Japan-only gems

My replacement Saturn was to arrive today, and... the FedEx truck carrying it got into an accident so it's been delayed until Saturday. Called the delivery guy to check on the status, and he told me his tire blew out and he got into a crash. Thankfully he's fine, but I'm not sure about the state of my Saturn. I guess we'll see Saturday.....

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
My replacement Saturn was to arrive today, and... the FedEx truck carrying it got into an accident so it's been delayed until Saturday. Called the delivery guy to check on the status, and he told me his tire blew out and he got into a crash. Thankfully he's fine, but I'm not sure about the state of my Saturn. I guess we'll see Saturday.....
So typical, ah well, fingers crossed for Saturnday;)

you seem to have annoyingly bad luck

IT LIVES

sort of. I need to find a nut that holds the Kaico power cable in place because they forgot to ship one and it's tough because most nuts aren't the right size because they're too chunky. So, yeah, fuck. If I don't have one, the power plug-in slips inside the console and I'd have to unscrew it and fish it out again

But hey, progress so far! Yay! Maybe I'll be playing Super Tempo and Tryrush Deppy by this weekend :D

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
IT LIVES

sort of. I need to find a nut that holds the Kaico power cable in place because they forgot to ship one and it's tough because most nuts aren't the right size because they're too chunky. So, yeah, fuck. If I don't have one, the power plug-in slips inside the console and I'd have to unscrew it and fish it out again

But hey, progress so far! Yay! Maybe I'll be playing Super Tempo and Tryrush Deppy by this weekend :D
Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I'm still thinking of getting a Sega Saturn down the line. I really want one.
Personally I find the system really cool because it's like this treasure trove of retro games I'd never heard of before. It's like I fell into this whole other parallel universe filled with the sort of games I'm into.

The game prices though, goddamn.

Personally I find the system really cool because it's like this treasure trove of retro games I'd never heard of before. It's like I fell into this whole other parallel universe filled with the sort of games I'm into.

The game prices though, goddamn.
Much agreed, plus the Saturn is one of the very few consoles I've never played on. I'd like to have the chance to play some games on it.

But the prices though, they're ridiculous. One of the games I wanted to get for the system is Magic Knight Rayearth, but that seems to be out of the question. :(

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
@Crystal you might know this. If I buy a CRT TV with a British plug, would it's refresh rate be 25fps, or is that only for British/Euro TV shows/movies/consoles? Will this affect my gaming at all?
From what I understand it shouldn't impact your gaming at all, BUT I'm not 100% certain on that. I wonder if fellow collector and Brit @Crazy Jamie might know when he's next around?

Will straight component cables just not work or something. I've never heard of S-video or scart
You need some kind of adapter for component. A COMPOSITE cable is typically available for everything made after the NES. But composite looks like ass, even on CRTs unless the game was specifically designed around CRTs and composite cables.

So I don't really have the luxury of shopping around for an ideal TV. I found one today that was good enough:
-it had component cable inputs (though lacking stereo sound)
-it was like fifteen bucks
-it worked when plugged in
-it was 48°C outside and I didn't want to spend any more time walking around

Ta-da:
20240529_194200.jpg

I still just need to get a thin nut to hold the replacement power cord in place. I COULD just start playing now, but I just don't want to go through the process of opening it up again when I finally get a suitable nut.

Back
Top Bottom