Zell Wolf Zell Wolf 16 - Day 3

Who should the village lynch? (4 votes required)

• Benzine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jawneh

• Kat

• rktaker

• shortkut

• VashTheStampede

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day will start at 10 AM ET.

Dictionary: https://gwforums.com/threads/zell-wolf-role-dictionary-and-hall-of-fame.427/

Here's the list of players:

Alu
Benzine
dimmerwit
Fool's Requiem
Jawneh
Kat
Local Hero
rktaker
shortkut
Smacktard
Tommy Boy

VashTheStampede

And here are the roles:

Village team:
3x Random Strong Villager
5x Random Regular Villager

Note: There will be NO MORE than one person who has a "speak with the dead" role. There will also be no more than one person with a "lock players up at night" role. There may be none of either, but there won't be multiple.

Wolf team:
3x Random Wolf

The random werewolf can be any of the numbered wolves (except regular werewolf) listed in the dictionary.

Solo team:
1x Random Killer

Wildcard Role:
Fool/Headhunter/Werewolf Fan/Cupid

If the Werewolf Fan is selected, one random wolf will become the Sorcerer.

Rules:
Nights will be 12 hours and days will be 24 hours. The end of the next period will be clearly posted.

You may edit your posts for clarity. If you edit out an action (like shooting someone) and you get caught I'm killing you.

Votes will be conducted via poll. The poll will close exactly at the deadline. You have unlimited changes until that point. If this sucks we'll go back, even if it's mid-game (not mid-day).

There will be a minimum number of votes required to lynch. Usually this number will be around the number of villagers / 2 - 1. In the event of a tie, nobody is lynched. In the event that the minimum number of votes is not reached, nobody is lynched.

Skips require a skip vote from every player. They'll be posted in the forum as usual. Once you vote to skip, you cannot unskip.

Night events will go in the following priority order regardless of when the PMs are sent to me:

Wolf Nightmare activates
Beast Hunter picks up trap (if moved)
Wolf Shaman/Confusion activates
Medium/Ritualist revive spell
Wolves break out of warden prison
Warden weapon used
Wolf seer check
Blind Wolf check
Illusionist disguise
Flagger redirect
Doctor protect
Bodyguard protect
Witch protect
Tough Guy protect
Violinist check
Detective check
Aura Seer check
Voodoo wolf / Librarian mute
Marksman shot
Witch kill (if not killed by marksman, otherwise potion unused)
Jailer kill (if not killed by marksman/witch)
Red Lady visit
Revived players return from the dead (cannot be targeted by wolves/solo in same night)
Solo killer attack
Wolf berserk mode activates
Wolves kill
Spirit Seer/Sheriff check
Beast Hunter places trap
Cupid selection

In the event that two of the same role perform the exact same action, they will both be credited.

Please do not talk about the game outside of the designated threads. This is honor system. When you die, you will gain access to a special forum that is already set up. The ritualist will have access to this forum at night. If you are revived by the ritualist, you will lose access. Please use this forum for all discussion by dead players about the game. Alive players can talk during the main thread during the day.

It is possible, if very unlikely, for the game to end in a tie if every single player is killed. The game also ends in a tie if there are no deaths for three straight days and nights.

Winning Conditions:

Village: Kill all wolves and the solo killer.

Wolves: Kill the solo killer. Once the wolves make up half the total players, the wolves win, regardless of the roles remaining.

Solo Killer: Kill all other players.

Wildcard Role: Satisfy your winning condition. Your winning condition trumps any other that may occur at the same time. (For example, if you lynch the fool and it creates a situation where there are 3 wolves left and 3 villagers, the Fool wins only).

Last edited:

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I’ve got nothing right now, to in order to apologize to @Jawneh for earlier, I will vote @Benzine . Subject to change later
Always a great choice!

And now I can post!

So no kill last night. Do we have a whole fleet of doctors, bodyguards, flaggers, here this game?

Also we got 1 or 2 wolves left now. I only say that since we don't know the roles of the dicks kills. Might be good to go after just one sus person and possibly be surprised and delighted the game ends if they're a wolf. Or the game continues and there's one more still alive.

rktaker

i’m suspicious of both Benzine and dimmerwitt.both haven’t been that active, Dimmer less than Ben and hasn’t really contributed much to the conversation

Last edited:

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
@Jawneh I've been thinking, maybe you were right about Tommy being protected that night. If he was really jailed, then they'd know he was safe, which would explain not using confusion. It could also explain why they went after Alu, maybe they assumed (perhaps correctly) he did go after Tommy and only failed due to him being in jail.

Alternatively, Alu killed the confusion wolf the first night. It's hard to know without any kills last night. I think one or both happened though, for them to go after Alu like that. Anyway, it probably doesn't matter.

Another possible explanation for no wolf kills: they hit the werewolf fan. A sorcerer would explain how they knew Alu's role (a seer is also possible). I don't think they figured out just by attacking him and having it fail; that could've just been protection. So there's 1-3 wolves left.

I think dimmerwit just took lessons from the "Benzine School of Staying Under the Radar in Wolf Games". Not necessarily an indication of badness.
Maybe, but staying under the radar is suspicious and not helpful. @dimmerwit @Benzine anything you can add to the conversation to be helpful?

Last edited:

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Always a great choice!

And now I can post!

So no kill last night. Do we have a whole fleet of doctors, bodyguards, flaggers, here this game?

Also we got 1 or 2 wolves left now. I only say that since we don't know the roles of the dicks kills. Might be good to go after just one sus person and possibly be surprised and delighted the game ends if they're a wolf. Or the game continues and there's one more still alive.
Flaggers would still result in a kill.

If somebody was notified of a successful attack, that'd be good information to have. That'd tell us that person isn't a wolf and that they didn't hit the fan.

I'm a protector and kut has said he is too, so there's no reason for people to hold back on info because they're afraid of being targeted. We can protect you.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
@Jawneh I've been thinking, maybe you were right about Tommy being protected that night. If he was really jailed, then they'd know he was safe, which would explain not using confusion. It could also explain why they went after Alu, maybe they assumed (perhaps currently) he did go after Tommy and only failed due to him being in jail
That is true. So maybe night 2 they found Alu and decided to kill him off with Tommy's avenger? How does one kill Alu normally anyhow? The joke aside, kind of makes sense as it tends to be fairly hard to convince the town to go after Alu until late game.

Alternatively, Alu killed the confusion wolf the first night. It's hard to know without any kills last night. I think one or both happened though, for them to go after Alu like that. Anyway, it probably doesn't matter.
I was thinking confusion died off already as there hasn't been another pop yet. Or maybe we get something today. We shall see.

Another possible explanation for no wolf kills: they hit the werewolf fan. A sorcerer would explain how they knew Alu's role (a seer is also possible). I don't think they figured out just by attacking him and having it fail; that could've just been protection. So there's 1-3 wolves left.
Then there is no other wolf to be really afraid of anymore is there? Confusion, sorcerer, potentially converted fan. From what I've seen, converting the fan tends to hurt the wolves more than help, unless they got unlucky with their choice of murder. I'd still rather leave the last wolf spot open so that we don't tunnel vision into thinking it's the sorcerer.

Flaggers would still result in a kill.
I was just listing folks that can protect. :sad I didn't think the logistics beyond that lol.

I'm a protector and kut has said he is too, so there's no reason for people to hold back on info because they're afraid of being targeted. We can protect you.
Hey, I'll take one of those then! I'm not ashamed of being a bit selfish.

I think dimmerwit just took lessons from the "Benzine School of Staying Under the Radar in Wolf Games". Not necessarily an indication of badness.
More like, staying down under the radar.

Cool Cool Cool Community GIF

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Sure. Just give us some actionable info. :tease
To do that, I'd have to skip on my fishing expedition. :sad Though after considering the pros and cons of sticking to that, it doesn't necessarily work out.

Well, I got some info.

I was jailed last night. I confided to the jailer and they know what my role is. They also gave me their name as well.

Considering the jailer has yet to do a murder, I don't think it's great for them to come forward to corroborate anything yet. The only real crux of all.pf this currently is the order of operations of whon potected who, who got jailed, and who the wolves targeted. If they got a seer of some sort, they might already know me and/or the jailer. If not, we can obfuscate some info still from them.

But I leave that for you and the rest to decide. We'd potentially have you, me, the jailer, amd potentially kut in our troop. If we leave the roles and identities a secret for now, I can point towards a potential suspect.

... errr, unless we want to tin foil hat more for a moment and get through one new scenario first.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
To do that, I'd have to skip on my fishing expedition. :sad Though after considering the pros and cons of sticking to that, it doesn't necessarily work out.

Well, I got some info.

I was jailed last night. I confided to the jailer and they know what my role is. They also gave me their name as well.

Considering the jailer has yet to do a murder, I don't think it's great for them to come forward to corroborate anything yet. The only real crux of all.pf this currently is the order of operations of whon potected who, who got jailed, and who the wolves targeted. If they got a seer of some sort, they might already know me and/or the jailer. If not, we can obfuscate some info still from them.

But I leave that for you and the rest to decide. We'd potentially have you, me, the jailer, amd potentially kut in our troop. If we leave the roles and identities a secret for now, I can point towards a potential suspect.

... errr, unless we want to tin foil hat more for a moment and get through one new scenario first.
Did they give an explanation for letting Tommy live?

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Did they give an explanation for letting Tommy live?
Sadly our conversation just went roughly like this:

Jailer: Sup?
Me: *spilled all my beans and info and also rambled on for a good long posts worth of stuff*

11 hours later.

Jailer: I'm [redacted] and other things
Me: *still asleep as the message was delivered around 8 or 9 and I didn't get up until like 11ish*

So uhh... our conversation didn't pan out that far into the future sadly. I didn't think to ask about Tommy either so nothing on that front. :shrug

Speaking of which, I should probably reply back to the last message.

To the Jailer,
The person mentioned, depending on how you feel, you could jail and kill them to be sure, or go with one of the other people we don't know about. My current sus list consists of Fool and rk. And for all the nosy people reading my message to the jailer, the person we were talking about may or may not be Fool or rk. So don't try to sus things out. Feels and vibes, man.

Also also also. We may not want to vote anyone today, in consideration that there's a sorcerer and a converted fan, lynching a townie and wolves getting a kill tonight would let them win. In that scenario we'd be 5-3 right now and go down to 3-3. Or, we lynch, jailer jails and kills, and hopefully we either bag a wolf or there was no sorc/fan around at all and this was all extra worrisome. Just some thought.

FR, why did you assume Alu was ED rather than a strong villager or SV or even alpha wolf? That was quite the lucky guess.
suuuuuuper lucky guess

That's why I kept reemphasizing that I was not sure at all. I picked a number at random, it came back as "Unknown" and I instantly voted him when the day phase began hoping someone would know something more concrete and not asphalt.

In no way could have ever assumed that I would be right, especially after I randomly guessed him as the Great White Shark in Tubby's last game. Just total luck.

rktaker

we still have whoever Kat investigated last day phase that came back as unknown aura, I know that doesn't really mean anything, and if it is me than I realize how bad that looks. there's also possibly a gunner out there that hasn't taken one of their shots yet. might be holding back on waiting for some more information, or is waiting to make sure they kill a definite wolf

Maybe, but staying under the radar is suspicious and not helpful. @dimmerwit @Benzine anything you can add to the conversation to be helpful?
Okay, I will try, but I don't have any actually useful information like you do. I also would like to say that I like not participating for ages, and then getting into the business end and reading all the threads fresh. I don't think we are there yet, and I sense some unnecessary unrest that may result in a quiet person being killed.

The wolves must have a seer otherwise how would they know Alu is ED? Unless they didn't know Alu was ED. As a loser wolf in the past, I am pretty sure the wolves would've wanted to keep the ED alive? It feels like Tommy would've only said that to try and stay alive... If they knew Alu was the ED, and believed that Tommy was dying (he was), Tommy would've given instructions to the ED to help maximise their kills. Take ya pick.

What are the states in which no one could've died? No attack made, no one to kill, werewolf fan, and protection.

Not that I'm the most astute reader but I am pretty sure there are no claims of protection been made? It wasn't me, I would've claimed my greatness had I. I think if you have protected someone, you should say so, to help us know where we stand. And your role, unless flagger (which you aren't) isn't important enough to hide.

No attack made? Possible but... not happening, not worth thinking about.

No one to kill? Maybe both targeted Kat? That works for the other night, but what about last night?

Werewolf fan attacked? Could be, and we wouldn't hear about it. This is why we need to hear about protection. Because it can really only be werewolf fan attacked, or someone protected, last night, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So my main message is if you are saving people please say so (or stopping people from doing actions?), otherwise I think it's most likely that the werewolf fan has been killed on one of these two nights. I don't want to fully say Kat was double targeted, because we've been told many times that killing seers aren't even that good.

So... I mostly want to hear if people protected or not... And then, if no one did, I would probably want to skip the day because there's no information worth going on, and we're ahead of the pace required to win as the town.

Work time!

Likewise, I've been quieter simply because I've had no concrete information to add. Days 1 and 2 were dominated by Kat's claims against Tommy, which we chose not to pursue on day 1 but went for on day 2.

I'm a little wary of the numbers given that (I believe) there could be 3 wolves left alive.

rktaker

maybe others disagree but I don't think not having concrete information is a reason to not really talk, I've been talking and have no concrete information. even when Kat had concrete information and we didn't act on it because we didn't know it was concrete. we still discussed on it though.

maybe others disagree but I don't think not having concrete information is a reason to not really talk, I've been talking and have no concrete information. even when Kat had concrete information and we didn't act on it because we didn't know it was concrete. we still discussed on it though.
You wanting to talk has absolutely no bearing on what other people need to do. This statement only serves to make people look bad without any actual substantive information.

rktaker

You wanting to talk has absolutely no bearing on what other people need to do. This statement only serves to make people look bad without any actual substantive information.
except like Kat said we can't wait for concrete information cause it might never come, i'm not not trying to make someone look bad for not talking. I want to see who they suspect and why and have a discussion about it. that's what the game is about. again even with Kat's first claim we had a discussion about it it wasn't like "oh I guess Kat has concrete info let's vote for Tommy boy immediately"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom