• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sony PS Plus Monthly Games - June '24

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
The announcement is a couple of days old but it's still technically on time posting-wise. :chuckle

Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for May: Red Dead Redemption 2, Deceive Inc., Crime Boss: Rockay City and more
All titles release May 21.

Witness the end of the Wild West era, become the world’s greatest secret agent, take on the role of a rising underworld star, brave an alien world, and much more with May’s PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup! Red Dead Redemption 2, Deceive Inc., Crime Boss: Rockay City, Stranded: Alien Dawn, and many more titles are available from May 21. We’re also announcing new classic titles coming to PlayStation Plus Premium.

Let’s take a closer look at each game.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
Red Dead Redemption 2* | PS4
Deceive Inc. | PS5
The Sims 4 City Living** | PS4
Crime Boss: Rockay City | PS5
The Settlers: New Allies | PS4
Stranded: Alien Dawn | PS4, PS5
Cat Quest | PS4
Cat Quest II | PS4
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame | PS4
Watch Dogs* | PS4

*PlayStation Plus re-release.
**Requires The Sims 4 to play. The Sims 4 is sold separately.

PlayStation Premium | Classics
2Xtreme | PS4, PS5
G-Police | PS4, PS5
Worms Pinball | PS4, PS5

A note for our PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members: as part of our normal content refresh, a selection of titles, such as Horizon Zero Dawn, will leave Game Catalog later this month. Members with Game Catalog benefits can still play these games until May 21. You can always check the ‘Last chance to play section’ on the PlayStation Plus -> Collections page on the PS5 console, or PlayStation Plus -> Games -> Games Catalog on the PS4 console for titles you might want to play before they leave the service.

Extraordinarily weak list, to be honest. Also it's kind of mind-blowing that they're taking a first-party title off of the service? :shrug

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also it's kind of mind-blowing that they're taking a first-party title off of the service? :shrug
It is - but there's rumours it's because they're dropping a remaster. Yeah, remaster of Horizon - much needed obviously.
:shake

All the Final Fantasy games are leaving too (aside from Remake), and some other titles. This month is the biggest hit to the catalog, possibly ever - both quality and quantity.

Raine

GW Elder
It is - but there's rumours it's because they're dropping a remaster. Yeah, remaster of Horizon - much needed obviously.
:shake
Pfft, of course. It was never just going to be The Last of Us getting dumb, ill-advised "remasters" I suppose.

You can easily have the GOTY edition for ~$10 so I don't think removing it from the catalog makes a damn bit of difference, Sony. :chuckle

All the Final Fantasy games are leaving too (aside from Remake), and some other titles.
Same thing happened with Game Pass; the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games were on there for like exactly one year, then got yanked. Which I suppose is understandable, to some extent, but... also kind of counterproductive to trying to grow the IP.

Can't imagine either Sony or Microsoft are keen to moneyhat Square to the standards they're used to after XVI and Rebirth both failed to meet expectations either, so who knows when/if they'll show up again. 👀

• Hmm

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
You can easily have the GOTY edition for ~$10 so I don't think removing it from the catalog makes a damn bit of difference, Sony. :chuckle
You underestimate how cheap and whiny a lot of Sony fanboys are. The amount of people crying that Order 1886 never came to plus for a long time was astounding, among many other similarily cheap and old titles but they refused to shell out the money to buy them when they're that cheap, kinda hilarious.

The plus model is great for me, but it's not exactly great for people who game a lot and/or have healthy gaming budgets.

...something like Horizon though? I can't imagine there's many people that haven't played it that really want to.
Can't imagine either Sony or Microsoft are keen to moneyhat Square to the standards they're used to after XVI and Rebirth both failed to meet expectations either, so who knows when/if they'll show up again. 👀
I'd imagine you're right but perhaps Square's "new strategy" will have something planned to try to recuperate, but I can't imagine what.

I'm sure the whole thing will have some implications for FF7R-3, although I'm not entirely surprised that both those FF titles underperformed.

Raine

GW Elder
unlimitedpowah.gif

PS Plus Monthly Games - June '24

playstation_plus_june24.jpg playstation_plus_june24-4.jpg
playstation_plus_june24-2.jpg playstation_plus_june24-3.jpg

Article:
PlayStation Plus Content Offerings

We’d like to share with you some fantastic news about the PlayStation Plus offerings available during the Days of Play celebration, which includes bonus Game Catalog titles, PS VR2 titles, new PS2 titles and more. Let’s take a look below.

Monthly Games for June
(Available for all PlayStation Plus members on June 4 as part of our regular monthly offering)

To start off, here’s the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup for June*.
  • SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake
  • AEW Fight Forever
  • Streets of Rage 4

Also, just wanted to give a quick reminder that EA Sports FC 24 (part of May’s Monthly Games lineup) will be available until June 18, so you still have time to redeem this title if you haven’t already done so.

On June 3, all PlayStation Plus members will also be able to download a Roblox Pack that includes an avatar for Felix Freezebeard the Yeti.

Bonus titles for Game Catalog, Classic Catalog, PS VR2 and a Game Trial
Here are the bonus titles we are releasing during the Days of Play celebration ahead of our normal release schedule, which include additions to the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog*, Classics Catalog*, PS VR2 bonus games and a Game Trial*. Don’t forget to check back later this month for our regular Game Catalog announcement to see the full June lineup. Enjoy!

PS VR2 games
(Available on June 6 for Premium members)
  • Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
  • Walkabout Mini Golf
  • Synth Riders
  • Before Your Eyes
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2

PS2 games
(Available in Classics Catalog on June 11 for Premium members)
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

PS4 and PS5 games
(Available in Game Catalog on the specified dates for Extra and Premium members)
  • Dredge | PS4, PS5 (available May 29)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 | PS4 (available May 31)
  • Cricket 24 | PS4, PS5 (available June 5)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition | PS4, PS5 (available June 7)

Game Trial
(Available on May 29 for Premium members)
  • WWE 2K24 | PS4, PS5

• Cheers!
Back
Top Bottom