NBA Discussion Thread

Cam

Slightly Insane
Ugh, seeing this thread made me check the current NBA standings, and as a Blazer fan, I'm glad I haven't been watching basketball this season. At least the Warriors are also sucking.

Blazers will be tanking for the next couple years at least, and that's assuming Scoot works out.

nah nz is more expensive than australia and has nicer things

you're trying to say australia is better than nz, and it easily is imo - and yet you've somehow fucked it up anyway
Actually, I was saying your comment is like the off-brand appreciation that Vash was looking for from tubby and then I replaced your names with your respective countries.

Having not been to either, I was under the impression that New Zealand was nicer than Australia… prettier and with less deadly animals

Actually, I was saying your comment is like the off-brand appreciation that Vash was looking for from tubby and then I replaced your names with your respective countries.

Having not been to either, I was under the impression that New Zealand was nicer than Australia… prettier and with less deadly animals
ah understood i see what you mean, thanks for the clarity

yes that's correct. it's definitely much nicer to visit, but it's way more expensive to live here and you make less money too.

Cam

Slightly Insane
What did you guys think of the Pacers trading for Siakam? Gave up so much for what could potentially be a rental... Hopefully they get an extension done.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What did you guys think of the Pacers trading for Siakam? Gave up so much for what could potentially be a rental... Hopefully they get an extension done.
I was personally shocked especially after the reports came out that he was  adamant about testing free agency and not negotiating a long term deal with any trade partner.

Indy has a good shot at going deep this year though. I guess they feel like a deep playoff run might change his mind.

Cam

Slightly Insane
I was personally shocked especially after the reports came out that he was  adamant about testing free agency and not negotiating a long term deal with any trade partner.

Indy has a good shot at going deep this year though. I guess they feel like a deep playoff run might change his mind.

Yeah, but three firsts... I figured one first, max. Toronto waited forever to trade this guy (like they did with OG too) and somehow still made out like a bandit.

Lets Go Applause GIF by NBA

EAST:
1v8: Game 2 for Celtics/Heat is tonight. Stupidly at the same time as the Bruins take on the Leafs in Game 3 up in Toronto...that sucks. Celtics are looking to take a 2-0 lead after dominating Game 1.

2v7: Knicks are up 2-0 on the 76ers with Game 2 being much closer than Game 1. Game 3 is tomorrow night in Philly.

3v6: Bucks and Pacers have split 1-1 so far, with Game 3 coming to us on Friday

4v5: Cavs are up 2-0 on the Magic in what has been a low scoring series so far (not a single 100 point game). Game 3 is tomorrow night.

WEST
1v8
: The Thunder and Pelicans have Game 2 tonight, with Game 1 being incredibly close for a 1v8 matchup (2 point victory).

2v7: Nuggets lead the Lakers 2-0 after an epic comeback in Game 2. Game 3 is tomorrow.

3v6: Timberwolves lead the Suns 2-0 with two relatively easy games so far. Game 3 is Friday.

4v5: Clippers and Mavs are tied 1-1 in the series so far. Game 3 is Friday.

Cam

Slightly Insane
A lot of great games going on. Lakers losing to Nuggets in Game 2 was absolutely heart wrenching for me. Owned the entire game and choked at the end.

ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt

GW Elder
Lakers getting away with crimes against humanity as fouls in the second half combined with the nuggets not being able to put away a layup with 4 offensive rebounds on the attempts OR EVEN A GOSH DARN FREE THROW tells me the NBA is getting what they want in having two additional days for the media to slurp on lebron

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What a shit end to a promising season. Have to wonder what happens if Zion doesn't tweak his hammy at the end of the Lakers game.

I think we gotta blow it up and try to put a PG and modern C around Zion/Herb/Trey.
Also the team needs to work on their flop game in the off-season because that's the way the whole fucking game has gone.

Back
Top Bottom