Zell Wolf Zell Wolf 16 - Day 2

Who should the villagers lynch? (5 votes required)

• Benzine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dimmerwit

• Fool's Requiem

• Jawneh

• Kat

• rktaker

• shortkut

• VashTheStampede

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Fixing Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats
I don't know how the groups are setup for Wolf and who is supposed to have what, so I have defer to someone that knows what's what there. So...uhh...@Mark perhaps?

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
@Jawneh thoughts on last night's kills or lack thereof?
Yes. Kind of. It's all complicated. There's either some very fun theory crafting nonsense going on around here that I'm very eager to delve into. But not now as it is like 230am. Heck this and get me some sleep.

But I'd appreciate a random @ or quote for me for later when I'm around again.

As a #vibecheck from yesterday, I'm throwing my vote for Vash. Do I got any evidence against him? Naw. He just didn't sit right with me. I'm okay switching to Tommy if we want to follow Kat.

Yes. Kind of. It's all complicated. There's either some very fun theory crafting nonsense going on around here that I'm very eager to delve into. But not now as it is like 230am. Heck this and get me some sleep.

But I'd appreciate a random @ or quote for me for later when I'm around again.

As a #vibecheck from yesterday, I'm throwing my vote for Vash. Do I got any evidence against him? Naw. He just didn't sit right with me. I'm okay switching to Tommy if we want to follow Kat.
@Jawneh , Are you suggesting that his gunner move didnā€™t work because wolves do not have opposable thumbs, and as such, are unable to properly wield guns?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
this is a great video thanks for sharing

I showed my kid this once a few months ago (I watched it live when it originally aired) and I didn't realize how often I say "you fool" around the house because now every time I do it, even softly, its echoed by my kids elsewhere in the house yelling it at full volume now.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Iā€™ll kill the poll and recreate it once Iā€™m at a computer.

Iā€™m convinced everything wrong is because Iā€™ve been trying to run this game on mobile the last two days
I was having issues even accessing the site via mobile app yesterday so perhaps there were some underlying issues at play.

rktaker

Oh. We now have confirmation that there was an aura seer right? Unless the RK actually just decided to kill the dead body by choice.
i didnā€™t, i wonder why you would think Iā€™m the evil detective though. actually disregard this i misread, still early in the morning for me lol
also interesting that the wolves didnā€™t kill anyone and with the dead body being killed we somehow have less information than the first day

Last edited:
i didnā€™t, i wonder why you would think Iā€™m the evil detective though. actually disregard this i misread, still early in the morning for me lol
also interesting that the wolves didnā€™t kill anyone and with the dead body being killed we somehow have less information than the first day
Lol sorry. RK = Random Killer and is another way used to mention the solo killer roles.

Also I reread it while awake yesterday, so Zells post day 1 explains the dead body.

Normally the first regular villager killed would be swapped with the dead body and take the dead body role. Confusion meant no one would know if a regular villager was killed, meaning it didn't happen then. An aura seer was then killed without confusion, so it's the first official regular townie death and that person switched.

Therefore: Kat was killed and has been switched to a new role that the dead body had (which she confirmed earlier). She was a aura seer and saw Tommy as red. Tommy is bad boy who we are able to vote for now.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't know how the groups are setup for Wolf and who is supposed to have what, so I have defer to someone that knows what's what there. So...uhh...@Mark perhaps?

The actual permissions for the Wolf forums are so rudimentary that I doubt that would be an issue. Theyā€™re essentially private sub-forums with individual user permissions added as-necessary. The only ones with ā€œfull-timeā€ permissions are the GMā€™s, and they only relate to their individual games. If this forum were to have a mod, even the mod would only have access to specifically unlocked forums.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I am very sorry y'all but I am having problems getting my head completely around the Dead Body thing with the Confusion thing and this might be a really stupid suggestion:

Is it possible that Kat is the Evil Detective and knew she killed the Aura Seer under confusion and is trying to claim that role?

rktaker

I really don't want to just piggyback and vote for Tommy, so I'm gonna wait just a little bit longer to see if we get any more information before deciding on something, because right now still the only thing we have is Kat's claim about Tommy having evil aura and both literal and in game (possibly) confusion over the dead body

On the dead body, particularly because there are new players:

The "dead body" is assigned a role like any other player. With the expectation that someone will die night 1, the idea is that the dead body will replace whoever gets killed and everyone will get to play night 1. Confusion threw a bit of a monkey wrench into the idea, because it's possible that someone could inherit a provable role.

For example, let's say the dead body was the Gunner and Kelly was an Aura Seer. Kelly gets killed and inherits the Gunner role. Well Kelly could then double dip - He got Aura seer information, and they could prove it by shooting someone and unmasking the confusion effect.

So what could have happened with the dead body being killed last night? An Aura Seer could have been killed, and then they swapped their Aura Seer role with whatever the dead body drew. Or, the dead body could have been an Aura Seer to begin with, and killed directly.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I am very sorry y'all but I am having problems getting my head completely around the Dead Body thing with the Confusion thing and this might be a really stupid suggestion:

Is it possible that Kat is the Evil Detective and knew she killed the Aura Seer under confusion and is trying to claim that role?
Confusion is caused by the wolves (evil detective doesn't hide roles), so I don't think they even know who they killed the first night. Actually that could explain why the ED went after only me and not Tommy, right? It could theoretically knock the wolves down to one left. And that would be bad for the ED.

The wolves would know who was killed the first night, but there's not any advantage I can see to claiming aura seer just because an aura seer was killed under confusion. And anyway an aura seer was definitely killed the second night without confusion, and nobody else has claimed their role switched afterwards.

I need some old fashioned role claims to go over like doing practice math puzzles after summer break
They call me Dr. Kut, Medical Butt. I protected you because I think you have a killing role but no one attacked you that I am aware of. I assume we have other protection roles as well or else Tommy dropped the ball

There's still a chance Tommy is innocent because he was simply enchanted. @Tommy Boy you've got four votes. Any defense you want to put up? What'd you do the last couple of nights?

@Jawneh tagging for your follow-up post.
What are the odds you and the wolf shaman targeted the same person?

Also, can someone check the order of actions to see if a wolf shaman would even impact an aura seer check?

So Kat was targeted by the Evil Detective last night?

So there's a chance the wolves targeted her too, and that's why no wolf kill?
I think that is the most likely scenario. Aura Seer may have difficulty locating an Evil Dick, but not a Wolf (besides the Alpha, Sorcerer, and Werewolf Fan).

TBH, I don't understand why the Evil Dick targeted Kat at all... AS is no danger to them. Spirit Seer is.

rktaker

also question, just for being new but since Kat said the person she checked last night had an unknown aura and it could mean that it's a villager with a strong role, wouldn't the aura still come out as good because they're a villager?

also question, just for being new but since Kat said the person she checked last night had an unknown aura and it could mean that it's a villager with a strong role, wouldn't the aura still come out as good because they're a villager?
No, there are a number of Townie roles that come up as "Unknown." Alpha Wolf and SVs also comes up at "Unknown", too.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
The actual permissions for the Wolf forums are so rudimentary that I doubt that would be an issue. Theyā€™re essentially private sub-forums with individual user permissions added as-necessary. The only ones with ā€œfull-timeā€ permissions are the GMā€™s, and they only relate to their individual games. If this forum were to have a mod, even the mod would only have access to specifically unlocked forums.
Word. I dug through everything in the ACP but there really isn't much in there, at least around Poll options. If anything I think the "show who votes" is only configurable on the poll itself, so I had tried editing the poll in this thread to toggle that off and then back on again. If it's still whack I'll see whether there's anything flagged weird in the DB, but it shouldn't be that complicated to solve. šŸ™ƒ

EDIT: The only thing I've changed recently was making changes to the Unregistered usergroup to keep them out of a few nodes. I think I did FOG, Voting Booth, Chit-Chat. That shouldn't have affected anyone who's logged in, though.

Last edited:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Word. I dug through everything in the ACP but there really isn't much in there, at least around Poll options. If anything I think the "show who votes" is only configurable on the poll itself, so I had tried editing the poll in this thread to toggle that off and then back on again. If it's still whack I'll see whether there's anything flagged weird in the DB, but it shouldn't be that complicated to solve. šŸ™ƒ

EDIT: The only thing I've changed recently was making changes to the Unregistered usergroup to keep them out of a few nodes. I think I did FOG, Voting Booth, Chit-Chat. That shouldn't have affected anyone who's logged in, though.

Yeah, dude, the poll options are absolutely garbage compared to even vB2. I donā€™t know why or when they decided that stripping admin access out of polls was something they needed to do. I went through all of those options when we first started the wolf games here, and I had to disappoint @Zell 17 and the other GMā€™s with the bad news.

• Hide the Pain
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, dude, the poll options are absolutely garbage compared to even vB2. I donā€™t know why or when they decided that stripping admin access out of polls was something they needed to do. I went through all of those options when we first started the wolf games here, and I had to disappoint @Zell 17 and the other GMā€™s with the bad news.
I truly never appreciated vBulletin until I got into this abusive relationship with XenForo. šŸ˜­

There's gotta be some addon that fleshes the permissions back out more, but there shouldn't need to be.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I truly never appreciated vBulletin until I got into this abusive relationship with XenForo. šŸ˜­

There's gotta be some addon that fleshes the permissions back out more, but there shouldn't need to be.

We had no clue how good we had it until it was gone. From what Iā€™ve heard, current vB is even worse.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What are the odds you and the wolf shaman targeted the same person?
1/12 I guess? Not high, but certainly not impossible.

Also, can someone check the order of actions to see if a wolf shaman would even impact an aura seer check?
Wolf Shaman/Confusion activates
Aura Seer check
So yes, it can.

So Kat was targeted by the Evil Detective last night?

So there's a chance the wolves targeted her too, and that's why no wolf kill?
@Zell 17 if both the wolves and ED attacked me last night, would I have been killed by the second attack, or does the switch with the dead body not happen until the morning?

Another possibility is the wolves hit the ED.

TBH, I don't understand why the Evil Dick targeted Kat at all... AS is no danger to them. Spirit Seer is.
I've been thinking about this a lot. My best guess is it's because they don't want to kill any wolves. Which means anybody likely to be a townie is going to be a target. Keep that in mind, protection roles.

Check the role dictionary posted at the beginning of the first post. It says all the roles' auras. Unknown aura is unknown because they could be on any team

@Zell 17 if both the wolves and ED attacked me last night, would I have been killed by the second attack, or does the switch with the dead body not happen until the morning?

So keep in mind the only purpose of the dead body is to swap in for someone after the kills are done. So take it like a normal game: If the solo killer and wolves attacked the same person, the wolves wouldn't kill anyone since their target was dead (unless they split votes).

No, fools was right. Alu is the Evil Detective.
There's still a chance Tommy is innocent because he was simply enchanted. @Tommy Boy you've got four votes. Any defense you want to put up? What'd you do the last couple of nights?

@Jawneh tagging for your follow-up post.
I was put in jail last night so I couldnā€™t do anything. But I do know that Alu is the Evil Detective and is a better choice than killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom