• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sony PS Plus Monthly Games - June '24

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - June '24

playstation_plus_june24.jpg playstation_plus_june24-4.jpg
playstation_plus_june24-3.jpg playstation_plus_june24-2.jpg

Article:
PlayStation Plus Content Offerings

We’d like to share with you some fantastic news about the PlayStation Plus offerings available during the Days of Play celebration, which includes bonus Game Catalog titles, PS VR2 titles, new PS2 titles and more. Let’s take a look below.

Monthly Games for June
(Available for all PlayStation Plus members on June 4 as part of our regular monthly offering)

To start off, here’s the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup for June*.
  • SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake
  • AEW Fight Forever
  • Streets of Rage 4

Also, just wanted to give a quick reminder that EA Sports FC 24 (part of May’s Monthly Games lineup) will be available until June 18, so you still have time to redeem this title if you haven’t already done so.

On June 3, all PlayStation Plus members will also be able to download a Roblox Pack that includes an avatar for Felix Freezebeard the Yeti.

Bonus titles for Game Catalog, Classic Catalog, PS VR2 and a Game Trial
Here are the bonus titles we are releasing during the Days of Play celebration ahead of our normal release schedule, which include additions to the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog*, Classics Catalog*, PS VR2 bonus games and a Game Trial*. Don’t forget to check back later this month for our regular Game Catalog announcement to see the full June lineup. Enjoy!

PS VR2 games
(Available on June 6 for Premium members)
  • Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
  • Walkabout Mini Golf
  • Synth Riders
  • Before Your Eyes
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2

PS2 games
(Available in Classics Catalog on June 11 for Premium members)
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

PS4 and PS5 games
(Available in Game Catalog on the specified dates for Extra and Premium members)
  • Dredge | PS4, PS5 (available May 29)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 | PS4 (available May 31)
  • Cricket 24 | PS4, PS5 (available June 5)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition | PS4, PS5 (available June 7)

Game Trial
(Available on May 29 for Premium members)
  • WWE 2K24 | PS4, PS5

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
PlayStation Plus Price Increase; Monthly Games for September '23

playstation_plus_sep23.jpg

Article:
Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

Will throw this in here too:

Last edited:
I haven't seen an official source for the Canadian price, but people are calculating it as close to $110 just for essential. I was able to get some good deals on my current subscription, but I think I'm going to not re-subscribe for a while once it runs out in March. The price is completely insane, and although I know I'll re-subscribe at some point, it's just too expensive to keep an active subscription.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
At times like this I'm glad I stacked until 2025.

But fuck Sony. This prive is ridiculous.

Like Spiner, I have to deal with Canadian prices.

Really wish I knew about the PS Now price conversion but I guess that was impossible to know.

Raine

GW Elder
This was regretfully another thing Sony and Microsoft were playing footsie with. Microsoft took the optics hit here as well going first, but god fucking damn is this Sony increase a lot. In ‘Murrica dollahs, RIP you Canadialand folk.

And… for what, exactly? That’s the real sticking point on both fronts.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
This was regretfully another thing Sony and Microsoft were playing footsie with. Microsoft took the optics hit here as well going first, but god fucking damn is this Sony increase a lot. In ‘Murrica dollahs, RIP you Canadialand folk.

And… for what, exactly? That’s the real sticking point on both fronts.

The worst part is how they repackage titles on Sony, and I’m curious if Microsoft does it as well. Specifically, I’m referring to the practice I outlined about Assasin’s Creed Valhalla, where they offered the base game as a GotM, gave a month or so beyond the promotion, locked it in the library and left it sit locked, and then repackaged a complete edition back up to the $30 price tag while leaving the base game locked. What’s the point of the subscription for those monthly games is they can circumvent it to restrict access and attempt to double dip by charging membership for access and then charging for the games offered through the membership after they lock? That one instance alone soured the premium subscription concept to me, because Valhalla wasn’t even that good of a game to warrant that kinda fuckery.

Raine

GW Elder
The worst part is how they repackage titles on Sony, and I’m curious if Microsoft does it as well. Specifically, I’m referring to the practice I outlined about Assasin’s Creed Valhalla, where they offered the base game as a GotM, gave a month or so beyond the promotion, locked it in the library and left it sit locked, and then repackaged a complete edition back up to the $30 price tag while leaving the base game locked. What’s the point of the subscription for those monthly games is they can circumvent it to restrict access and attempt to double dip by charging membership for access and then charging for the games offered through the membership after they lock? That one instance alone soured the premium subscription concept to me, because Valhalla wasn’t even that good of a game to warrant that kinda fuckery.
I can't think of anything that blatant on the Xbox ecosystem, no. It's a bit more straightforward in that the stuff they (used to) "give away" would be tied to your account, and you could use that either 1) forever (Xbox 360 games) or 2) any time you were actively subscribed to XBL Gold/Game Pass. There was never any rug pulling with swapping out SKUs to try and force you to (re)buy, or coerce you into purchasing DLC or anything like that. Even if a particular version of a game was delisted, you still owned and could play that - you just wouldn't have access to the GOTY/Complete edition or whatever.

I'm not sure it's an entirely fair comparison since Microsoft is willing to bleed billions to secure a continued foothold, but, yeah. In both cases online play 100% must be decoupled from these ridiculous prices. All this is going to do is push people even harder towards PC gaming.

...Which is probably better for everyone in the long run, but definitely not what Sony or Microsoft want. :chuckle

Raine

GW Elder
So like I said, I don't really follow PlayStation that closely. New post though for things arriving this month:

Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for September: NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

A new month means a fresh selection of games joining the PlayStation Game Catalog. All the titles will be playable from Tuesday, September 19. Let’s dive in.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… | PS4
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim | PS4
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI | PS4
Star Ocean The Divine Force | PS4, PS5
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 | PS4, PS5
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir | PS4
Unpacking | PS4, PS5
Planet Coaster: Console Edition | PS4, PS5
This War of Mine: Final Cut | PS5
Cloudpunk | PS4, PS5
Contra: Rogue Corps | PS4
Tails Noir | PS4, PS5
Call of the Sea | PS4, PS5
West of Dead | PS4
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness | PS4
PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics
Star Ocean First Departure R | PS4
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time | PS4
Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & FHD Remaster | PS4
Dragon’s Crown Pro | PS4

Lots of real good shit there. I vastly prefer Papa Nier (PS3/360 only) to Brother Nier, but definitely check out Replicant at some point. People swear by 13 Sentinels enough that I picked up a physical copy, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Star Ocean 6 (Divine Force) is a legitimately decent game, and by far the best entry in the series since either SO3 or even SO2 depending on taste. Didn't care much for Odin Sphere back on the PS2, but, it's not horrible.

SO4 (Last Hope) is trash, only played an hour of SO5 (Integrity & Faithlessness) but the camera irked me. :chuckle

Raine

GW Elder
this is the one I care about 😩
I feel your pain. :hugs

OH SHIT YOU DON'T KNOW?! Man I wish I had a bookmark for the funny meme comic handy.

So like, in Square's infinite wisdom - this was back when they were all like "we must make western games for western audiences" that resulted in the fever dreams that are, amongst others, Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant - they decided that the stealth sequel to Drakengard should have an entirely different protagonist for Japanese and western audiences. Enter "NieR Gestalt" and "NieR Replicant."

NieR Replicant was the PS3 version of the game, which hilariously ended up being Japan-exclusive, and had a teenage protagonist looking after his little sister and making some friends along the way. Very, y'know, basic anime/JRPG bullshit. Some sexual tension and all that.

NieR Gestalt, however, was the X360 version - and the only version non-Japanese players got on both consoles. In this version, the protagonist is an old, grizzled, "I literally don't have time for your shit I'm just going to smash your face in" father doing his best to protect his daughter - and, over time, some pseudo-adopted teens - in a supremely fucked up and hostile world.

The relationships between characters and how story beats play out are entirely different depending on which protagonist you've got. Replicant 1.22yaddayadda, then, is a remake of the old Japanese PS3 version. Young protagonist, entirely redone combat, all that jazz. And so...

Papa Nier > Brother Nier. :)

replicant-gestalt-nier.jpg

How are the Star Ocean games?

I've never played them and always been curious.
I quite like them. Ever played one of Namco's "Tales of" games? 'Cause they're basically siblings.

Star Ocean is always a space-faring adventurer that gets stranded on the planet of an underdeveloped civilization. Which is to say it's always Medieval Europe. :chuckle Some games you escape the planet and at least loosely explore another or two, other times you're functionally on that world and "everything else" can be generously called a dungeon.

They're 3D brawler-type RPGs, functionally. No waiting/ATB, you can usually dodge or block in some capacity, it's all about creating openings and spamming powerful attacks. Each game has unique gimmicks that may or may not mesh well.

For my money, 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > (5 >) 4.
Second Story > Til the End of Time > The Divine Force > First Departure > (Integrity & Faithlessness >) The Last Hope.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I quite like them. Ever played one of Namco's "Tales of" games? 'Cause they're basically siblings.

Star Ocean is always a space-faring adventurer that gets stranded on the planet of an underdeveloped civilization. Which is to say it's always Medieval Europe. :chuckle Some games you escape the planet and at least loosely explore another or two, other times you're functionally on that world and "everything else" can be generously called a dungeon.

They're 3D brawler-type RPGs, functionally. No waiting/ATB, you can usually dodge or block in some capacity, it's all about creating openings and spamming powerful attacks. Each game has unique gimmicks that may or may not mesh well.

For my money, 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > (5 >) 4.
Second Story > Til the End of Time > The Divine Force > First Departure > (Integrity & Faithlessness >) The Last Hope.
They sound right up my alley. RPGs are my thing for sure.

I've never played any of the "Tales of" games either.

I did a quick google search, 2 seems to be quite old (like 25 years old). Have you looked at it recently? How does it hold up over time?

I'm still slowly working my way through Sea of Stars but I'll need another game after that.

I was hoping for an RPG and SO might check that box from the sounds of it.

Are the stories all connected or independent of eachother?

Raine

GW Elder
I've never played any of the "Tales of" games either.
Tales of Vesperia is the best in most categories - but if it's your first, also makes other really enjoyable ones (Abyss, Symphonia) harder to get through. The recent Tales of Symphonia port was badly and cheaply done, but at its core it's still a good game. For potentially future reference! :chuckle

I did a quick google search, 2 seems to be quite old (like 25 years old). Have you looked at it recently? How does it hold up over time?
I would say that SO2 holds up very nicely, and easily secures a slot in the PS1's "timeless" pantheon. However, it's also actually getting a remake later this year (in addition to having prior remasters/ports on Vita and PS4). YMMV on the artstyle there - I'm still not sure if I like it myself lol - but, unless they mess up, that may even be the definitive version.

SO3 is a PS2 game and probably holds up the worst of the lot, aesthetically. At the time it was controversial because of it splitting abilities into "short" and "long" range, and... there's a certain story spoiler that most fans misunderstand and so absolutely loathe.

SO4 was X360/PS3, SO5 was PS4, SO6 was PS4/PS5/Xbone/Series - so those are all "recent."

Are the stories all connected or independent of eachother?
They all take place within the same universe and what happens on a macro level can play a factor, but all stories are self-contained and you don't really need to know anything about the other games to fully enjoy and understand.

You can sort of think of it like Final Fantasy, in some regards. Like there will (almost) always be a "Kenny" character, and they're always related to every other "Kenny" in the other games - but that's essentially an intergalactic dynasty, and they're several generations removed from one another.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Okay yeah SO sounds interesting. I'll add it to the never ending backlog of games that I just can't keep up with.

I like the individual stories. I'll take a peek at this when they come out on the catalog.

Thanks!

Raine

GW Elder

This should really go somewhere else, but we were discussing the series here so fuck it. :chuckle

I FUCKING CANNOT STAND STAGGER MECHANICS. It has surpassed weapon durability as the thing I loathe most in all of gaming (thanks for the assist, Armored Core VI!). ...But it'll probably be alright here.

Surprising number of changes, still not really sold on the visuals, but looks good nonetheless!

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - October '23

psplus_october'23.png

Article:
A new month means a new PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup. October’s titles of The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22 and Weird West will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday, October 3 until Monday November 6. Let’s take a closer look at each game.

The Callisto Protocol | PS5, PS4
In this narrative-driven, third-person survival horror set 300 years in the future, take on the role of Jacob Lee – a victim of fate thrown into Black Iron Prison, a maximum-security penitentiary located on Jupiter’s moon, Callisto. When inmates begin to transform into monstrous creatures, the prison is thrown into chaos. To survive, Jacob must battle his way to safety to escape Black Iron Prison, while uncovering the dark and disturbing secrets buried beneath the surface of Callisto. Using a unique blend of shooting and close-quarters combat, Jacob will need to adapt his tactics to combat the rapidly evolving creatures while scavenging to unlock new weapons, gear, and abilities to outrun the growing threat and escape the horrors of Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

Farming Simulator 22 | PS5, PS4
Take on the role of a modern farmer and creatively build your farm in three diverse American and European environments. Farming Simulator 22 offers a huge variety of farming operations focusing on agriculture, animal husbandry and forestry – now with the exciting addition of seasonal cycles!

More than 400 machines and tools from over 100 real agricultural brands like John Deere, CLAAS, Case IH, New Holland, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and many more are included to sow and harvest crops like wheat, corn, potatoes and cotton. New machine categories and crops add new gameplay mechanics to the experience. Run your farm cooperatively in multiplayer and extend the game by a multitude of free community-created modifications. Farming Simulator 22 offers more player freedom than ever before and challenges you to become a successful farmer – so start farming and let the good times grow!

Weird West | PS5, PS4
Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives in this isometric action RPG. The game supports different styles of play in a simulated sandbox world where characters, factions, and even places react to a player’s decisions, and players are faced with brutal choices and consequences that can’t be undone – including death. Discover the world through origin stories of different characters, moving from one character’s journey to the next until all converge in a final chapter.

Last chance to download September’s Monthly Games
PlayStation Plus members have until October 2 to add Saints Row, Black Desert – Traveler Edition and Generation Zero to their game library.

Last edited:

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Callisto Protocol and Weird West are both games I would try but let's be real - I'm over one month on Sea of Stars, it'll never happen.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
for some dumb reason I’m so intrigued by farming simulator.

I’ve got a backlog though and limited time. Almost done with ff7 remake and gearing up for sea of stars.

Raine

GW Elder
Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for October: Gotham Knights, Disco Elysium: The Final Cut, The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
Also included are Alien: Isolation, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Outlast 2, and more.

Action-packed thrills and spooky chills await this month’s selection of games joining the PlayStation Game Catalog. All titles playable from Tuesday, October 17. Let’s get into it.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog*
Gotham Knights | PS5
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut | PS4, PS5
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes | PS4, PS5
Alien: Isolation | PS4
Dead Island Definitive Edition | PS4
Outlast 2 | PS4
Elite Dangerous | PS4
FAR: Changing Tides | PS4, PS5
Gungrave G.O.R.E.
Eldest Souls | PS4, PS5
Röki | PS4, PS5
*All PlayStation 5 game versions are download only.

Tekken 6 | PS4, PS5
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny | PS4, PS5
Ape Escape Academy | PS4, PS5
IQ Final | PS4, PS5

Gotham Knights is one of those classic games that is almost certainly not worth the asking price, but would be great to play on PS+. Not sure I'll get to it with the current list of games I have to play, but we'll see.

Also, Dead Island is super fun. I definitely recommend it (unless you are going for the trophies, in which case, I'll let you know of the perils ahead). Kinda surprised only the first one is on here and not Riptide as well, but I'm sure it's coming.

Raine

GW Elder
Managed to snag a copy of Gotham Knights from BestBuy for like $10 a couple weeks ago. I'm sure I'll never care enough to play through it, haven't even looked at touching Arkham Knight yet, but I figured for that price I may as well.

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - November '23

psplus_november'23.png

Article:
A new month means a new PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup. November’s titles of Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball: The Breakers and Aliens Fireteam Elite will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday, November 7 until Monday December 4.

Additionally, we recently launched Sony Pictures Core on PS5 and PS4 consoles giving players access to a wide range of recent and classic films from Sony Pictures, and today, we’re pleased to share new upcoming benefits for PlayStation Plus members. Read on below.

Let’s take a closer look at each game.

Mafia II: Definitive Edition | PS4
For the first-time ever experience the Mafia II crime drama all in one package, remastered and presented in stunning HD detail. Live the life of a gangster during the Golden-era of organized crime. War hero Vito Scaletta becomes entangled with the mob in hopes of paying his father’s debts in Post-World War 2 Empire Bay, NY, a city sprawling with opportunity and where organized crime thrives on the booming industries of post-war America. Alongside his buddy Joe, Vito works to prove himself, climbing the family ladder with crimes of larger reward, status and consequence.

Dragon Ball: The Breakers | PS4
In this online asymmetrical action game, a team of 7 ordinary citizens tries to survive the Raider (a classic Dragon Ball rival such as Cell, Frieza, and Buu), who will hunt them down and evolve during the game into an unstoppable force. Escaping won’t be so easy: cooperate with others while there is still time, but the Raider or other Survivors’ decisions might force you to go at it alone. As a Raider, you will enjoy overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out Survivors. Master each Raider’s unique abilities to track, catch your victims to evolve, and become even more powerful! Whether you’re a Raider or a Survivor, choose your progression path and unlock skills, skins, and items to fine-tune your own personal strategy to escape as a Survivor or triumph as a Raider.

Aliens Fireteam Elite | PS4, PS5
Discover what hides in the ruins and caves beneath in this third-person survival shooter set in the Aliens universe. Play with up to two players or AI as you battle through four campaigns to explore the mystery of a new planet, LV-895. Build your Marine the way you want. Level up in each of six unique classes or be a master of one. Choose your weapon – everything from magnums and SMGs to rocket launchers – and use over 130 unique perks to create the build of your choice. Build your fireteam focusing on class composition, consumables, and weapons to take down Xenomorphs, beat Challenge Card runs, or play various game modes with friends. Blast through hordes of Xenomorphs, evade deadly Prowlers and Spitters, and set up defensive positions to stay alive long enough to get your fireteam to safety.

Last chance to download October’s Monthly Games
PlayStation Plus members have until Monday November 6 to add The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22 and Weird West to their game library.

Sony Pictures Core benefit for PlayStation Plus members
We’re pleased to see strong engagement for Sony Pictures Core since launching earlier this month on PS5 and PS4 consoles. Sony Pictures Core provides access for players to buy or rent up to 2,000 movies* straight from their console, and as a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get additional benefits. Starting on November 1 as part of our launch promotion PlayStation Plus members will receive a 15% discount on all content available for purchase and rental in Sony Pictures Core during the month of November.

Lastly, we hope you caught the premiere of the new mind-bending interactive streaming series Silent Hill: Ascension which made its debut yesterday. In addition to the interactive series, a weekly compilation of audience-influenced storylines will be packaged into TV episodes, and PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have exclusive access to all weekly compilation episodes 24-hours before they debut on other platforms. PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members can catch the first one early on November 8 at noon PST local time, before its wide release on November 9.**

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
Mehhh. I can't remember the last time I even bothered to play a monthly PS+ game. Is anybody into any of these?
The DragonBall game sounds like a hilarious premise for a game, but I can't say I know anything about it. And of course quality on licensed anime games is a crapshoot at best, to begin with...

People have always spoken pretty fondly of the Mafia games, if that's in a genre you're normally interested in. Definitely can't speak to the quality of the Definitive Edition, but it surely can't be worse than whatever RockStar did with the GTA Trilogy some years back. 👀

But yeah generally I'm of the same mindset. I don't think I've downloaded a single one of the free games they do for Xbox over the ~10 years I've had Gold, nor partook of any of the PlayStation ones for the ~3 years I did absolutely nothing with Plus, et al.

Mehhh. I can't remember the last time I even bothered to play a monthly PS+ game. Is anybody into any of these?
Honestly, they've rarely been good. I had PS+ when the PS4 first dropped and most of the games were disappointing even back then.

At best, you will occasionally get a great game that has been out for so many years that almost everyone has already played it.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

They have sucked ass for the last several months, dude. It seemed like a few months before the membership tier changes the monthly game selections tanked and never really improved. The last worthwhile game I remember seeing on there was probably Stray.

Cam

Slightly Insane
I always make a point to add these free PlayStation Plus games to my library, but I don't think I've played any of them in quite a while. These game lineups lately have been disappointing. At the end of the day, I guess PlayStation Plus serves its purpose, just being able to play online.

Raine

GW Elder
Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for November: Teardown, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Superliminal and more
Teardown out today, November 15, all other titles available from November 21.

November’s PlayStation Game Catalog lineup brings with it vehicular mayhem, chaos, fantastical adventure and more. This month’s picks are headlined by Teardown, the demolition heist adventure that launches day one onto PlayStation Plus for Extra and Premium members. You can read more about the game here. That will be playable from today Wednesday November 15, with all other titles will be available Tuesday, November 21. Let’s take a closer look at those in turn.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
Teardown | PS5
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen | PS4
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On | PS4
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition | PS4
Superliminal | PS4, PS5
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising | PS4, PS5
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi | PS4
Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz | PS4
River City Melee Mach!! | PS4

Grandia | PS4, PS5
Jet Moto | PS4, PS5
Up | PS4, PS5
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series | PS4/PS5
PaRappa the Rapper 2 | PS4

Grandia is a great little RPG, and y'all should definitely give it a whirl if you haven't already. Dragon's Dogma is basically perpetually on sale on the Xbox side at least, so getting that "free" probably isn't a big deal - but people swear it's a great game nevertheless. Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is something you'll want to play through if you're looking forward to next year's Hundred Heroes but have somehow also not bought and/or played.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm one of those who's absolutely obsessed with Dragon's Dogma that I may as wel be the leader of said cult following.

If you're at all interested in trying the 2nd one, the 1st will give you a glimpse of what to expect (but expect some 2012 style jank).

Rest of the lineup is.. meh (for me).

I'm one of those who's absolutely obsessed with Dragon's Dogma
What is it that you like so much? I suspect I'm missing out on the crazy combat where you climb around on stuff that makes this game so popular (since I play a mage).

The changes for the next one sound interesting, like how having high ground will be helpful in combat, and it's easier to knock people down on slopes, and it's harder to run up inclines. I hope there's not quite so much walking in it, though.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
What is it that you like so much? I suspect I'm missing out on the crazy combat where you climb around on stuff that makes this game so popular (since I play a mage).
The combat was a big one.
I played strider/ranger, my pawn was a mage.

I actually loved the exploration, the pawn system, the enemies, and the game has one of the best expansions I've seen with Bitterblack Isle and adds a virtually endless gameplay loop.

I was also a big part of online DD communities which likely helped where you'd help boost and train other pawns, make trades, donate things, gift currency, and more.

There's no direct online play but it was pretty fun. My pawn was actually top 10 globally on the leaderboard too.

The sequel is going to be a Day 1 buy for me.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I think there aren't many active players anymore (although maybe that'll change with it being free this month), but that does sound fun. The pawn system is clever, for sure.
It was a blast - but the community is a shell of itself. It's hayday was in the PS3 days.

A lot of PS3 players were upset there was no way to transfer to the PS4 version and it caused a lot of us to bail, myself included.

Raine

GW Elder
PS Plus Monthly Games - December '23

psplus_december'23.png

Article:
PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for December: Lego 2K Drive, Powerwash Simulator, Sable

A new month means a new PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup. December’s titles of Lego 2K Drive, Powerwash Simulator and Sable will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday, December 5 until Monday, January 1. Let’s take a closer look at each game.

Lego 2K Drive | PS4, PS5
Welcome to Bricklandia, home of a massive open-world Lego driving adventure. Race anywhere, play with anyone, build your dream rides, and defeat a cast of wild racing rivals for the coveted Sky Trophy! Race across the streets, seas and sands as you build your dream rides, brick by brick, and enjoy Lego 2K Drive’s sprawling story mode. Play together with a friend at home or with up to five pals online in the crossplay-enabled Play With Friends and Play With Everyone online modes. Explore Bricklandia together, or show off your skills in Cup Series and Race modes. From mini-games to side missions, a whole host of vehicle-filled fun awaits you.

Powerwash Simulator | PS4, PS5
Grab your trusty power washer and blast away the grime from vehicles, buildings, parks and more. PowerWash Simulator is a satisfying clean ’em up where the stress is low and the water pressure is high. Use your earnings as a professional power washer to upgrade your collection of washers, nozzles, cleaning fluids and extensions, allowing you to tackle bigger jobs and leave them sparkling clean with greater efficiency. Leave your mark on the dirt-covered town of Muckingham alone, or chill out with friends in online co-op. Most importantly, make sure you have good, clean fun.

Sable | PS5
Embark on a unique and unforgettable journey and guide Sable through her Gliding; a rite of passage that will take her across vast deserts and mesmerizing landscapes, capped by the remains of spaceships and ancient wonders.

Explore the dunes on your hoverbike, scale monumental ruins and encounter other nomads as you unearth mysteries long forgotten and discover who she really is behind her mask. With its unique art style and original soundtrack by Japanese Breakfast, envelop yourself in Sable’s world and explore everything at your own pace. There is a lot in this world just waiting to be discovered.

Last chance to download November’s Monthly Games
PlayStation Plus members have until December 4 to add Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball: The Breakers and Aliens Fireteam Elite to their game library.

PlayStation Plus Spotify Playlist
Also, check out our PlayStation Plus monthly games-inspired playlist on Spotify, which will be refreshed with new songs every month.

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
Yeah I was gonna say, this selection isn't going to help recent talk about how dreadful offerings have been. Like Powerwash Simulator was a hot meme thing for a couple days/weeks... back in the summer. If anyone cared to try it out, surely they've done so by now? 🤔

Sable might be interesting if that's your jam, but... I don't think, at face value, it would be mine sadly. Indie artsy games with low levels of action is universally "I'm going to fall asleep" with me. 😓

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm just waiting to see what 2024 brings.

A lot of people are heated about the price increase and these games, but the reality is that these games are negotiated months and months in advance.

2024 is when it'll start to show.

Sony also has a tendency to start the year strong and then taper off.

My guess? They aren't great at budget management for the Plus games and blow too much money at certain months, leaving other months to suffer.

I'm guessing that's the biggest reason for the price increase.

People compare it to Gamepass and naturally so, but what most people don't realize is that the model is objectively failing as a business - despite being currently great for the consumer.

The bigger difference is Microsoft has the money to afford the loss, at least to start.

Raine

GW Elder
Article:
PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for December: Grand Theft Auto V, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, Metal: Hellsinger and more
All titles playable from December 19.

A new month heralds even more titles joining the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog. December’s lineup is playable from Tuesday, December 19, headlined by Grand Theft Auto V, letting even more players travel to Los Santos to experience the exhilarating single player story campaign, then craft their own career on the city streets and beyond in the vast multiplayer world of GTA Online. GTAV’s arrival into the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog nicely lines up with the game’s newly launched update, GTA Online: The Chop Shop, which introduces a new Salvage Yard business, Drift Races, and more.

Let’s take a closer look at each game in turn.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
Grand Theft Auto V | PS4, PS5
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | PS4, PS5
Moto GP23 | PS4, PS5
Metal: Hellsinger* | PS4, PS5
Salt and Sacrifice | PS4, PS5
Moonscars | PS4, PS5
Mega Man 11 | PS4
Gigabash | PS4, PS5
Grime | PS4, PS5
Tinykin | PS4, PS5
Prodeus | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
Thrillville | PS4, PS5
Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Plus Season of Play
And remember, running from now through January 5, 2024, we’re celebrating the holiday season with a month full of activities for our PlayStation community. As part of the PlayStation Plus Season of Play, PlayStation Plus members can redeem free avatars for PS5 and PS4 consoles, join eSports tournaments, earn points on PlayStation Stars, save on PlayStation Gear merchandise, and enter a competition for your chance to win amazing prizes. Activities for those who are not PlayStation Plus members are available as well. Find out more here.

• Cheers!

Raine

GW Elder
There's some good eating there, to be sure.

Surprised to see Mega Man. Gimmie a new game, Capcom!

Been hearing good stuff about some Shadowrun or another for damn near 20 years now. No idea if it's this one/these ones or not, though.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Surprised to see Mega Man. Gimmie a new game, Capcom!

Been hearing good stuff about some Shadowrun or another for damn near 20 years now. No idea if it's this one/these ones or not, though.
...I've never played a Mega Man game. Now may be the time.

Haven't played Shadowrun since SNES, loved it, and may look at these.

Then there's everything else.

Raine

GW Elder
...I've never played a Mega Man game. Now may be the time.
One step closer to then trying out an MMX game, and from there - Legends! I need Legends 3 in my veins over here Capcom, what is you doin'?!

I'm floored y'all didn't experience this series before, though!

As you all may know already, if you value your sanity, don't play the Mega Man Legacy Collection :chuckle
What could possibly go wrong then? ;)

I will say that I'm pretty sure I didn't manage to beat any of the NES games during childhood - though I also only owned MM3 (and at some point after the SNES launched wound up with a sealed CiB MM6 for some reason?) so MM2/4 were brief rentals - but, really, the music alone was worth it!

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I will say that I'm pretty sure I didn't manage to beat any of the NES games during childhood - though I also only owned MM3 (and at some point after the SNES launched wound up with a sealed CiB MM6 for some reason?) so MM2/4 were brief rentals - but, really, the music alone was worth it!
I know I beat MM6, but I also had game genie
video games game genie GIF

Back
Top Bottom