• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Heat Dome - June 2024

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Oh, my point was on that balloon. It's way over your head :p
Well my point was on your face. It's dumb.

Mood Reaction GIF by Nickelodeon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Well we do typically assume Jon is a furry werewolf lover, and dogs don't sweat, so... Makes sense.

I don't know what Vash's solution is. Probably the absorptive properties of cookie crumbs.

Dude’s a Masshole that moved to Florida. Who does that? Who willingly wants to fry like that?

Listen, I'm subject to heat like the rest of you.

All I was saying is it's not every day Florida is 95 while most of the rest of the country is 105.

Nah. I like my version better. You’ve evolved. Or mutated. Like Swamp Thing.

At least in southern Florida you get mild winters.

That’s called a “consolation prize”, dude.

Yes, I agree we are a dumpster-fire.

In my defense, i didn't move here for the politics. :puke

Translation: He moved there for the moisture.

• Hmm
Reactions: Jon
I have absolutely no idea how to comprehend this sentence. Nice in the same sentence as 95? Everything I've ever known that was 95 sucks. The temperature. The highway. The old people.

You have good heat tolerance. Were you born down there?
In 95, Sony released the original Playstation. It's also the year Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, Secret of Evermore, and Twisted Metal were released, as well as the first Heroes of Might and Magic game (though that's only notable because it started the series...II and III were the fantastic games).

So I found some good ways to describe 95 as nice.

In 95, Sony released the original Playstation. It's also the year Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, Secret of Evermore, and Twisted Metal were released, as well as the first Heroes of Might and Magic game (though that's only notable because it started the series...II and III were the fantastic games).

So I found some good ways to describe 95 as nice.
Windows 95 was good too. Always a silver lining 1719434907319.png

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I have absolutely no idea how to comprehend this sentence. Nice in the same sentence as 95? Everything I've ever known that was 95 sucks. The temperature. The highway. The old people.

You have good heat tolerance. Were you born down there?

We were already having a shitty time talking about the weather and you had to go and bring up I-95?

Dick.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Exactly the case. CT is the buffer zone.

Dude, easily the absolute worst drivers I have ever encountered reside in that state.

I see your I-95 and raise you I-4.

I’ve heard about that one from a few people I know down there.

I drove through CT once. It rained as I entered the state and stopped right as I left.

I remember at one point seeing a sign for Swansea and thinking "why the fuck did I bother crossing the Atlantic?"

It was pouring my first time through, which is probably what set my rage off towards those drivers.

Dude, easily the absolute worst drivers I have ever encountered reside in that state.

I’ve heard about that one from a few people I know down there.

It was pouring my first time through, which is probably what set my rage off towards those drivers.
The drivers being from Connecticut is probably what set your rage off towards them

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
North of Boston isn't so bad. Everything south of Boston is very bad though.
Only thing I can really say is that I-95 once you cross into Maine is an endless corridor of trees with absolutely nothing to look at.

I traded a 4 hour round-trip drive to get my son down I-95 for a 4 hour round-trip along I-90, and I'm always so much fucking happier going through the Berkshires than that tunnel of snore.

I-95 North of Bangor Maine is a no-mans-land where they just jack the speed limit WAY up. I think it was 85 last I went through. There's basically nothing until you get to Houlton at the border, so they don't give a shit if you fly off a cliff.

I'm feeling bad just imagining a teenage you navigating a South Carolina summer.

No wonder you stayed up so late online - you were escaping the heat!
To be fair, I was an insomniac teenager in England. I didn't move to the US until 17, and my nocturnalness just continued because Isis worked the night shift at the hospital, but yeah, I guess I was ultimately hiding from the sun.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Still nothing on them sending a tech out to fix anything, nor on giving us anything to help in the interim.

We just grabbed a stand-alone unit that the wife saw discounted at ALDI, because fuck being uncomfortable because of someone else's apathy.

1000007228.jpg

Not ideal because there's literally only 1 window on my ground floor, tucked in the bathroom, but it's working well enough to vent heat outside with a few box fans to move the cool air flow into the main areas. I'm just keeping the blinds on the screen doors closed to keep the sun out on the other side of the house.

It's sitting around 72° inside again, so at least the kids aren't complaining anymore.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
They JUST sent someone to fix my A/C yesterday. Conveniently after I went in to the office to ask what the fuck they were playing at.

So I'm thankfully sitting at 70°F inside again.

1000007440.jpg

Outdoor sensor is in the shade. In the sun, it's frigging horrible and the air feels thick.

1000007441.jpg

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
38C with humdity today, and we're expected to have these temperatures up until next week.

Fuck summer.

Damn near all of North America is hot as fuck. We gon die.

They JUST sent someone to fix my A/C yesterday. Conveniently after I went in to the office to ask what the fuck they were playing at.

So I'm thankfully sitting at 70°F inside again.

View attachment 17868

Outdoor sensor is in the shade. In the sun, it's frigging horrible and the air feels thick.

View attachment 17869

IMG_8439.jpeg

IMG_8438.jpeg

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Speaking of upstate NY… is this your doing?

View attachment 17891
You mean the sale, or the corpse..?

Because not the sale, no.

I knew it was going to be about the reservoir as soon as I saw Rochester and corpse together, though. That's where my partners family are, so I definitely heard about the story.

Back
Top Bottom