• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Zell Wolf Zell Wolf 20 - Day 6

So:

1 villager down at the beginning
2 villagers down from cupid pairing (one came back but took the revive from a potentially more useful role)
1 villager imploded on another villager
1 villager killed another villager (the same one that caused the previous implosion)

And it still came down to the very end there lol. If we had stayed on Jawneh instead of switching back to Kelly it would have been a win for the town, right? Because Kelly had already used his Shadow?
This is true, but the wolves did really really well. Kat mentioned it, but the only reason they got discovered was because of process of elimination once there were 8 people left. I don't think an additional villager would have mattered much, because that process of elimination on day 3 wouldn't have been possible.

Also I'll mention the wolves won without the solo killer killing anyone at all.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
I was deadset for voting on you but it’s not like I’m a prick who won’t play with his team
But you led the charge on switching to Kelly? You didn't try to switch back to Jawneh until I finally switched to Kelly really late and it was too late to get both Kat and I to switch back.

Too much jumpiness. Next time we just need to stick with one.

• Shrug
Reactions: Kat
But you led the charge on switching to Kelly? You didn't try to switch back to Jawneh until I finally switched to Kelly really late and it was too late to get both Kat and I to switch back.

Too much jumpiness. Next time we just need to stick with one.
Oh with my comment about voting Kelly? That was partially a joke, partially you guys had swapped. That show sounds awful.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Oh with my comment about voting Kelly? That was partially a joke, partially you guys had swapped. That show sounds awful.
Huh? I didn't switch until after both of you moved lol.

I was the last to move to Jawneh, then shortly after I did you both made the joked about switching to Kelly and then both you and kat moved back. I called out how weird that felt on the last page.

THREE SHADOW WOLVES?! I did not see that coming.

Yeah but I wasn't going to, but then both Benzine and Kat moved so I did too. I'm trying to figure out why it was convincing enough.
It didn't seem like it mattered and Jawneh was being entertaining. I did wonder why he cared so much which one of them we killed first, but I figured he was just having some fun.

One day I'll learn not to be complacent. Maybe.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Definitely well played by the wolves. Congrats, you earned it. Especially with no wolf chat during the day the entire game, I'm guessing?
Correct. Even the day I was dead and they didn't Shadow, even after the 12 hour mark that they couldn't use it anymore, they still couldn't talk the rest of the phase. So no daytime communication.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
@Benzine i am like a greyhound when I have killing powers, so if you yell Squirrel it's already too late to take it back
I'm not kidding when I say watching you do your work as the Vigilante in Mafia was like when a kid watches a movie waaaay before they should, developmentally.

It  changed me.

Well, that was fun. Well done again to Jawneh.

I'm now technically 3/4 as a wolf, with my contributions being dying on day 1, getting sacrificed on day 2 and getting sacrificed whilst simultaneously saying nothing. Even the loss was to the Ants Headhunter shenanigans, where once again I died on day 1.

Some might call me the greatest freeloader in wolf history, but instead I am humbly declaring myself the greatest wolf player ever.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

I'm not kidding when I say watching you do your work as the Vigilante in Mafia was like when a kid watches a movie waaaay before they should, developmentally.

It  changed me.
100%. I'd kill every single night too if I had unlimited bullets that didn't kill me if I was wrong.

Well, that was fun. Well done again to Jawneh.

I'm now technically 3/4 as a wolf, with my contributions being dying on day 1, getting sacrificed on day 2 and getting sacrificed whilst simultaneously saying nothing. Even the loss was to the Ants Headhunter shenanigans, where once again I died on day 1.

Some might call me the greatest freeloader in wolf history, but instead I am humbly declaring myself the greatest wolf player ever.
Speaking of pacifist badges (in the dead thread), I feel like you should get one for being a wolf and not killing anybody except the dead body. I can give it to you if you want.

the worst thing about this game, by far, was the shoe thing
The... what?

I like the mechanic to reroll roles, but I think I'd get rid of being able to reroll other people. Imagine getting a role you'd been wanting for a long time then seeing it disappear. You know somebody is going to be mad eventually.
I loved being able to re-roll category because I was guaranteed to not be a wolf but could be anything else. I only re-rolled because I was alpha, I probably would have kept it if it had a power, but I was re-rolled anyway lol.

I loved being able to re-roll category because I was guaranteed to not be a wolf but could be anything else. I only re-rolled because I was alpha, I probably would have kept it if it had a power, but I was re-rolled anyway lol.
Sorry. I didn't read the message properly and thought we had to pick an option, so I picked you at random.

Agreed! Sometimes I want to play an evil, sometimes I don't want the stress. It's nice to have some options beyond not playing because I'm afraid I'll get a role I'm not up to playing or am sick of or whatever.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Was it guaranteed? I thought to re roll category you had to have someone else in a different category also chose to

• Agree
Reactions: Ben

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I was wondering if I could somehow meta game the re-roll mechanic somehow within the first day. The thought about switching categories not being able to happen unless others chose that as well. But that seemed to be too much brain work and gave up before actually trying.

Although @Zell 17 , maybe with the choice of re-rolling someone else can affect their category as long as someone else is re-rolling their own category. You'd probably have to put in a rule about not divulging any of that info though, as there's a chance to figure role categories out in that case.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I made another song version with the actions of the final part of the game, but ended up having to extend the song on Suno and I can't work out how to get it to combine the parts on that site.

So I just downloaded the parts and spliced them together with Audacity. Then I got spicy and felt like throwing a few wolf-howl sound effects in there.

View attachment Wolf 20_mix.mp3
(Verse 1)
Dawn breaks, but the scene is so tragic,
Detective found dead, it's some wild magic,
Torn up by wolves, or something more savage,
But the town ain't fazed, they just want their baggage.

Yo, career changes? That's the discussion,
While the priest Canadaguy makes a wrong assumption.
Splashes holy water on Tommy Boy's soul,
But heaven strikes back, priest pays the toll.

(Chorus)
Shadows fall, the village in dread,
Votes in secret, no one's dead.
Werewolves lurkin', wolves in disguise,
It's a game of shadows, where truth always lies.

(Verse 2)
Night comes quick, Quagmire meets fate,
Werewolves maul, it's a gruesome state.
Alu, his lover, can't handle the strife,
Takes his own hand, ends his life.

Jon, the Cupid, saw love go bust,
Crumbled to dust, just couldn't adjust.
Kat's water hits Dimmerwit straight,
Turns into a wolf, melts in black fate.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
"Not in management!" town folks cheer,
Except Vash, who's been there, year after year.
Arguing over who gets the noose,
But no one's got the votes to cut loose.

Next night, shortkut brews a wicked trick,
Slips Tommy Boy a potion, quick.
But wolves get shortkut, they don't play nice,
Revenge served cold, just like ice.

(Bridge)
Alu's back, crawlin' from the grave,
While Benzine dreams, can't be brave.
Ben claims arsonist, but he's fakin',
Werewolf in sheep's skin, town's mistaken.

(Verse 4)
Smacktard confesses, "Yeah, I'm a beast,
Work with us, we'll have a feast."
But Vash's vote brings it to a stand,
No one lynched, just part of the plan.

Then Benzine locks Ben with the preacher inside,
Weapon in hand, there's nowhere to hide.
Vash smashes Ben, turns him to dust,
Another wolf gone, who can you trust?

(Chorus)

(Verse 5)
Vash gets ripped by wolves in the dark,
Left in pieces, no more spark.
Local Hero tryna push the blame,
Played bodyguard, but it's all a game.

Smacktard's lynched, gave up his game,
But the night's still young, it's all the same.
Benzine locks Jawneh and Local away,
No deaths tonight, but who will pay?

(Bridge 2)
Alu checks Jawneh, sees the evil glow,
The village votes, Local's gotta go.
Kat and Alu feel like they've won,
But Jawneh's got plans, it's just begun.

(Verse 6)
Final power drops, shadow falls thick,
Jawneh's got votes, he plays it slick.
Village gives up, no more fight,
Alu's dead by the end of the night.

Jawneh stands, last one alive,
Evil wins, the wolves survive.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
The tale of the town, the wolves won the game,
But the secrets they kept are all the same.
In the end, it's just survival at stake,
Where trust is broken, and hearts do break.

Back
Top Bottom