NBA Discussion Thread

What's with this In-Season Tournament nonsense?
It's best to allow new things a chance by thinking about them at least neutrally before it happens maaaaate

Besides the overall answer of $$$, they are trying to increase engagement with "unimportant" games. Casuals, people a bit more than casual, have absolutely no attention for just "normal" basketball and the NBA wants to change that.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I am pretty sure the Warriors are like... 1 or 2 off being the team that gets the least fouls.
Draymond gets away with murder (there was a game against us last year that he was literally screaming at the refs with no T). Steph in this game alone has gotten away with two plays where he steps into the defender to get and-1s that are supposed to be offensive fouls (and SUPPOSEDLY going to be a focus this year).

Also Chris Paul exists.

You typically get fewer fouls called when you shoot a ton of 3s too. But you gotta look at both sides of the ball.
Unless you're the teams that shoot more threes and get more free throws lol

I'm certainly not gonna argue with specific non-calls from this game, or Dray's behaviour at any point in time, but I will argue anything else about it... Cause the Warriors have for a very long time get the shit end of the whistle. Steph in particular gets molested.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Unless you're the teams that shoot more threes and get more free throws lol

I'm certainly not gonna argue with specific non-calls from this game, or Dray's behaviour at any point in time, but I will argue anything else about it... Cause the Warriors have for a very long time get the shit end of the whistle. Steph in particular gets molested.
Maybe its just the typical Refs Vs Small Market bias. I have definitely seen some playoff games where the Warriors don't get a whistle.

Maybe its just the typical Refs Vs Small Market bias. I have definitely seen some playoff games where the Warriors don't get a whistle.
Either way you are getting it not great today, is what it is.

I support a lot of teams (given where I'm at), Pels are certainly one of them. Hope Zion can stay on the court and get a better C (says man who had Jonas in fantasy for 21492174983y24789326 years it seems like).

Cam

Slightly Insane
Hilarious scuffle happened in Warriors/Timberwolves gave. Both Klay and Dray got ejected. Draymond had Rudy Gobert in a headlock...

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Klay and Draymond just not wanting to take the L without Curry to carry them.

Typical Draymond bullshit. Should be suspended.
Draymond should be suspended, but I’m surprised no technical fouls were called on Gobert. It wasn’t until the replay that I noticed and the announcers pointed out that Gobert had Klay in a headlock until Draymond jumped in

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Draymond should be suspended, but I’m surprised no technical fouls were called on Gobert. It wasn’t until the replay that I noticed and the announcers pointed out that Gobert had Klay in a headlock until Draymond jumped in

I dunno, I just watched it a few more times and it's pretty clear to me that Gobert was just pulling the dudes apart. Draymond is immediately making a bee-line to Gobert the second the fracas starts.

Love that word. Fracas.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

I took 4 years of French so I'm pretty sure "hug" doesn't translate to "headlock"

I took 4 years of French so I'm pretty sure "hug" doesn't translate to "headlock"
Different angle, shows Gobert with right arm above Klay’s shoulder going across his body just 1 second before Draymond starts flying in
IMG_7890.png

Then Draymond’s arms appear

IMG_7891.png

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Different angle, shows Gobert with right arm above Klay’s shoulder going across his body just 1 second before Draymond starts flying in
View attachment 4131

Then Draymond’s arms appear

View attachment 4132
As a lifelong wrestling fan, I feel qualified to make the call that an arm draped over a shoulder going across the body is not a headlock.

Now I suppose there is a chance he was setting up a Cobra Twist or some other abdominal stretch hold.

But also the fact that Draymond appears immediately goes to the point that he was targeting Gobert regardless.

As a lifelong wrestling fan, I feel qualified to make the call that an arm draped over a shoulder going across the body is not a headlock.

Now I suppose there is a chance he was setting up a Cobra Twist or some other abdominal stretch hold.

But also the fact that Draymond appears immediately goes to the point that he was targeting Gobert regardless.
He was definitely targeting Gobert, but Gobert was the first person to join the fracas and immediately grabbed Klay near his shoulders/neck. In the heat of the moment, I don’t fault draymond for going straight after Gobert, but he didn’t need to hold him that long or as tight around his neck

From another video, you can see Draymond’s hand just barely enter the frame on the left side, while Gobert’s arm is across Klay’s throat, but then by the time Draymond gets there 1 second later, the arm has already dropped to Klay’s chest. Gobert should have been ejected too or at least received a tech

IMG_7892.pngIMG_7893.png

The fact that his arm didn't stay at his neck for any length of time proves he was just pulling them apart.

A tech still feels a little excessive to me but I would understand.
I agree, but I understand Draymond in this instance. Also, if Klay got tossed instead of just a tech, then Gobert should have had a tech

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I agree, but I understand Draymond in this instance. Also, if Klay got tossed instead of just a tech, then Gobert should have had a tech
The problem is that every time there's an incident, people break things down frame-by-frame and find an excuse for what Draymond did.

Completely ignoring that we keep having this conversation over and over again.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole." - Raylan Givens

Draymond keeps running into assholes for some weird reason.

The problem is that every time there's an incident, people break things down frame-by-frame and find an excuse for what Draymond did.

Completely ignoring that we keep having this conversation over and over again.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole." - Raylan Givens

Draymond keeps running into assholes for some weird reason.
He definitely needs a lengthy suspension. This just seems different than when he was kicking dudes in the nads… also what does Gobert need to do to get T’d up? He gave everyone Covid and shut down the league, then the gets involved in the fracas by putting him arm around Klay. Is there no end to what he will do?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
He definitely needs a lengthy suspension. This just seems different than when he was kicking dudes in the nads… also what does Gobert need to do to get T’d up? He gave everyone Covid and shut down the league, then the gets involved in the fracas by putting him arm around Klay. Is there no end to what he will do?
Gobert giving everyone COVID is what caused the US to finally take it seriously (for a while) so I give his stupid ass a bit of a pass for that one.

Cam

Slightly Insane
I can't stand Draymond, but I thought the reaction was warranted. He's got to be the scrappy tough guy, even if he's not really that kind of person. That's the role he has on that team. He saw Klay being grabbed by Rudy, and he made sure Rudy knew that wasn't going to fly.

I think all involved should have been ejected. I don't understand why Rudy was spared, other than the fact that he embarrassed himself enough, not defending himself.

In all seriousness, did y'all see KAT? He didn't do much to help Rudy. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom