[2024] NFL Discussion: F5 Season Begins, Tee Higgins Demands Trade, Russell Wilson to the Stillers, Baker Mayfield Staying in Tampa

New NFL season starts at Noon EST. Lots of big news already hit the wire. Mike Evans signed a deal with the anticipation of staying in Tampa his whole career. Baker Mayfield reportedly signing with Tampa on a 3 year deal with 50 mil guaranteed. Tee Higgins is requesting a traded after the Bungles franchise tagged him. Stillers set to sign Russell Wilson for a single season. Browns traded for Jerry Jeudy.

Edit: Correction, the season is not officially starting today, but the "legal tampering" period does. Just fucking start the season...

Edit 2: No way I'll be able to keep up with every update. r/NFL has all the updates.

Last edited:
12 minutes in and still no long snapper news. NFL is slacking.
Gotta leave us wanting more.

Jon said:
As a Chase owner I hope to fuck they do trade Higgins.
Yep, I have Chase for one more year in my keeper league.

Chris Jones signed a 5 year extension with the Chiefs, but it's structured so they can get out of it in a few years if needed without it being too painful. Small cap hit for this coming year, so some flexibility to go for the three-peat. Obviously still a risk for a 30 year old defensive tackle and hope he doesn't get hurt. But he's also probably the most irreplaceable player on the defense.

The Chiefs tagged L'Jarius Sneed, and all reports are they will likely try to trade him. I would hate to see him go, as he and McDuffie make one of the best CB duos in the league, but the Chiefs are deep at corner and Veach has shown an ability to draft well in the secondary.

That Wilson pickup the Steelers made is making me scratch my head.
That's actually the one I question least. Pickett has been god awful. The Steelers needed competition for him and they are too far down the draft to get one (unless McCarthy falls to them, which I doubt at this point). So, signing him to a vet minimum while the Broncos pay him almost $40 mil to play for the Steelers seems like a smart move on Pittsburgh's part.

That said, I don't like Russ and he blows chunks, but hey, it still makes sense to me.

not enough blockbuster trades
It's not even that. But all the sensical signings didn't happen. Cousins was supposed to stay in Minnesota and Fields to the Falcons. Patriots were supposed to be in on Wilkins and lost him.

Not to mention letting the Eagles somehow AGAIN walk away with some of the best available players for reasons unknown to me....

I don't understand some of these moves.

they did it a week or so ago

Broncos got a 5th and 6th rounded, I believe.
Happy Lmao GIF by Gogglebox Australia

rktaker

seeing Barkley sign with division rivals really sucks. Giants are probably gonna be bad for a long time especially with them being stuck with Daniel Jones

Back
Top Bottom