March Madness

I may be in the lead right now, but I'm kinda forked at the sweet 16. I can only score on 4 of the games because I picked Morehead, Baylor, Kentucky, and JMU to win, and they didn't even make it to the Sweet 16.

Disappointed in the lack of a true Cinderella run this year. NC State doesn't count, IMO, because they only needed to beat Oakland in the round of 32.

i'm a state hater like any good north carolinian but even i have to acknowledge they're a cinderella. you don't win five games in five days just to make the tournament in the first place without getting a little bit of credit
JMU won 14 straight and then got railroaded by Duke. I'll believe in the NC State run being Cinderella run if they can beat Marquette.

If you look at the list in order of Max points currently possible, I am 9th on the list despite being 3rd in the current points total.

This is like the 2022 Vikings where they rolled into the playoffs with a 13-4 record, but with a -3 points differential.

I saw how Creighton played against Oregon. The only reason they won was because Oregon pretty much only relied on two players and those players were heavily fatigued by the second overtime. Assuming they do manage to beat Tennessee, I highly doubt they beat the steamroller that is Purdue.

Nerds Winning GIF by Dropout.tv

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
i'm a state hater like any good north carolinian but even i have to acknowledge they're a cinderella. you don't win five games in five days just to make the tournament in the first place without getting a little bit of credit
for the record the last (and only other) team to win five games in five days to win their conference tournament (kemba walker’s uconn in 2011) also won the title that year so like. for that reason i almost picked state in my final four and i really wish i had. still really fun nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom