Connections! (and other wordle type games)

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
let's do a thing. I'm sure some/many/a lot of you played wordle when it blew up. and since then there have been dozens, hundreds of other variants. I played wordle very actively (until I randomly got it in 1 finally, and that kind of ended the fun).

but lately BigDaddy and I (and yes he'll get in here at some point) have been playing "Connections". so I'll start!

the gist is that you get 16 "things", they could be any category, and you have to group the 16 things into 4 specific categories with some joining feature. like once there were "spices beginning with the letter C" or "colors". but watch out! there are often words with multiple meanings thrown in!

Connections
Puzzle #18
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

you can play that here:

share yours, and share any other wordle type games you guys play.

Connections was way harder than I thought! Total fail at my first try!

Connections
Puzzle #18
🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺ🟦🟦
🟦πŸŸͺ🟦🟦
🟦πŸŸͺπŸŸͺ🟦

I frequent the traditional Wordle (513 Played, 100 Win %, 95 Current Streak, 161 Max Streak) but also enjoy playing Subwaydle a lot.

Basically, each guess must a be a valid subway trip involving 3 trains using available transfers between them. You need to guess a specific set of three trains that can make the trip. Sometimes the route is unfeasible to do in reality, but still possible from a technical standpoint. They also have a version for the London Underground for the UK folk. Though this may just be a niche for train nerds. :chuckle

It was grains (Barley, Rye, Oat, Spelt), universities (Duke, Brown, Howard, Rice), royal titles (King, Earl, Baron, Prince), and best director Oscar winners (Stone, Lee, Ford, Bong). I didn't know spelt was a kind of grain, and I didn't know Bong was a director's name.
Yeah that threw me.

Connections
Puzzle #21
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
trying to fairly analyze myself. royals would've jumped out immediately. but duke and brown would have. I feel like I would have used the universities first to narrow down the field. it would've taken me a bit to recall Howard and rice but none of the others would jump out at me.

so I'd commit. which would give me the royals straight away.

after that I think my eye would go to barley and rye. I'd probably then grab oat... then I'm actually wondering if I would've gotten one wrong here...

I don't know what spelt is, but none of the remaining words sound like they fit with grains, I think I would have 50/50d spelt and bong.

then if needed would've reversed it.

and then I would've had no clue what the last one was.

trying to fairly analyze myself. royals would've jumped out immediately. but duke and brown would have. I feel like I would have used the universities first to narrow down the field. it would've taken me a bit to recall Howard and rice but none of the others would jump out at me.

so I'd commit. which would give me the royals straight away.

after that I think my eye would go to barley and rye. I'd probably then grab oat... then I'm actually wondering if I would've gotten one wrong here...

I don't know what spelt is, but none of the remaining words sound like they fit with grains, I think I would have 50/50d spelt and bong.

then if needed would've reversed it.

and then I would've had no clue what the last one was.
I got the flours immediately thanks to celiac lmao

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I haven’t played this before. Are they all as easy as this puzzle?
Connections
Puzzle #22
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
some are harder than others.

this one had two straight up category right off the bat. it's rare to even have one straight up category, usually every category has at least 5 options and deciphering them all can be harder. the last two categories in this one were a bigger toss up for me, but given a past career path of yours may have been easier

Connections
Puzzle #24
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦

A couple words gave me pause, otherwise not too tricky.
I didn't know of Bounty bars since they aren't in the U.S., and I was pretty sure cochlea was part of anatomy and it fully clicked when I connected the other ear parts.
The first one in your spoiler got me too. I selected in the final group because it was the only option

Connections
Puzzle #24
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I agree completely. I find myself *often* not knowing what the final 4 will be and just going for it.

this time both of the last two categories were confusing me a little bit, it seemed like so many random words. then I finally saw the blue one.

Back
Top Bottom