• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Heat Dome - June 2024

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
You mean the sale, or the corpse..?

Because not the sale, no.

I knew it was going to be about the reservoir as soon as I saw Rochester and corpse together, though. That's where my partners family are, so I definitely heard about the story.

I immediately showed it to my old lady and said “look, these guys aren’t used to finding bodies in water like we are here”.

Thank fuck the rain has cooled things a bit. The sooner Summer is over though, the better.

The wind is helping here, but it’s gonna rain. All of the leaves are already turned up.

IMG_8454.jpeg

You're lucky, the rest of the continent is looking drier than a camel's codpiece.

View attachment 17897

It's probably raining on @Jawneh, though.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean shit with these pop-up thunderstorms we get during the summer.

IMG_8455.jpeg

Meanwhile… here we are with this Windows XP wallpaper scenery.

IMG_8456.jpeg

Guess that’s why people here always say “don’t like the weather? Give it a minute.”

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
We had the remnants of Hurricane Beryl bring us rain, so we kinda got lucky there.
It's not supposed to hit me with rain until late this evening into tomorrow morning.

1720641286566.png

I immediately showed it to my old lady and said “look, these guys aren’t used to finding bodies in water like we are here”.

The wind is helping here, but it’s gonna rain. All of the leaves are already turned up.

View attachment 17898

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean shit with these pop-up thunderstorms we get during the summer.

View attachment 17899

Meanwhile… here we are with this Windows XP wallpaper scenery.

View attachment 17900

Guess that’s why people here always say “don’t like the weather? Give it a minute.”
True. I understand weather about as much as I do politics at this point.

I don't.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
True. I understand weather about as much as I do politics at this point.

I don't.

Well, the Appalachian Mountains tend to help cook up those storms that hit us from the west, the Great Lakes contribute to that as well. When you’re closer to the coast, the ocean helps them brew up, and then they hit us from the east. That’s about all I have to offer as far as my meteorology knowledge goes.

Basically… you picked a fun part of the country to land on, because on the east coast we get hit from both the ocean and the mountains. I’d assume it’s similar out west, but, I’ve never been.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
What I'm finding annoying is that whenever it's cooler than what I have my AC set to at night, there is no wind, making taking the time to open windows before I go to bed and turning off the AC pointless. Tonight, the low is 68. My AC is set to 75. But if I open the windows, my house isn't going to get cooler.
Box-fan in the window? That's what I was doing while mine was broken, but then you've got to deal with humidity more.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Animated GIF

1720891981651.png
1720891999968.png

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
80 degrees before 9am. Not uncommon elsewhere, but very rare here. It was a beautiful night last night, though. Nice breeze, mild temps, low humidity. The contrast is wild, I dunno how you folks out in the SW do it…

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
This was a frigging storm. Hit right as I was getting out of court, and I was driving straight towards lightning strikes in the distance the whole time. Dark enough to need headlights at 5:30pm.

Then it started pissing it down right as I pulled into my driveway, to where I was drenched in the 2 seconds it took to jump out of my car and through the garage door.

10 minutes later, the sun was shining, so go figure. I got the hardest yet thinnest part of the storm.

1000007506.jpg

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Nope, and this is reminding me of how Goddamn hot it was in 2021. I hate that and can't wait until this dreadful season is over. Gimme Autumn back!

Right?! The fall was great here last year, very mild and comfortable compared to the abrupt transition from Summer to Winter that I’m used to.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Sadly, not even the thunderstorms are helping that much. Summer just needs to fuck off.

Oh I know, summer storms always drove up the humidity around here. It seems to be a little less prominent now that I’m further out west, but it’s still definitely noticeable after a storm.

Back
Top Bottom