TV Shows Fallout Teaser Trailer

So, I have extremely high hopes for this show. More than most shows, because I'd say Fallout is my favorite franchise in gaming. The art direction is solid - they really just used in-game models for stuff and made it happen. The only thing that can kill this for me is really bad writing - akin to the Halo TV show. I have never wanted to actually bring violence upon a showrunner more than I did for the Halo TV show. Everything was completely and undoubtedly Halo in the show - except for fucking Master Chief. They butchered him. They changed the lore on certain things that shouldn't be messed with. That, to me, was unforgiveable.

If the Fallout TV show can manage to add lore without retconning lore, then I think it will be hard to fuck up. The sets are just perfect, the makeup and the costumes are believable. For fucks sake, please no sex scenes with a Deathclaw and I think we're about to have a very solid game-to-TV port.

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So, I have extremely high hopes for this show. More than most shows, because I'd say Fallout is my favorite franchise in gaming. The art direction is solid - they really just used in-game models for stuff and made it happen. The only thing that can kill this for me is really bad writing - akin to the Halo TV show. I have never wanted to actually bring violence upon a showrunner more than I did for the Halo TV show. Everything was completely and undoubtedly Halo in the show - except for fucking Master Chief. They butchered him. They changed the lore on certain things that shouldn't be messed with. That, to me, was unforgiveable.

If the Fallout TV show can manage to add lore without retconning lore, then I think it will be hard to fuck up. The sets are just perfect, the makeup and the costumes are believable. For fucks sake, please no sex scenes with a Deathclaw and I think we're about to have a very solid game-to-TV port.

Agreed. I’ve been REAL apprehensive about this show from early on simply because I’m not familiar with the names attached to it beyond Amazon who picked it up… and my first reaction to that was hoping that they don’t fuck it up.

There’s a LOT of potential they can tap into with Fallout, and so far… it looks like they’re doing it right. The SFX for the ghouls leaves a little to be desired considering they looked a bit more convincing on the PS3, but that’s nothing that can’t be ironed out in season two when/if their budget expands beyond it’s already astronomical level.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Agreed. I’ve been REAL apprehensive about this show from early on simply because I’m not familiar with the names attached to it beyond Amazon who picked it up… and my first reaction to that was hoping that they don’t fuck it up.

There’s a LOT of potential they can tap into with Fallout, and so far… it looks like they’re doing it right. The SFX for the ghouls leaves a little to be desired considering they looked a bit more convincing on the PS3, but that’s nothing that can’t be ironed out in season two when/if their budget expands beyond it’s already astronomical level.

Based on the trailer alone it seems they at least have the tone down which is a good start.

I dont think Walton Goggins does this show either if its a terrible script

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Based on the trailer alone it seems they at least have the tone down which is a good start.

I dont think Walton Goggins does this show either if its a terrible script

Absolutely, I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the set design for a while, despite being a dick about it that was like “that’s just a still frame, though, they could have worked that for months”. If my only bitch about it is the ghoul special effects, I ain’t gonna be mad about it. We watched Power Rangers as kids, you know?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Honestly, when you look at ghoul design starting at the beginning of the franchise, they've progressively gotten less and less gross to where this feels almost on purpose.

I think it’s just the nose… I was expecting less of a void and more fleshy tissue. I just can’t help but think someone went up and said “gotcha nose” on set.

I hope that they have her visit broken down vaults and then flashback to when those vaults went to shit whenever she runs across a recording, letter, or terminal entry. You have to use your imagination whenever venturing into a dead vault.

People are strange.
does that make me a stranger

Edit: Of course I messed up the lyrics.

I'm not sure what to think. Oxhorn made some valid points about how they're already screwing a few things up, starting with the Brotherhood of Steel.

I'm not sure what to think. Oxhorn made some valid points about how they're already screwing a few things up, starting with the Brotherhood of Steel.
I'd say give it a chance. Oxhorn, while extremely resourceful, is in his own world sometimes. This video of his concerns are run so deep that I don't think he realizes the show is not going to get that far in. We know from the trailers that the BoS want to bring order to the wasteland, but didn't mention the focus on technology. That doesn't mean they won't be focusing on that primary objective. I can see where Ox is coming from, but he's cherry picking. I'm going to give it a chance no matter what. If it's anything like the Halo show, I'll just simply stop watching and never give it another shot.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So this is out now.

RT has it at 92% critic and 85% audience.

I'll probably at least give it a try to see what happens... maybe it'll finally convince me to give Fallout 4 a go (which conveniently is finally getting current-gen updates).

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
4 is the weakest of the 3 modern single player Fallouts but I still had a lot of fun with it. It does have one of the best characters in the entire mythos, and one of the DLCs adds even more to his story.

I think I might jump back into Fallout 76 a bit. It started off pretty trash but has had a pretty great turnaround, and it has maybe the nicest multi-player community I've ever witnessed.

Might check out the first episode tonight. Or this weekend at the latest.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD
I hate that I cant get my brain to watch shows till all episodes are available. In case I need to binge them all, I don't wanna be stuck.

Do me a favor, remind me when all episodes are up in a couple months lol.

I used to like that, but one I like that there can be more discussion with them not being all at once and two I track all the shows that I'm watching and I really like having them cleared out so clearing out one episode at a time and then getting the show off my to watch list is very satisfying

I used to like that, but one I like that there can be more discussion with them not being all at once and two I track all the shows that I'm watching and I really like having them cleared out so clearing out one episode at a time and then getting the show off my to watch list is very satisfying
I just don't like forgetting what happens in a long layoff lol

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Looks great, but I hope they don't screw up on the lore. The Brotherhood of Steel aren't exactly the heroes of the wasteland. Their sole purpose is collecting and hoarding technology. They take care of their own.

True, but different sects of the Brotherhood from different parts of the Wasteland could have differing viewpoints.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Well, we watched the first episode. I was expecting a single setting for the first season so they could keep the story tight and focused, but it seems like they’re hinting at the whole country being featured.

So far it seems like an accurate representation of what we all know.

My only complaint? Some unnecessary CGI. You mean to tell me that y’all had to animate dude throwing the bag into the Vertibird?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Was not expecting a Michael Rapaport cameo!

Loved that
you hear the power armor and the tough low voice then you get the helmet taken off and get Michael's higher pitched whiny voice

The cameo and conversation in episode 6 has been my favorite one so far.

Loved that
you hear the power armor and the tough low voice then you get the helmet taken off and get Michael's higher pitched whiny voice
Erik Estrada was my favorite. Then Chris Parnell.

Yes, I binged all but the last episode over the weekend as I adjusted my Outlaws of Thunder Junction deck.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

Loved that
I used to really love that guy.

Stay off of social media, kids!

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Just finished it! Yes, we watched it on our honeymoon but tbf, our travel time was 8-10 hours one way. We both really enjoyed it. I never played the games.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
They are good games, check them out, 1 & 2 are usually dirt cheap if not often given away for free

Somebody might come in and save the day to correct me or point her in the right direction, but I want to remember briefly reading a headline on one of the game pages I follow about the first two being free on some platform as part of a sale running now.

Somebody might come in and save the day to correct me or point her in the right direction, but I want to remember briefly reading a headline on one of the game pages I follow about the first two being free on some platform as part of a sale running now.

Would make sense given the show just came out

isthereanydeal.com is a great way to track game prices and get alerts

Back
Top Bottom