March Madness

I hate basketball and know nothing of college. But if you want me to blindly pick teams based on a combination of rankings and school names, I'm in for a bracket!
That's all it takes for March Madness. The end result is a badge so everyone should be able to blindly pick and someone will get lucky enough to win.

Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
March 19th is the first 4 I believe. If it can't be done on here then we could easily do an ESPN one. But it would be cool to do it here for sure if possible.

I know for a fact I could configure it like the NFL pool, which was considered a “standard” pool. These are the other options:

IMG_6815.jpeg

So, what I’m thinking is I can take a look at the brackets and see how close I can get to replicating it. I’m wondering if the survivor one might be the way to go, but I haven’t looked too far into it yet because I don’t have anything created for the NCAA yet, which is what I’ve gotta do first.

It'll have to function differently, because you need to carry through previous picks to future rounds instead of picking the games each round. Not sure how Survivor pools work in that instance.
I'm sure we could find some sort of fillable bracket we could essentially use here

Cam

Slightly Insane
Haven't watched a whole lot of college basketball this year (my team has been horrible), but I'm in!

@Cam @TD @Mark @shortkut @Fire Queen @Smacktard @Ants! @Olga @Nae'blis @Jawneh @Local Hero @Crystal @Ben @Benzine @The Eye in the Sky! @The Flame @VashTheStampede @Christina @Tommy Boy @Zell 17 @Kat @Webster @ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt @canadaguy @Raposuh @Cole @Lee @Fool's Requiem @Raine @GwJumpman @Spiner202 @Holly @Lunar Kreskents @BigDaddy @Gloom-is-good

I dunno just tagging people. When available fill out a bracket however you want. Like the team colors? Do it up. Hate a mascot? Murder them with balls. No money on the line, no continuous need to do things, just a one time fill out on a bracket. Don't even need to follow the games.

You might accidentally win a badge! Tag all your friends that you can think of as well.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
@Cam @TD @Mark @shortkut @Fire Queen @Smacktard @Ants! @Olga @Nae'blis @Jawneh @Local Hero @Crystal @Ben @Benzine @The Eye in the Sky! @The Flame @VashTheStampede @Christina @Tommy Boy @Zell 17 @Kat @Webster @ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt @canadaguy @Raposuh @Cole @Lee @Fool's Requiem @Raine @GwJumpman @Spiner202 @Holly @Lunar Kreskents @BigDaddy @Gloom-is-good

I dunno just tagging people. When available fill out a bracket however you want. Like the team colors? Do it up. Hate a mascot? Murder them with balls. No money on the line, no continuous need to do things, just a one time fill out on a bracket. Don't even need to follow the games.

You might accidentally win a badge! Tag all your friends that you can think of as well.
I don't watch badsketball

this a bracket challenge?
Yes
When does Madness start? Just wanna know how much time I got.
  • Selection Sunday: Sunday, March 17
  • First round: March 21-22
You'll have between March 17th after the bracket is created and March 21st (noon eastern, the first tipoff) to make your selections

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
Season 4 Rose Weissman GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Guys, I don't watch basketball either and dopn't know anything about college. I'm in just to randomly pick teams and piss off the people that do know it and I beat.
This is the way.

Honestly, what watching way too much gets you is the ability to consistently do in the top 25% of brackets. Usually it's fans of the team that ends up winning that do the best, and statistically people who know next to nothing about it end up doing better on average than casual fans.

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon
i play in an nba 30 team dynasty fantasy league, where we also must have a salary cap that is filled by our players actual salaries, it's 82 match ups instead of weekly match ups, one for each game. then there's also minutes restrictions and blah de blah blah. really cool version of fantasy bball.

i really struggle at the time to make our draft picks though cause i know nothing about college basketball. in the future i will ask alu.

i play in an nba 30 team dynasty fantasy league, where we also must have a salary cap that is filled by our players actual salaries, it's 82 match ups instead of weekly match ups, one for each game. then there's also minutes restrictions and blah de blah blah. really cool version of fantasy bball.

i really struggle at the time to make our draft picks though cause i know nothing about college basketball. in the future i will ask alu.
Lol I can give you a better than 0 idea about some things for sure. I'm not as into it as I was a decade ago, but I still follow enough to get a decent base.

Back
Top Bottom