[2024] NFL Discussion: F5 Season Begins, Tee Higgins Demands Trade, Russell Wilson to the Stillers, Baker Mayfield Staying in Tampa

Austin Ekler is signing with the Commanders to a 2 year, 11.43 mil deal.

Also fuck Tiki Barber for continuing to shit on Saquon for signing with the Eagles. Saquon is pretty much from the area, gets paid a lot, and gets to play for a playoff caliber team.

Also also, Dak Prescott is apparently suing someone who tried to extort 100 million from him.

Fun fact - I was banging the Minshew drum from the day he was drafted by the Jags.

I used to play Dynasty FF and nabbed him in a Superflex, then boom, starter and great value.

Now I don't know anything.
Minshew is a serviceable starter. Like Brisett. You don't feel good if they have to be your starter. But a couple game spot starts and you feel good about him keeping your team in it.

He has an easy job. Pass to Adams and a few to Meyers lol.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Minshew is a serviceable starter. Like Brisett. You don't feel good if they have to be your starter. But a couple game spot starts and you feel good about him keeping your team in it.

He has an easy job. Pass to Adams and a few to Meyers lol.
For sure.

Sometimes having that serviceable starter who can fill the whole a bit each year gets undervalued.

I don't get the hype of McCarthy. All I saw him do is hand off all game and let the offensive line carry Michigan. Perfect for the Giants to pick.

Edit - missed a page of posts.

Brissett on a one year deal hopefully to just play and let whoever they draft sit. No reason to ruin another QB by throwing him into the team with no offensive line or skilled players. They have to draft whoever lands at 3 and let him sit. I don't care if its Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye - he needs to sit a year. They are going to suck next year no matter what, let Brissett lead the suck, he's a pro and can handle it.

I don't get the hype of McCarthy. All I saw him do is hand off all game and let the offensive line carry Michigan. Perfect for the Giants to pick.

Edit - missed a page of posts.

Brissett on a one year deal hopefully to just play and let whoever they draft sit. No reason to ruin another QB by throwing him into the team with no offensive line or skilled players. They have to draft whoever lands at 3 and let him sit. I don't care if its Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye - he needs to sit a year. They are going to suck next year no matter what, let Brissett lead the suck, he's a pro and can handle it.
McCarthy is a work in progress type of QB that will thrive in a game management style atmosphere like San Fran (but I could look like a serviceable QB in that system, but you know what I mean). Give him a situation where he has a solid RB and an alpha receiver he can just throw to and he'll be a good NFL QB.

The Patriots also resigned Mike Onwenu (thank god). So with him and Okorafor in the fold, they have a decent o-line this year. Their issue is they have no QB and no receivers. If they want to take the Pat Mahomes route and have a solid vet teach either Maye or Daniels for a season then I am a-ok with Brissett going back. This draft is loaded at WR and there are some rumors solid WR like Ladd McConkey may still be there at the 2.03 for them. Do the right thing, take a QB at 3 and get a solid WR at 35 and you'll be good. Don't take Harrison with no QB and DO NOT TAKE AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN like the latest rumor is. I like Joe Alt... but dear god...

Minnesota's QB strategy seems to imply they are tanking, but then they are signing a bunch of other players.

All I know is if I'm Justin Jefferson, I'd toss out a trade request and see if you get a bite. Having Darnold or the rookie that falls to them doesn't seem like a great option for him. And if he doesn't get traded, he's in the same spot he's in now.

Minnesota's QB strategy seems to imply they are tanking, but then they are signing a bunch of other players.

All I know is if I'm Justin Jefferson, I'd toss out a trade request and see if you get a bite. Having Darnold or the rookie that falls to them doesn't seem like a great option for him. And if he doesn't get traded, he's in the same spot he's in now.
They signed Aaron Jones though. I'd be interested in seeing if Jaran Hall could win in that situation. All he has to do is get the ball to his playmakers, of whom there are plenty... Jones, JJettas, Addison, Hock when he gets back. You don't need a superstar at QB there. Just an accurate passer. Hall was accurate in college.

Don't take Harrison with no QB and DO NOT TAKE AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN like the latest rumor is. I like Joe Alt... but dear god...

I always think about guys like Joe Thomas or other guys that were HoF level linemen... but their teams still sucked. As much as a good offensive line is a boon for a team ready to contend, if you have nothing to protect, what is the point? I agree, draft a QB and sit him. Since the QB is on a rookie deal, and you have so much cap space, spend on the offensive line, spend on a WR or two, spend at the other positions while you can. Draft a QB, then a WR if its the right guy, a CB to go across from Christian Gonzalez, and a pass rusher. Fill out the bottom of the draft with linemen you can develop.

Reactions: Jon
I agree. Lineman are legit a dime a dozen. Every season lines and players overperform. And every year there is a plethora of linemen to draft. Next year's draft class isn't great. No one really stands out. The Patriots aren't going to be good next season either, so punting on a class that HAS talent for one without would be stupid.

...how should I feel about this? Aside from the super big names like Caleb and Harrison, not too familiar with this class.
I don't mind McCarthy as a developmental prospect. He's light years better than Penix or Nix who are being touted as diamonds in the rough (but both are older than Justin Fields, so that should tell you something). I don't know how I feel about him in the middle of the first round, but he's better than Super Trooper and could be a serviceable starter with good coaching.

Personally, if I'm the Raiders, I'd look to the O-Line with my pick, or trade out, but that's me.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I don't mind McCarthy as a developmental prospect. He's light years better than Penix or Nix who are being touted as diamonds in the rough (but both are older than Justin Fields, so that should tell you something). I don't know how I feel about him in the middle of the first round, but he's better than Super Trooper and could be a serviceable starter with good coaching.

Personally, if I'm the Raiders, I'd look to the O-Line with my pick, or trade out, but that's me.
Based on that description... definitely not who I'd like to see them use a first on.

As a firm believer of winning the game in the trenches, I'd be happy with o-line or d-line of there are any suitable prospects available at that spot.

Based on that description... definitely not who I'd like to see them use a first on.

As a firm believer of winning the game in the trenches, I'd be happy with o-line or d-line of there are any suitable prospects available at that spot.
Yeah, if they didn't sign Wilkins, I would have said D-Line, especially since they have a defensive coach, but the signing allows them to go to the other side.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
It's about time the Henry to the Ravens happened. It's been rumored for three years.

Jameis isn't a bad QB, but he's a careless gunslinger. I like him and wished they'd have let him cook for Olave's career. I mean the fact Dalton started over him shows how big a disgrace Dennis Allen is.

Mixon to Houston is huge. Houston is a huge sleeper pick forme. I know they made the playoffs, but they could be dark horse contenders if the Chiefs don't address their WR woes. Baltimore is still a joke to me and Buffalo and Miami are overrated AF.

Keenan Allen has been traded to the Bears for a fourth round pick.

Well shit....

Wasn't really expecting the Chargers to mail it in. Lost Ekeler and Everett, cut Williams, trade Keenan... Like you HAVE the franchise QB and you're SELLING?!

RIP DJ Moore, but Williams is getting some help between Swift and Allen (and Moore). Poor Fields. Never given help or competent coaching, screwed from Atlanta or a good landing spot... now may not even have a starting gig next season.

Bears really fucked him.

I thought I read that the Chargers were in cap hell and needed to release players. Ekeler looked slow last year and is north of 30 so that makes sense, Allen is over 30 and expensive, Mike Williams is inconsistent and expensive. Jim Harbaugh is in place now and is looking to build it out. He's not given me any reason to doubt him yet.

Also they have the 5th pick, they will either draft the 2nd best WR or trade that pick and get some other picks later in the round to get WRs. Or if 3 QBs go off the board in succession which I think is happening with Washington trading Howell and the Patriots already basically committing to a QB - Joe Alt could go 4th leaving Harrison for the Chargers.

Chicago is basically putting all their chips in Caleb Williams' hands now. Let's see if he's as generational as they say.

I thought I read that the Chargers were in cap hell and needed to release players. Ekeler looked slow last year and is north of 30 so that makes sense, Allen is over 30 and expensive, Mike Williams is inconsistent and expensive. Jim Harbaugh is in place now and is looking to build it out. He's not given me any reason to doubt him yet.
Yes, they were in cap hell, and I expected them to let Ekeler and Everett walk. Williams' cut saved them $20mil. Allen was set to have a cap hit over $30mil. I get it, in the end. Just shocked by it. Most teams with the pieces they had were just looking for the franchise QB. They had that and the best receiver he has now is either Josh Palmer or an unknown Quentin Johnston. I see them trading down to take possible Bowers later (can't see them taking him at 5). But still... they went from one of the better offenses to one of the most depleted almost overnight. It's just weird. Losing Bosa or Mack seemed smarter than Allen in this instance.

Also they have the 5th pick, they will either draft the 2nd best WR or trade that pick and get some other picks later in the round to get WRs. Or if 3 QBs go off the board in succession which I think is happening with Washington trading Howell and the Patriots already basically committing to a QB - Joe Alt could go 4th leaving Harrison for the Chargers.
While I like me some Malik Willis, I can't see the Chargers staying at 5 now. There's rumors they'd just take Alt, but that would be silly now. They need to take Willis or Bowers I think. Someone to help Herbert. The Patriots are actually deciding between Harrison and a QB. I expect them to do the right thing and take Maye/Daniels, but I've seen teams do stupid things. Arizona will NOT pass on Harrison if he falls. They will likely take Willis if he doesn't. They lost Brown and are trading Rondale Moore to Atlanta for Ridder. The only receivers they have are Michael Wilson and Greg Dortch. They're taking a WR with that pick 100% (or they are stupid).

Which would make Rome Odunze the next one up. And I don't really like him to the Chargers. But stranger things have happened.

Chicago is basically putting all their chips in Caleb Williams' hands now. Let's see if he's as generational as they say.
I think he's going to be fine. But comparisons to Mahomes when the kid hasn't played a down in the NFL yet are beyond premature.

I didn't realized MHJ is 6'4. That guy has potential to be a monster.

I'm hoping that Maye lands with the Patriots. I haven't seen enough of Daniels to be confident, but Maye has long been considered the top pick if not for Williams. I don't like when pre-draft hype starts pushing guys up the board that shouldn't be there.

I didn't realized MHJ is 6'4. That guy has potential to be a monster.

I'm hoping that Maye lands with the Patriots. I haven't seen enough of Daniels to be confident, but Maye has long been considered the top pick if not for Williams. I don't like when pre-draft hype starts pushing guys up the board that shouldn't be there.
Yeah, like recent rumors of the Broncos trading up to 5 to take McCarthy? That level of stupid?

Yes, Harrison is an absolute beast. He's got his father's skillset but is bigger than him. He's going to be Jefferson/Chase levels of generational provided he doesn't go to a team that doesn't know how to utilize an alpha. Whether it's the Patriots or Cardinals, their gameplan needs to be to feed him 15 targets a game. That's it.

I was bigger on Daniels to the Patriots, but the more I looked into him, Maye has grown on me. The biggest knock on him is the division he plays in isn't known for high level of competition. But, he's got a little Josh Allen to his game that I think may be better than Daniels, who plays with the same reckless abandon Cam Newton did but with a better arm.

Back
Top Bottom