing a country halfway across the world.
You could afford healthcare if your political parties worked together to give it to you. America spends more on healthcare per capita than all other nations, and by almost 2x the second-highest nation.

Leandros?

GW Elder
A Dutch newspaper reader whose husband does riot cop duty at the student protests submitted a column asking the students getting their heads caved in if they ever consider the families of riot cops 💩

Back
Top Bottom