• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[2025] NFL Season Thread

panthers gonna be the first team to go 0-17 this season :party
I dunno... Having watched what Dave Canales can do here in Tampa, if he REMOTELY can get Young to be like Baker, he has some good weapons now. Mingo is having a great camp. Brooks will be ok. And DJ is a good target hog. Sanders is an underrated TE.

I put the over under on the Panthers at 4.5 wins honestly.

panthers gonna be the first team to go 0-17 this season :party

Honestly it would be kind of cool because it won't be long until there's an 18-game season and they will forever be the only team that not only went 0 and 17 but could go 0 and 17

Excited for the Giants as always well maybe not as always but we got a nice new shiny wide receiver and hopefully are offensive line is now better and it couldn't get any worse, this is most likely Jones's last season so I'm really conflicted like I want him to do well but he's probably not and I'm afraid he's going to do just well enough to wear we cannot draft the QB we want nor will we be able to trade up

rktaker

Giants have their issues but they're not worst team in the NFL bad and that's kind of been annoying, we're not usually bad enough to get the best quarterback available and the one year we drafted second there was only one good quarterback
i mean the year we drafted Daniel Jones there were better options available, they didn't even need to draft Jones the spot that they did

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon
i mean the year we drafted Daniel Jones there were better options available,

Who? Not Haskins
they didn't even need to draft Jones the spot that they did
100% agree , had another 1st Rd pick

He had a solid rookie season, really did him a disservice firing his HC who was offensive minded and replaced him with Judge and Garrett

Say what you will about him, he had the talent to be a decent middle of the pack QB, but we ruined any chance of him being a decent qb

rktaker

Who? Not Haskins
i mean Haskins was ranked higher than him, even Lock was rated higher than him ( which makes him being on the giants now even funnier) and I don't want to say what if especially with Haskins but at the time it wasn't like Jones was the second best qb available and Kyler was just better by a wide margin there were other qbs ahead of Jones

i mean Haskins was ranked higher than him, even Lock was rated higher than him ( which makes him being on the giants now even funnier) and I don't want to say what if especially with Haskins but at the time it wasn't like Jones was the second best qb available and Kyler was just better by a wide margin there were other qbs ahead of Jones

Hindsight but looks like Jones is the second best QB in the class, which says more about the class than him IMO (and the NFL being so QB centric), so maybe our GM got a lot wrong but it seems like he at least saw who was the second best QB in a crap class

I think Drew Lock is an underrated QB that was drafted into a bad situation. I think Lock could be a decent starter in the NFL.

Cam

Slightly Insane
Who will be the starting QB for the Steelers? Fields or Russ? And whoever gets picked, will they be benched for the other after a few games? :p

Who will be the starting QB for the Steelers? Fields or Russ? And whoever gets picked, will they be benched for the other after a few games? :p
It's going to be Russ because of who Tomlin is, but it should be Fields. I know he hasn't looks great in the preseason, but neither has Russ, and Fields has a lot more potential than Russ at this point in their careers. This should be Fields' team with Russ as the vet backup.

Oh hey it's football. College has already started up as well, with FSU losing their opener while ranked number 10 to an unranked team.
I big reason why I will always like college football more than the NFL, I like both though, but sadly colleges becoming more and more like the NFL but hopefully it won't lose its whole identity

Cam

Slightly Insane
Most teams get better by adding players. Today, the Chiefs just got better by releasing one: Kadarius Toney is no longer on the Chiefs!

That guy has had such a weird career, and it's still early. I'm sure there's a third act coming of all this. Wonder what team takes a chance on his "potential" next.

Cam

Slightly Insane
No surprise, Steelers picked Russ to be the starter. Aiyuk also just signed a big extension with the Niners, so the rumors of trading for him are officially over.

No surprise, Steelers picked Russ to be the starter. Aiyuk also just signed a big extension with the Niners, so the rumors of trading for him are officially over.
Love how he signed for 3 mil per season less than asking and what the Patriots offered. They called his bluff.

But Aiyuk being one of the top 5 highest paid WR is a joke...

I'm ready for another season of Giants disappointment I'm also ready for commercial free Red Zone for 7 hours every sunday

You are a Giants fan? We can commiserate together

Eli Manning Dancing GIF

The worst thing about Brady as he's played for some teams that I despise, specifically New England Patriots and University of Michigan

Hed have been a lot more likeable on a lot of other teams
That's fair. I just happened to grow up in NE and then moved to TB. And his ability to bring winning franchises made me pull for those teams.

I still root for them as my hometown teams. But I pull more for players and teams I like. Which is nice to not feel TIED to one specifically.

At least in football. Still a diehard Bruins fan over Lightning.

That's fair. I just happened to grow up in NE and then moved to TB. And his ability to bring winning franchises made me pull for those teams.

I still root for them as my hometown teams. But I pull more for players and teams I like. Which is nice to not feel TIED to one specifically.

At least in football. Still a diehard Bruins fan over Lightning.

I liked him a bit more in Tampa, Tampa is kid of my second pro sport city. Dad's family is from Connecticut and we're all NY fans, and then we vacation a lot about an hour north of Tampa

• Respect
Reactions: Jon
I liked him a bit more in Tampa, Tampa is kid of my second pro sport city. Dad's family is from Connecticut and we're all NY fans, and then we vacation a lot about an hour north of Tampa
I get it. I was the same way with the Yankees growing up, honestly. Now, I still don't like teams, but the rivalries don't ruin my days lol.

I still get satisfaction when organizations I don't like have issues lol.

Back
Top Bottom