• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Come up with new usernames for me

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I’m disappointed… 24 hours later and nothing really pops out.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
@Ben, we need to find out how to get around that pesky character limit.
I found one spot in the code where I believe I can exclude his user_id from the max-length validation check, but it'll only work on the self-inflicted username changes and not the ones done through the Admin CP. That's handled with a different function I haven't been able to isolate yet, and besides I'm a little more leery of messing with the ACP code.

I did try to just edit his username directly in the database table, but the field there is capped to 50 characters, so it only took "A big cranky duplicitous evangelical fiercely gua". While it might be possible to adjust the field-length of that column, again, jacking up the database just for sakes of jacking up Alu seems excessive.

So unless we're really committed to making it as hard as possible to log in, I think a 203 character name (removing special characters) might be off the table.

Alternatively I might be able to rig something up in the templates to just show X long-ass username for his ID, but that'll be a lot of various places to edit it to make sure it's replaced across the board, and it's not really a name change.

Sadly, he might be immune to excessively large forum-breaking ones.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I found one spot in the code where I believe I can exclude his user_id from the max-length validation check, but it'll only work on the self-inflicted username changes and not the ones done through the Admin CP. That's handled with a different function I haven't been able to isolate yet, and besides I'm a little more leery of messing with the ACP code.

I did try to just edit his username directly in the database table, but the field there is capped to 50 characters, so it only took "A big cranky duplicitous evangelical fiercely gua". While it might be possible to adjust the field-length of that column, again, jacking up the database just for sakes of jacking up Alu seems excessive.

So unless we're really committed to making it as hard as possible to log in, I think a 203 character name (removing special characters) might be off the table.

Alternatively I might be able to rig something up in the templates to just show X long-ass username for his ID, but that'll be a lot of various places to edit it to make sure it's replaced across the board, and it's not really a name change.

Sadly, he might be immune to excessively large forum-breaking ones.
Alternatively change it to:

A big cranky duplicitous evangelical fucktard

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Back
Top Bottom