• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sensitive First Presidential Debate of 2024

I love how the behind the scenes accounts of Trump's selection criteria makes it sound like Trump was picking a new dog.

(which I guess is not entirely inaccurate)
I like how he literally chose the businessman over the politicians.

This really was the Apprentice: Vice President Edition to him.

"The politician wouldn't violate the constitution for me, so I'll pick someone who will."

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

View attachment 18319

Consequences of their actions!
Funny enough this basically happened to my mother recently. She went to get her car washed while wearing a Trump t-shirt and apparently all the kids (car wash employs high school age kids and a little older mostly for the actual job of wiping down the cars after they come out and stuff) refused to wipe her car down because of it and some older guy ended up doing it for her and she gave him a fat tip.

Yet, it's perfectly ok to deny service to LGBTQ+ individuals simply because it goes against one's personal beliefs. Don't you love how these double standards work?
I remember reading about how a tow truck driver that loved Trump refused service to an elderly disabled woman stranded on the side of the road because she had a Bernie bumper sticker.

I hope if God is real, he's a Democrat.
No I mean this was a fad a few years back. People found paintings of Jesus and interposed quotes from big name Republicans into the picture, and it's really jarring and drives home the point that Jesus would never have agreed with any of these assholes about anything.

No I mean this was a fad a few years back. People found paintings of Jesus and interposed quotes from big name Republicans into the picture, and it's really jarring and drives home the point that Jesus would never have agreed with any of these assholes about anything.
I was just joking.

Biden appearing more open to stepping down; Obama and Pelosi putting more pressure on him to do so.
Right in time to listen to Trump and the RNC make me sick to my stomach with their "God saved me" bullshit.

If I hear that one more time... The fucking cult world they live in makes me physically ill.

Right in time to listen to Trump and the RNC make me sick to my stomach with their "God saved me" bullshit.

If I hear that one more time... The fucking cult world they live in makes me physically ill.
While flicking through the radio just now, I heard people talking about the ordeal and I shit you not, they talked about the narrative going around that God directed Trump to turn his head.

Makes you and me both sick.

Reactions: Jon
While flicking through the radio just now, I heard people talking about the ordeal and I shit you not, they talked about the narrative going around that God directed Trump to turn his head.

Makes you and me both sick.
I mean, that's nothing new and to be expected. The funny part is him saying blood was pouring out everywhere.

still hasn't reached out to the family BTW
But he kissed his firefighter's gear he placed on stage! I thought the subordinates were supposed to kiss the ring? Must had been the same kiss Fredo got in the Godfather then.

He was considering going to the funeral. Decided against it
And yet the husband was a devout Republican and the widow didn't speak to the FUCKING PRESIDENT THAT REACHED OUT TO HER AS A RESULT.

How do these people not see they are in a cult!?

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
because people who die in a shooting are suckers or losers or whatever. He doesn't want to be associated with such people.

See also: this is why he was so insistent on standing and fist pumping after the shooting, despite not being aware there was only one shooter and the threat was over. It goes back to toxic masculinity and his MO. He MUST not be seen as weak, at all costs. He must not associate with anyone who is perceived as weak.

Throughout history there have been similar...

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Can I just say, as a trans person, this right here scares the shit out of me:

So much ignorance, false information and outright misdirection in one "policy" plan that can radically impact the lives of so, so many people, and not just trans youths, as the policy makes clear, anyone of any age seeking gender affirming care. I really hate what this next four years is going to look like.

And yet the husband was a devout Republican and the widow didn't speak to the FUCKING PRESIDENT THAT REACHED OUT TO HER AS A RESULT.

How do these people not see they are in a cult!?

I do not understand, and feel bad for these women. They are so subservient to their husband's views

Would I take a call from Trump? No, but he wouldnt call in the first place, but he is a horrible POS and I dont take phone calls from pedophiles. In some alternate universe would I take a call from George W, Romney or McCain? Yes I would.

I do not understand, and feel bad for these women. They are so subservient to their husband's views

Would I take a call from Trump? No, but he wouldnt call in the first place, but he is a horrible POS and I dont take phone calls from pedophiles. In some alternate universe would I take a call from George W, Romney or McCain? Yes I would.
I would answer a call from any president.

Especially Trump. The satisfaction on hanging up on him would be so worth it.

So much ignorance, false information and outright misdirection in one "policy" plan that can radically impact the lives of so, so many people, and not just trans youths, as the policy makes clear, anyone of any age seeking gender affirming care. I really hate what this next four years is going to look like.
Yeah, and if they have their way, gender affirming care will be banned for all trans people. And based on that policy, it plans to systematically erase trans people from existence by setting definitions that base one's gender by sex at birth, and making sure that determines who you are.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, and if they have their way, gender affirming care will be banned for all trans people. And based on that policy, it plans to systematically erase trans people from existence by setting definitions that base one's gender by sex at birth, and making sure that determines who you are.
Nothing systematic about it, it's there in black and white, the outlining steps:

1721401156534.png
1721401176501.png

Also yay, Bernie!

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder

Also notice how none of the previous R standard bearers are at this convention

That is terrifying. Though honestly, we're all fucked if he gets elected. Women are still suffering from his last term. Immigrants will be next. And he literally said he would use the Justice department to go after his political enemies (which includes everyone here, if we're ever loud enough to get noticed).

Just want to emphasize though: I am not at all wanting to downplay your concern there. I know that as a heterosexual cis white male, I have less to worry about than most.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
That is terrifying. Though honestly, we're all fucked if he gets elected. Women are still suffering from his last term. Immigrants will be next. And he literally said he would use the Justice department to go after his political enemies (which includes everyone here, if we're ever loud enough to get noticed).

Just want to emphasize though: I am not at all wanting to downplay your concern there. I know that as a heterosexual cis white male, I have less to worry about than most.
Oh absolutely, Trump getting elected means everybody pays, no exceptions. Just as someone with a very specific concern that's become hyper-focused in the last several years, this is scary stuff!

Back
Top Bottom