Campaign Lost Mines of Phandelver (Chapter 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Dude, turns and looks at devil tied up. Still fuming, still angry. His thoughts are rapidly flying through his heads - what would Grandtorty do? He never trained Dude for this. Someone he was starting to think may be a friend... working with goblins. Did she even mean it when she said "thank you?"...

I-

Dude pauses. He is at a moral crossroads. He could have left her to die. Dude turns to the rest of the group.

...get some rest. I have first watch.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
T'anks doesn't resist, at all.

I... understand. I do. But, I have to say more. Your other friend? The second one that was abducted. I spoke with this one--she jerks her head in Sildar's direction--using my talent. He does not appear to be here. If Klarg is here, he doesn't matter. Because your friend is not. I don't know that you have time to take care of both.

She accepts the situation for what it is and falls silent.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
The group grapples with a mix of emotions—anger, disappointment, and a sense of betrayal—yet they recognize the immediate need to rest and recuperate before facing the challenges that lie ahead, including the confrontation with Klarg. The decision to take a long rest is made with the understanding that they must maintain a watchful eye on T'anks, whose actions have cast doubt on her loyalty and intentions.

Sildar, despite his own weakness and the ordeal he has endured, insists on positioning himself between T'anks and the rest of the party. His stance is not one of defense for T'anks's actions but a reminder of their shared humanity and the complexities of survival in dire circumstances. Sildar's experience as a warrior and his understanding of the darker aspects of human (and tiefling) nature allow him to approach the situation with a sense of compassion and pragmatism.

As the adventurers settle down for their long rest, the cave's dimness envelops them, a stark reminder of the precariousness of their journey and the fragile nature of trust. The rest period is a time for healing and reflection, not only for the physical wounds they have sustained but also for the emotional rifts that have emerged.

In the quiet of the cave, each member of the party is left to ponder the weight of their decisions, the bonds that tie them together, and the path forward. Despite the betrayal, they are united by a common goal and the recognition that the challenges ahead require them to work together, even in the face of mistrust.

As dawn breaks, marking the end of their rest period, the adventurers prepare to continue their quest. The journey ahead is uncertain, fraught with danger and the shadow of broken trust, but they are driven by a shared purpose and the hope that redemption and reconciliation might still be possible within their ranks.

Long Rest taken, please update your character sheets accordingly

Tortle Dude

Dude awakens, having managed to actually get some sleep. He spent his watch time staring at the sleeping devil, replaying the events that had transpired since the moment they met - both dangling upside down in the middle of the trail. He tried to grab her horns but failed miserably. He replayed everything else in his head multiple times afterwards - wondering how he missed it. How did he not see this coming? Why didn't Grandtorty see this coming?

...Nothing could have prepared dude for this. Nothing. The fact that he has been walking alongside a goblin friend has not alluded him. His Grandtorty would be turning over in his grave, he can almost hear the mockery and demeaning comments in his head. "GOBLIN LOVER", words he heard his Grandtorty say many times.

If only the group could understand the toll this is taking on him. If they could understand what this means for him not only now - but the implications of his entire upbringing and Grandtorty's teaching. Why is this a big deal? Maybe they'll never understand. But he saw something in the Tiefling... something he hasn't seen for a long time.

Alas, Dude stands up. He walks up to the tied up Tiefling, maintaining eye contact with her the entire time with a purposefully stoic face to avoid giving the Tiefling any indication. He crouches over, his hand hovering over her horns...

Dude unties T'anks without saying a word.

Dude turns, hoists his sword into the air, lighting up the cave, and waits for the adventurers to make their preparations.

T'anks Kiraine

T'anks shifts slightly, allowing for some relief in her muscles after being tied and immobile for hours. But she makes no effort to get up; she knows how this works by now. If they want her to move, then they will tell her. Or force her to should she refuse.

She still doesn't understand these people, can't make heads or tails of their actions. There was no reason to catch her as she fell, no reason to heal her and prevent her from bleeding out after the assault. No reason to hesitate lobbing off her head after revealing her connection to the Goblin and brief details of her past. Are they... testing her? To what end, and for what benefit.

Looking around at the others, she frowns. There's still more she should share... and beyond that, wants to share. This is unfamiliar to her; daunting and terrifying. She shakes her head. One thing at a time. She tucks her legs under her a bit, rests her hands upon her lap, and breaks the silence of the morning.

...You should show that drawing to your friend now that he's rested.

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

Dude looks to Kutshort - they may not always see eye to eye, he may have a love for wolves that Dude does not, he may have appeared to be a goblin friend momentarily... but he had Dude's back when it mattered most. He is Tortle Friend. Dude maintains his current stoic look, something is most definitely different with him but nobody can quite place a finger on what it is or why.

...thank you, Kutshort.

Dude is uncharacteristically quiet, likely still mulling the thoughts he had while the adventurers rested. He has not looked at T'anks, but he knows she has not risen, she believes she is a prisoner. He has heard her voice - currently unable to process the words. Should anyone of the group believe there is value in what she says... perhaps they should engage, for it will not be Dude, not right now.

Tiefling, Kutshort deliberately avoids using her name.
There may be some truth in what you say, and you will be afforded the chance to earn our trust back. You must realize, however, that this will not be an easy task. You have lied and misled us since we first met. You have led us into traps, when we were prepared to sacrifice ourself for your safety. As long as you continue to prove yourself, you have nothing to worry about. Double-cross us again, and it will be the last thing you have to worry about

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
PREVIOUSLY ON LOST MINES OF PHANDELVER:

The drawing looks to be of several goblins, but a couple of them look different than the others. The unique goblins are drawn to have elongated skulls, and the weapons they hold seem to be giving off some sort of energy or aura. Hard to tell. Not a great artist, this one.

Now back to our show:

Sildar, we found this drawing in the possession of some goblins outside the cave, when they ambushed us. Does it mean anything to you?

Kutshort hands the drawing to Sildar

Sildar takes the parchment, his eyes scanning the drawing. "I've seen a goblin somewhat like these. When the goblin ambush set upon Gundren and myself, one of the goblins had an oddly shaped head like in your picture here. The others did not seem to know him that well, and they may have gotten the same bad feeling from him that I did. As the Cragmaws...that's the name of this goblin band, if you weren't aware...when the Cragmaws were binding me, this odd goblin seemed to be inspecting me. He whispered
'you're not what Ruxithid wants'. Then he left, on his own."

T'anks Kiraine

T'anks quietly sighs, rests her head against the stalagmite and looks upon the ceiling.

Intelligence Check >> Searching memories of joint raids with the Cragmaws, for any prior hints at unusual organization or references to "Ruxithid."

• This Is Fine

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Ruxithid, as she remembers, was spoken of in hushed tones, a figure of some significance within the local goblin bands but not linked directly to the Cragmaws and not in the way most leaders or powerful warriors are usually revered or feared. Instead, Ruxithid was mentioned with a mixture of respect and caution, perhaps a shaman or a mystic with knowledge of arcane rituals and dark magic that the goblins relied on for protection and guidance?

Well, if you’re not what Ruxithid wants, hopefully this cave isn’t well guarded. Let’s get a move on.

Dude, how does that old war song go again?

Let's kill Gobs doo doo doo doo doo
Fat Goblins doo doo doo doo doo
Thin Goblins doo doo doo doo doo
All Goblins doo doo doo doo doo

Tortle Dude

Dude's eyes shift... locking eyes with Kutshort. Dude pauses to reminisce of his simpler, more upbeat melodies. Dude is a storyteller, he has a way with words. Words are his weapon, his muse. He sighs...

...this situation calls for something... different.

Tortle Dude

Dude grunts...

That's where I'm headed. Might wanna get that one up too.

Dude motions his head toward T'anks, he starts a deep hum and vocal chord exercise. Almost warming up for a new tune...

((@VashTheStampede Do I need a new Perception check when we start moving or will the OG suffice since it was never used?))

T'anks Kiraine

With renewed fervor, T'anks calls for the attention of Sildar and the party. She informs Sildar of what she recounted to Dude before--

T'anks recalls hearing stories about how some goblin tribes, especially on the Sword Coast, have had tales passed down over the years that are used to scare their children into following instruction. These tales include unnerving stories of goblin tribes falling under the control of malevolent beings far more sinister than themselves, and how these evil beings would warp and twist these fallen tribes into something wrong, changed in various ways to mindlessly do the bidding of their new masters.

This drawing could likely be the result of a goblin who grew up traumatized by these stories and has recurring nightmares about these twisted, evil goblins.

That would seem a best case scenario.

--and then tells them of what she's learned in her time with and around the Goblins, Cragmaws or otherwise.

This situation is dire, and you need to hurry. I know you don't trust me--you shouldn't trust me--but Klarg and these other Goblin aren't important. I'm not... I'm not trying to protect him. I'll kill him myself, if I must. But time isn't on your friend's side.

• Hmm

Tortle Dude

Tortle Dude looks at the adventurers as they seem to be making final preparations. He makes his preparations as they finish their discussion. He hoists his moonlit sword into the air, lighting up the cave. He intends to keep alert for goblins, bugbears, snakes and whatever else may lurk...

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
With renewed fervor, T'anks calls for the attention of Sildar and the party. She informs Sildar of what she recounted to Dude before--

--and then tells them of what she's learned in her time with and around the Goblins, Cragmaws or otherwise.

This situation is dire, and you need to hurry. I know you don't trust me--you shouldn't trust me--but Klarg and these other Goblin aren't important. I'm not... I'm not trying to protect him. I'll kill him myself, if I must. But time isn't on your friend's side.

Sildar Hallwinter, driven by a sense of duty and loyalty to his friend, nods in agreement with T'anks. "She's right," he says, his voice firm.

"Gundren's not just a business partner; he's a friend, and he's counting on us. The Cragmaw goblins are unpredictable, and there's no telling what they might do if they believe their plans are threatened. We need to make it to Phandalin as soon as we can, not just for Gundren's sake, but to warn the town of the potential danger looming over it."

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
As the party makes its way down the passage not previously taken, they find themselves traversing the rope bridge they saw from below earlier in their journey.

Its noteworthy that this time, they do not see the goblin that was posted here previously as a sentry. Either their prior distraction plans were super effective, or their goblin accomplice has pulled some strings to ease their trek towards Klarg...

As the party makes its way down the passage not previously taken, they find themselves traversing the rope bridge they saw from below earlier in their journey.

Its noteworthy that this time, they do not see the goblin that was posted here previously as a sentry. Either their prior distraction plans were super effective, or their goblin accomplice has pulled some strings to ease their trek towards Klarg...
Kutshort continues with the group, slightly grumpy that Dude isn’t playing a song while they traverse rope bridge

• Seen

Tortle Dude

As Dude continues to light the way with his sword, traversing the rope bridge - the presumptive absence of the goblin is noted. Dude clears his throat... and lets out his boisterous voice in an entrancing tune, perhaps frightening any goblins who are around, hiding, or are with Klarg...

One, two,
Dude is coming for you,
Three, four,
Klarg'll hit the floor,
Five, six,
There are no tricks,
Seven, eight...

Dude takes a deep breath, and adds extra emphasis on the final part.

You can't tempt fate!

The projection of Dude's voice echos through the cavern, making his presence known, and seeking to intimidate Klarg or any other goblins still around.

As Dude continues to light the way with his sword, traversing the rope bridge - the presumptive absence of the goblin is noted. Dude clears his throat... and lets out his boisterous voice in an entrancing tune, perhaps frightening any goblins who are around, hiding, or are with Klarg...

One, two,
Dude is coming for you,
Three, four,
Klarg'll hit the floor,
Five, six,
There are no tricks,
Seven, eight...

Dude takes a deep breath, and adds extra emphasis on the final part.

You can't tempt fate!

The projection of Dude's voice echos through the cavern, making his presence known, and seeking to intimidate Klarg or any other goblins still around.
((That’s what Kutshort is talking about))

• Cheers!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
After crossing the perilous rope bridge, the party finds themselves in a new environment...a massive cavern within the cave. This cavern is half-filled with two large pools of water. A narrow waterfall high in the eastern wall feeds the pool, which drains out the western end of the chamber to form the stream that flows from the cave mouth below. Low fieldstone walls serve as dams holding the water in. A wide exit stands to the south, while two smaller passages lead west. The sound of the waterfall echoes through the cavern, making it difficult to hear.

However, the serene atmosphere of the cave is immediately disrupted by the presence of three goblins and two wolves, evidently stationed as guards. The creatures have taken notice of the adventurers' arrival, and their intentions are unmistakably hostile.

Sildar tightens his grip on his weapon, his resolve hardened by the sight of their adversaries. "Be on your guard," he warns, his voice a low growl. "Looks like we've got company."

1708561471306.png

Roll for Initiative!

(( I'll rename the enemies soon ))

((If I need to rub one out to do this, I’ll need a hand from you @VashTheStampede ))

Kutshort pets Hopper
if these are your friends, I’ll try to spare them if they join us. If you understand me, let them know lunch is about to be served

Kutshort gracefully and silently hops off the rope bridge to the stairs below and walks about 15-20 feet east to the top of the next stairs . Carefully, Kutshort takes some of the leftover roasted goblin meet that Hopper loved so much and attaches it to a crossbow bolt.
Kutshort aims his crossbow at the middle goblin and stealthily fires, while the goblin is distracted by the rest of the party on the rope bridge

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
((If I need to rub one out to do this, I’ll need a hand from you @VashTheStampede ))

Kutshort pets Hopper
if these are your friends, I’ll try to spare them if they join us. If you understand me, let them know lunch is about to be served

Kutshort gracefully and silently hops off the rope bridge to the stairs below and walks about 15-20 feet east to the top of the next stairs . Carefully, Kutshort takes some of the leftover roasted goblin meet that Hopper loved so much and attaches it to a crossbow bolt.
Kutshort aims his crossbow at the middle goblin and stealthily fires, while the goblin is distracted by the rest of the party on the rope bridge

Knowing the importance of gaining an early advantage, he aims his hand crossbow at one of the goblins, intending to take it out quickly and tilt the odds in their favor. The tension in the cave is palpable as he steadies his aim, takes a deep breath, and pulls the trigger.

However, fate has other plans. In a moment of unforeseen mishap, Kutshort experiences a critical failure. Instead of flying towards its intended target, the bolt jams in the crossbow's mechanism (possibly due to the addition to the ammunition), causing a backfire that sends a jolt through Kutshort's arms and causes him to drop his weapon. The unexpected malfunction not only fails to harm the goblins but also momentarily disarms Kutshort, leaving him vulnerable.

Hopper's Turn

Sensing Kutshort's momentary vulnerability following the critical failure with his hand crossbow, Hopper does not hesitate. With a protective growl, the wolf springs into action, targeting the goblin nearest to the Rogue in an attempt to neutralize the immediate threat to his companion.

Hopper's attack is swift, a blur of fur and fangs as he lunges at the goblin with all the ferocity and speed his lupine form allows. The goblin, caught off guard by the sudden assault from the animal, scrambles to defend itself. It manages, through a combination of luck and frantic movement, to sidestep Hopper's attack at the last moment.

The wolf's teeth snap shut on empty air, just inches away from the goblin's flesh. Despite Hopper's agility and combat instincts, the goblin escapes unscathed, if a bit shaken by the close call. Hopper lands smoothly, turning to face the goblin again, undeterred and ready to continue the fight. His loyalty and determination to protect Kutshort are evident in his stance and the intensity in his eyes.

1708628176232.png

(( @Raine ))

T'anks Kiraine

"Here we go, then," she thinks. No turning back now.

T'anks moves to the square between Kutshort, Hopper and Dude.

With the exception of our group, everything remaining in this cave is... is my enemy. As much as that hurts. I need you to believe that. No more theatrics. Just put them down.

She has no idea if she's trying to convince the party, herself, or both. Tries not to notice which Goblin she's going to kill.

[Bonus Action] Bardic Inspiration >> Tortle Dude
Drink their blood!
Slake your thirst!
Have some mercy,
Kill them first!

[Attack] with Shortbow >> Gobber

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Tortle Dude is Inspired

The cave, echoing with the sounds of combat and the harsh cries of the goblins, becomes a backdrop to her focus. T'anks draws the bowstring back, the tension in the string mirroring the adrenaline coursing through her. She releases the arrow, sending it cutting through the dimly lit space towards her target.

The arrow finds its mark, striking the goblin in the shoulder. The impact is significant, causing the creature to stagger back, a sharp cry of pain escaping its lips. Blood seeps from the injury, a stark contrast against its dark, grimy skin.

Enemy Wolf Turn

In a heart-stopping moment, one of the goblins' wolves manages to land a powerful bite on Hopper. The wolf's teeth sink deep into Hopper's side, causing a yelp of pain to echo through the cave. The injury is serious, a stark testament to the dangers the party faces, not just from the goblins but from their fierce animal companions as well.

Hopper takes 7 piercing damage!

The second wolf, emboldened by the success of its packmate, turns its attention to the Tortle Bard. With a low growl, it launches itself at him, teeth bared and aimed for an attack. The wolf's movement is swift, a blur of fur and fangs as it attempts to take down what it perceives as a vulnerable target.

However, the Dude, protected by his natural shell and quick reflexes, is far from an easy target. As the wolf lunges, he instinctively pulls into his shell, the wolf's teeth clattering against the hard, protective surface with no effect. The sound of the impact echoes through the cave, a testament to the strength and durability of the Tortle's natural defense.

(( @TD ))

Tortle Dude

Dude surveying the battle scene - having his eyes locked on the goblin ahead of him has now been blocked by a pesky wolf that foolishly tried to take a bite out of him. Dude's eyes shift to T'anks for a moment, slightly shocked by the words his fellow bard let out and then feeling a little more odd that he's feeling inspired by her. Dude lets out a battle cry, angry that he can't get to the goblin.

...I NEED GOBLIN BLOOD!...

Dude's words echo throughout the chamber as he both tries to intimidate the goblins and simutaneously draw their attention.

Dude looks down at his sticky snake blood sword, still radiating moonlight. He looks at the wolf directly in front of him, feeling a passing moment of sympathy for such a feeble creature. Dude then can't help but hear Grandtorty in his head "...wolf meat...", Dude grips the sword with two hands.

Dude hoists the sword way above his head, bringing it swinging down on Woolf.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
The serene glow of the sword contrasts sharply with the chaos of the skirmish, casting eerie shadows across the cave walls and reflecting off the water in the twin pools.

The wolf, momentarily taken aback by the sudden illumination, hesitates—a crucial mistake. With a swift, practiced motion, Tortle Dude swings his longsword in a powerful arc, channeling his strength and determination into the blow. The sword moves through the air with precision, its enchanted edge finding its mark.

The strike is clean and decisive, landing with a force that leaves no room for doubt. The wolf, unable to evade the swift attack, falls under the strength of the Dude's sword. The impact of the blow dispatches the wolf, ending its threat to the party and reducing the number of adversaries they face.

(( oh shit instagibbed lol ))

Sildar's Turn

Buoyed by Tortle Dude's success, Sildar Hallwinter seizes the moment to confront the remaining wolf. Moving past Tortle Dude with a nod of acknowledgment, Sildar raises his own longsword, a weapon he wields with the skill of a seasoned warrior. He engages the wolf, which, already wary from the fall of its packmate, faces him with a desperate growl.

Sildar's attack is powerful, fueled by a determination to protect his companions and to survive the dangers of the cave. His blade strikes the wolf, dealing heavy damage. The creature reels from the impact, wounded significantly but not yet defeated. Sildar stands ready to continue the fight, his stance resolute and his eyes fixed on the wolf, prepared for its next move.

(( @GwJumpman ))

1708654929828.png

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
The air around Dragmire crackles with magical energy as he extends his hand towards the target. A bolt of dark, crackling energy coalesces in his palm before shooting forth, aimed directly at the goblin. The power of the Eldritch Blast is undeniable, a manifestation of Dragmire's pact with otherworldly forces.

However, the chaos of the skirmish and the unpredictable movements of the goblins in combat lead to an unfortunate miscalculation. The eldritch bolt, rather than hitting its intended target, whizzes past the goblin, striking one of the fieldstone walls that contains one of the pools of water. The energy from the blast scours a noticeable mark on the stone wall, causing bits and shards of rock flying as shrapnel...and water begins to slowly leak from the point of impact.

It becomes apparent to the party that further damage in the same area could lead to a more severe structural collapse, potentially altering the battleground in unpredictable ways.

Goblin Turn

In the thick of the skirmish within the Twin Pools Cave, one of the goblins, recognizing Sildar Hallwinter as a key figure among the adventurers, decides to target him directly. With a malicious gleam in its eye, the goblin takes a moment to aim its shortbow, pulling the string back with all the force it can muster. The tension in the cave builds as the goblin releases the arrow, sending it hurtling towards Sildar with deadly intent.

Sildar, ever vigilant and battle-hardened, spots the incoming threat at the last moment. Drawing upon his combat experience and the instincts that have served him well in countless encounters, he manages to sidestep the arrow just in time. The missile whizzes past him, narrowly missing its mark, and embeds itself into the cave wall behind him with a thud.

~~~

A second goblin, possibly realizing the direness of their situation and the likelihood of defeat, or perhaps motivated by some other unknown thought, makes a calculated decision to retreat. With a swift glance around the skirmish to ensure its action goes unnoticed, the goblin darts towards the southern exit of the cave.

~~~

The third goblin, seizing an opportunity amidst the chaos, targets Hopper. The loyal wolf, already engaged and vigilant, finds itself confronting the goblin, unaware of the precise danger it poses. With a vicious swipe of its scimitar, the goblin manages to land a significant blow on Hopper.

The force of the attack cuts through the din of battle, a harsh sound that catches the attention of Kutshort and the rest of the party. Hopper, struck by the scimitar, lets out a pained yelp before collapsing to the ground, unconscious from the severity of the injury.

Hopper has lost consciousness!

(( @shortkut ))

1708660309361.png

Kutshort switches to his short sword and scimitar and steps over Hopper
And strikes wulf with both the shortsword and scimitar

Edit: it has been brought to my attention that I cannot stand on an unconscious wolf. Leaving post here for posterity. New action below

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Brandishing his hand crossbow, a weapon he wields with practiced ease despite the earlier malfunction, Kutshort takes aim at one of the wolves still engaged in the battle. The wolf, already on edge from the conflict and sensing the shift in Kutshort's focus, attempts to evade, its instincts driving it to survive.

The Rogue's aim is true. The tension of the moment seems to slow time as he releases the bolt, watching as it flies across the cave and strikes the wolf. The impact is significant, the sharp tip of the bolt piercing the wolf's hide and inflicting a grievous wound. The animal lets out a pained howl, its movements becoming erratic as it struggles with the injury.

Hopper fails a Death Saving Throw!

1708718802088.png

(( @Raine ))

T'anks Kiraine

T'anks panics, Hopper's bloody and matted fur a mess as he lays motionless on the ground. Her years of torment have long since awoken latent powers within her, but she has rarely used them - and never upon an animal! She focuses on the wounded wolf, her recent protector, conjuring her enchantment into a song they'll both remember.

[Bonus Action] Healing Word >> Hopper
We goblins are a friendly folk
We love to eat until we choke
Loving all like friend and brother
We hardly ever eat each other!

...Maybe not the best choice in the moment, but given when and how the wolves are fed it's certainly fitting. She turns her attention back to the battle and notices the absence of Gobbin; not hard to guess where he's gotten off to in such a hurry. That's not good.

She takes aim at Wulf and fires, hoping to put him out of his misery and give Hopper some breathing room.

[Attack] with Shortbow >> Wulf

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
The words of the Healing Word spell, imbued with the Bard's desire to mend and soothe, weave through the air and gently envelop Hopper. The magic takes effect almost immediately, visible as a soft glow that surrounds the wolf's form. Within moments, Hopper's breathing steadies, and the worst of his wounds begin to close, a clear sign of the spell's potency.

Kutshort watches with a mix of relief and gratitude as Hopper stirs, the wolf's eyes blinking open with a newfound strength.

T'anks quickly shifts her focus back to the ongoing conflict. Understanding the importance of eliminating the remaining threats, she draws her shortbow, aiming at one of the wolves still engaged in the skirmish.

As T'anks releases the arrow, it flies with less precision than she intended, the trajectory slightly off from its intended path. However, fortune favors the bold. The arrow, despite its imperfect flight, grazes the wolf. This seemingly minor hit lands on an area already tender from previous wounds inflicted by the adventurers.

The cumulative effect of its injuries proves too much for the wolf. The impact of T'anks's arrow, minimal though it might have been under different circumstances, becomes the final blow that the beleaguered creature cannot withstand. With a pained whimper, the wolf collapses to the cave floor, its struggles ceasing as it succumbs to its injuries.

(( @TD ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom