• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sony PS Plus Monthly Games - June '24

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Right?! It can't be that dumb unintentionally, can it? ...There's only one way to find out! :rofl
Based on the 30 minutes I did play!?

It certainly cannot be ruled out.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

I get to do it twice to preserve series completion. The joy! :wallbash
Oh.. I'm so absolutely jealous of you. I'm perfectly fine with my 23% completion or whatever it is.

Have fun.
;)

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
This was me quite often with BioShock 2, for some reason. I handled the first game pretty well a couple years earlier, but 2 had me startled and panicky over the strangest, most innocuous things and I still don't really understand why.
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one.

I loved the first BioShock but I just couldn't force myself to finish the 2nd for some reason. It was just too much at times, even though I can't put my finger on anything they did too much differently than the first.

Maybe I just hate Ayn Rand so much that I powered through the first to see all the evidence of the failure of her philosophy.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I loved the first BioShock but I just couldn't force myself to finish the 2nd for some reason. It was just too much at times, even though I can't put my finger on anything they did too much differently than the first.
I finished it, and it was... okay I guess? Nothing to really write home about though some of the inbetween stuff was done well. One of the two DLCs was fantastic too, if memory serves.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the heebie jeebies were all about. We're playing as a big ol' behemoth too, so go figure y'know?

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also in retrospect the warning for SoP was obvious.

My wife who barely plays video games with me looks up and says "what're you playing that's using frank sinatra" to which I responded "final fantasy", and she's like "oh, that's weird."

My wife thought it was weird who has minimal knowledge of Final Fantasy.

This game is bad on purpose but it makes you want to play it in a dumb way.

:chuckle

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Because it's there and morbid curiosity. Like a beautiful moth drawn to a flame!

Was it fun(ny), at least? lol
I mean I laughed a few times and I played it - so probably but you gotta have pretty unique taste to enjoy something like this because at it's heart it's like if Nioh and Final Fantasy had a baby and the story is just like wtf what decade am I in.

Raine

GW Elder
I'm judging you so hard right now! :tease2 ...Nah I ain't got any room to tease, I ended up liking XV's Comrades multiplayer more than the actual XV game.

SoP absolutely has its fans, and by all accounts wasn't remotely what anybody thought it was going to be when it first got announced. For the better, it seems!

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
It probably helps that I'm playing it quite a bit after release so a lot of quirks have been.. adjusted.

It doesn't do any one thing great.

The combat system is strangely addicting but the loot system is absolutely horrid.

The story is like playing a Final Fantasy game in the 90s with all the emphasis on Crystals and the repetitiveness of CHAOS is hilarious.

It's got that right amount of FF nostalgia to appease the diehard FF fans, between the music and the enemies.

I ran into a room, grabbed a chest, turned around and there was a Tonberry. Being a true FF fan I immediately knew I was fucked but it was so satisfying.

I want to keep going.

whooooooooooooooo’s ready to play some mother fucking foamstars. this game looks so good and original and the character designs are amazahahahaha ok i can’t keep this up any more

anyway one of the free games this month is rollerdrome. you should play rollerdrome. it’s tony hawk on rollerskates with guns.

the other game is steelrising? it’s like a mech rpg or something? it might be good idk

Raine

GW Elder
This list speaks to me. 👀
Aside from the part where I already own most of it lol

Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for February: Need for Speed Unbound, The Outer Worlds, Tales of Arise, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and more

February’s Game Catalog lineup for PlayStation Plus brings together racing thrills, sci-fi adventure and a selection of entries from a classic RPG series. Take to the streets in Need for Speed Unbound, blast off into space in The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition, then experience some acclaimed RPG fantasy action in the Tales of… series. These and many more titles are playable from February 20. Let’s take a closer look at each game in turn.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
Need for Speed Unbound | PS5
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition | PS5
Tales of Arise | PS4, PS5
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla | PS4, PS5
LEGO Worlds | PS4
LEGO Jurassic World | PS4
Roguebook | PS4, PS5
Rogue Lords | PS4
Tales of Zestiria | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics
Resistance: Retribution | PS4, PS5
Jet Moto 2 | PS4, PS5
Tales of Symphonia | PS4, PS5
Tales of Vesperia | PS4, PS5

*PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup may differ in certain regions. Please check the PlayStation Store on launch day for your region’s lineup.

• This Is Fine

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Me: I'm not sure what to play before DD2.
Me: Buys FF Pixel Remasters

Sony: Hey here's the Tales games you've always wanted to try!
Sony: ...oh and Roguebook & Rogue Lords for good measure

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - March '24

psplus_march'24.png

Article:
PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for March: EA Sports F1 23, Sifu, Hello Neighbor 2, Destiny 2: Witch Queen

The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for March sees racing sim thrills in the shape of EA Sports F1 23, martial arts-powered face-offs with Sifu, a slice of stealth horror in Hello Neighbor 2 and sci-fi action with Destiny 2: Witch Queen.

All four will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday March 5 until Monday, April 1*.

Let’s take a closer look at each game.

EA Sports F1 23 | PS4, PS5
Be the last to brake in EA Sports F1 23, the official videogame of the 2023 FIA Formula One World Championship. A new chapter in the thrilling “Braking Point” story mode delivers high-speed drama and heated rivalries. Race wheel-to-wheel at new Las Vegas and Qatar circuits and earn rewards and upgrades in F1 World. New Red Flags add an authentic strategic element, and the 35% Race Distance feature delivers more action and excitement. Drive updated 2023 cars with the official F1 lineup of your favorite 20 drivers and 10 teams. Also, F2, the ultimate training ground for F1 is now updated with the latest 2023 Season content, including the new cars and driver lineups across the paddock. Create your dream team and race to win in My Team Career Mode, compete in split-screen or in the expanded cross-platform multiplayer, and be more social with new Racenet Leagues.

Sifu | PS4, PS5
Is one life enough to know Kung Fu? Sifu is a stylish yet gritty beat-em-up, featuring visceral hand-to-hand combat in a contemporary urban setting. From Sloclap, creators of acclaimed PS4 fighting game Absolver, Sifu follows a young kung fu student on a path of revenge, hunting for the murderers of his family. One against all, he has no allies and countless enemies. He will have to rely on his unique mastery of kung fu to prevail and preserve his family’s legacy.

Hello Neighbor 2 | PS4, PS5
Solve the mystery of missing kids in the rural town of Raven Brooks in this family-friendly stealth horror sequel. Hello Neighbor 2 invites you to a seemingly quiet town of Raven Brooks where everyone is hiding something. You are an investigative journalist looking to uncover the darkest secrets of your neighbors and solve the case of Mr.Peterson, infamous antagonist of Hello Neighbor. Sneak around, search for clues behind the mysteries and play against complex opponents controlled by advanced neural network AIs that learn from you and all other players – the whole town is your playground now!

Destiny 2: Witch Queen** | PS4, PS5
Delve into Savathûn’s Throne World to uncover the mystery of how she and her Lucent Hive stole the Light. Learn the secrets to crafting new weapons, the new Glaive, and survive the truth within her web of lies. A twisted wonderland of corruption and splendor, Savathûn’s Throne World plays host to a fragile balance of power. From her palace to the swamp, all that she hides can be found here. Create custom weaponry with unique mod, shader, and stat combinations. Master the new Glaive weapon type and unleash powerful melee combos, projectile attacks, and a deployable energy shield.

The Finals S.O Sleek Bundle, exclusive to PlayStation Plus members
PlayStation Plus members can access a unique cosmetic bundle in The Finals, includes two different sets of military themed outfits and weapon skins:
  • 2 Epic Outfits
  • 12 Epic Weapon skins

You’ll be able to find and download this bundle in addition to the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games line up on PlayStation Store. Download The Finals from PlayStation Store to access. Once downloaded, the bundle’s contents will be available in-game immediately, regardless of whether you’re a new or returning player.

Last chance to download February’s Monthly Games
Foamstars, Rollerdrome and Steelrising are available to add to PlayStation Plus members’ game library until Monday, March 4.

*PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup may differ in certain regions. Please check the PlayStation Store on launch day for your region’s lineup.

**Destiny 2 is required to play Destiny 2: Witch Queen. Destiny 2 is available for download at no extra cost on PlayStation Store.

Last edited:

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
People have been begging for Sifu for a LONG time so this is sure to be a hit month for many.

Not sure there's anything for me though.

Raine

GW Elder
Oh yeah... Video games are a thing still, huh? 👀

Edit: Bit of a weak month, which is probably evident by the disclaimer on DBZ Kakarot. :chuckle

Ace Attorny Trilogy is nice though, and I've always heard decent things about God Eater - it's a MonHun clone - though I've never really bothered to take it for a spin. Obviously Resident Evil 3 is Resident Evil 3, shame it apparently didn't get quite the loving treatment RE2 and RE4 got, but "free" is good!

Drop Neptunia (/Idea Factory/Compile Heart) into a fucking volcano already, kthx. :tease

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
psplus_march'24-2.png

Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for March: NBA 2K24, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Resident Evil 3, Mystic Pillars: Remastered and more

Basketball skills, horror chills, supernatural-infused superheroic thrills and more are on display and available to enjoy as part of March’s Game Catalog lineup for PlayStation Plus. Hit the court with NBA 2K24, escape a zombie-infested Racoon City in Resident Evil 3 or team up to take on the darker side of the Marvel Universe in Midnight Suns. These new releases on Game Catalog are rounded out with even more games, all available to play from Tuesday March 19.

Let’s take a closer look at each game in turn.

NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition | PS4, PS5
Marvel’s Midnight Suns | PS4, PS5
Resident Evil 3 | PS4, PS5
LEGO DC Supervillains | PS4
Mystic Pillars: Remastered | PS5
Blood Bowl 3 | PS4, PS5
Super Neptunia RPG | PS4
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot* | PS5
*The PS4 version of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is already available on PlayStation Plus Game Catalog.

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier | PS4, PS5
Cool Boarders | PS4, PS5
Gods Eater Burst | PS4, PS5
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy | PS4
JoJos Bizarre Adventure AllStar Battle R

We are happy to announce that, starting April 1st, My Hero Academia Season 1 will be available on Sony Pictures Core to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members. Additionally, we are pleased to share that select series from Crunchyroll will be available to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe via Sony Pictures Core in the following additional regions starting March 13th: Mexico, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France. PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members have access to a curated catalog of 100 movies to watch on demand from Sony Pictures Core and curated content from Crunchyroll will be included.**

**My Hero Academia is not currently available on Sony Pictures Core in Spain or Japan. Access requires a Sony Pictures Core app account, subject to Sony Pictures Core Terms of Service. Must be age 18+. Availability of content varies over time, region/country, format and plan. PlayStation Plus is subject to a recurring subscription fee taken automatically until cancellation. Terms apply.

• Cheers!

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Oh yeah... Video games are a thing still, huh? 👀

Edit: Bit of a weak month, which is probably evident by the disclaimer on DBZ Kakarot. :chuckle

Ace Attorny Trilogy is nice though, and I've always heard decent things about God Eater - it's a MonHun clone - though I've never really bothered to take it for a spin. Obviously Resident Evil 3 is Resident Evil 3, shame it apparently didn't get quite the loving treatment RE2 and RE4 got, but "free" is good!

Drop Neptunia (/Idea Factory/Compile Heart) into a fucking volcano already, kthx. :tease
I'm actually pretty happy it's a weak month since I'm still working through FFVI and then Dragon's Donna 2 comes out.

Plus my backlog is huge.

On the flipside, Midnight Suns has been pretty high on my watchlist for a while.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Okay now you saying this makes me feel justified in it being so high on my list.
I'm also a massive Marvel nerd and this is one of the rare times Magik appears in a non-comics medium. She's my favorite superhero not named Cyclops, and they portray her perfectly in this. Plus bonus points for Laura Bailey doing the voicework.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm also a massive Marvel nerd and this is one of the rare times Magik appears in a non-comics medium. She's my favorite superhero not named Cyclops, and they portray her perfectly in this. Plus bonus points for Laura Bailey doing the voicework.
I'm... familiar with Marvel and know of most characters, just not the ins and outs.

Tossing them into a tactical rpg seemed like a good way to pique my interest a bit more, good to hear there's some good voicework in there though.

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - April '24

psplus_april'24.png

Article:
PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for April: Immortals of Aveum, Minecraft Legends, Skul: The Hero Slayer

Blast magic, embark on a (blocky) fantasy adventure and free your demon brethren with April’s Monthly Games lineup for PlayStation Plus. Immortals of Aveum, Minecraft Legends, Skul: The Hero Slayer will be available to play for PlayStation Plus members* from Tuesday, April 2 until Monday May 6.

Let’s take a closer look at each game in turn.

Immortals of Aveum | PS5
This single-player first-person magic shooter tells the story of Jak as he joins an elite order of battlemages to save a world on the edge of an abyss. Magic is at the core of both your offense and defence. Experience fast, fluid, first-person spell-based combat. Unlock and upgrade more than 25 Spells and 80 Talents. Discover, upgrade and craft hundreds of pieces of magical gear, refine your playstyle across three forces of magic and become Aveum’s most powerful Triarch Magnus.

Minecraft Legends | PS4, PS5
Discover the mysteries of Minecraft Legends. In this action strategy game. Explore a gentle land of rich resources and lush biomes on the brink of destruction. The ravaging piglins have arrived, and it’s up to you to form alliances with new friends and familiar mobs, then lead the charge in epic battles against the fierce piglins to defend the Overworld. You can challenge your friends or team up in intense battles in online play for up to eight players, as you defend your village while leading your units to destroy your opponents’ settlements.

Skul: The Hero Slayer | PS4
An attack on the Demon King’s castle by a heroic band of adventurers has seen all but one of its denizens captured and imprisoned. Now, as a lowly skeleton Skul, you must save your demonic brethren. This 2D action platformer boasts rogue-like features, with an ever-changing map and a growing arsenal of abilities, each with its own unique attack range, speed and power. Equip two types at a time to fit your play style, and switch out during combat to find the best strategy to defeat your foes.

The Overwatch 2 Mega Bundle, exclusive to PlayStation Plus members
Don’t miss out on the free Legendary Beekeeper Sigma, Legendary Art Deco Symmetra, seven Epic Skins, and five Battle Pass Tier Skips. This bundle is available for a limited time for all PlayStation Plus members.

This pack includes:
  • Beekeeper Sigma Legendary Skin
  • Art Deco Symmetra Legendary Skin
  • Runner Sojourn Epic Skin
  • Punker Queen Junker Queen Epic Skin
  • Construction Ramattra Epic Skin
  • Matsuri Kiriko Epic Skin
  • Cassia Lifeweaver Epic Skin
  • Amethyst Illari Epic Skin
  • Rugby Mauga Epic Skin
  • 5x Battle Pass Tier Skips

You’ll be able to find and download this bundle in addition to the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games line up on PlayStation Store**. Download Overwatch 2 from the PlayStation Store to access. Once downloaded, the bundle’s contents will be available in-game immediately, regardless of whether you’re a new or returning player.

Last chance to download March’s Monthly Games
EA Sports F1 23, Sifu, Hello Neighbor 2 and Destiny 2: Witch Queen are available to add to PlayStation Plus members’ game library until Monday, Monday, April 1.

**Requires Overwatch 2. An internet connection and mobile phone number are required, and your account must be linked to your Battle.net Account to play Overwatch. Tier skips will not apply to any battle pass level beyond level 80 and will not unlock prestige tiers. Any excess tier skips you purchase past level 80 are banked and will be automatically redeemed at launch of the following season.

Last edited:
  • Cheers!

Raine

GW Elder
  • Chef’s Kiss

Raine

GW Elder
Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for April: Dave the Diver, Tales of Kenzera: Zau, The Crew 2 and more
Animal Well launches day 1 into PlayStation Plus Game Catalog on May 9.

Rely on your wits in Animal Well, slip into a wetsuit with Dave the Diver and journey through mystical 2.5D realms in Tales of Kenzera: Zau. All three games launch onto PlayStation as part of the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog. And there are even more games joining April’s Game Catalog lineup. Let’s take a closer look at each. Aside from Animal Well and Tales of Kenzera: Zau, all titles will be available on April 16.

Animal Well* | PS5 [May 9]
Tales of Kenzera: Zau* | PS5 [April 23]
Dave the Diver | PS4, PS5
Oddballers | PS4
Construction Simulator | PS4, PS5
The Crew 2 | PS4
Raji: An Ancient Epic | PS4, PS5
Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame | PS4
Nour: Play With Your Food | PS4, PS5
Deliver Us Mars | PS4, PS5
Lego Marvel’s Avengers | PS4
Miasma Chronicles | PS5
Stray Blade | PS5

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
MediEvil (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5

• Chef’s Kiss

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Well. Six games I'd like to try but not sure if I ever will.

In order:
Animal Well -> Tales of Kenzera -> Dave the Diver -> Stray Blade -> Raji -> Miasma Chronicles

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - May '24

psplus_may'24.png
Article:
May 7 kicks off a new, oversized PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup! From that day* PlayStation Plus members will have four new titles available to add to their game libraries. Match up against the world’s best on the pitch of EA Sports FC 24, master the art of platforming precision with Ghostrunner 2, embark on an unforgettable puzzle adventure in Tunic, and continue your fight against the Darkness in Destiny 2: Lightfall. All these will be available from May 7**.

Let’s take a closer look at each game.

EA Sports FC 24 Standard Edition | PS4, PS5
EA Sports FC 24 marks the beginning of the future of football. Built on innovation and authenticity, feel closer to the game in the most true-to-football experience yet with the best players from the biggest clubs, leagues, and competitions around the globe. Experience unparalleled realism in every match thanks to three cutting-edge technologies: HyperMotionV, PlayStyles optimized by Opta, and the enhanced Frostbite Engine. With more than 19,000 fully licensed players, 700 teams, and 30 leagues including the men’s and women’s UEFA Champions League, EA Sports FC 24 brings unrivalled authenticity to the pitch.

Ghostrunner 2 | PS5
Survive a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk future in this intense and immersive first-person experience, which builds on the fast-paced action of the original. As before, it’s a one-hit kill scenario: fight through enemies without taking damage yourself. But in this sequel, there are numerous combat improvements, non-linear levels with complex motorbike sections and exciting new modes. Your new skills allow you to be more creative and take on even the most demanding encounters with greater accessibility… however, your foes behave uniquely depending on the skills used on them, providing a fresh challenge with each encounter.

Tunic | PS4, PS5
Explore a hostile and intricately-connected world of shady forests, sprawling ruins, and labyrinthine catacombs in this stylish isometric adventure. Discover hidden treasures and secret techniques to help you on your way. Clash with colossal beasts and smaller enemies deep beneath the earth, high above the clouds and in places stranger still. All will test your knowledge of technical combat as you courageously dodge, block, parry and strike to conquer them. Collect the missing manual pages, bursting with hints and original full-color illustrations.

Destiny 2: Lightfall*** | PS4, PS5
This Destiny 2 expansion takes Guardians to Neptune to discover a neon metropolis unlike anything you’ve exploded in Destiny 2 before. Meet the Cloud Striders, join the fight against the Shadow Legion, and prevent devastation in the technologically advanced secret city of Neomuna. Arm yourself with new rewards and unlock new Dark powers with the new Strand subclass: flow through the city with newfound speed as you grapple from building to building. Every class can tap into this new element, but it’s up to you to create the perfect build.

The EA Sports FC 24 Ultimate Team Starter Pack
PlayStation Plus members can also kickstart their Football Ultimate Team experience or build up their existing squad with the PlayStation Plus Football Ultimate Team Starter Pack. This pack includes 11 untradeable players rated 82 or above, alongside one of football’s all-time greats as an ICON Loan Player Pick for seven games.

You’ll be able to find and download this bundle in addition to the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games line up on PlayStation Store. Download EA Sports FC 24 from PlayStation Store to access. Once downloaded, the bundle’s contents will be available in-game immediately.

Last chance to download April’s games
PlayStation members have until May 6 to add Immortals of Aveum, Minecraft Legends and Skul: The Hero Slayer to their game libraries.

**All four games will be available to PlayStation Plus members on May 7. Ghostrunner 2, Tunic and Destiny 2: Lightfall are available until June 3, and EA Sports FC 24 until June 17.
***Destiny 2 is required to play Destiny 2: Lightfall. Destiny 2 is available for download at no extra cost on PlayStation Store.

Last edited:
  • Chef’s Kiss
Back
Top Bottom