• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

"Where are they now" thread

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Ironic, since he is now out -- and flamboyantly so.
Super, super common cover to repress. Overcompensate in other areas to throw people off the trail. Also denial is a strong motivator until you're ready to be honest with yourself.

Love Is Love Rainbow GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Super, super common cover to repress. Overcompensate in other areas to throw people off the trail. Also denial is a strong motivator until you're ready to be honest with yourself.

Love Is Love Rainbow GIF by Pudgy Penguins
And then when you finally break free from those shackles, and it's like a COMPLETE transformation. I know someone in high school who repressed their homosexuality until university, and when he came back home for Thanksgiving break, he was EXTREMELY flamboyant. He was like a totally different person.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
And then when you finally break free from those shackles, and it's like a COMPLETE transformation. I know someone in high school who repressed their homosexuality until university, and when he came back home for Thanksgiving break, he was EXTREMELY flamboyant. He was like a totally different person.
Oh it's liberating. It's the type of weight off your shoulders that just cannot be expressed. The ability to be your real self is something you long for your whole life that sometimes you go too far in the other direction at first and it takes a while to reel it all back in to find that happy medium, but you have to test the waters :)

was like a totally different person.
Can relate, lol.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Lol I remember people having arguments on how to pronounce it, there were two sides, and I am literally the only person who pronounces it "pie my" with two long i sounds. Still do.

Also that's awesome for Tom, but I thought he was already out as a bisexual years ago?
Peemee

I remember for a long time everyone had "Tommy's Mom" set as their location for some reason, I noticed but I never asked why. Then one day (after this had been going on forever) during one of the super rare occasions I had joined iirc chat Tommy suddenly asks WAIT WHY IS EVERYONES LOCATION TOMMYS MOM, and somebody was just like "because they're all in her". Lol

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Y’all still over here trying to debate the pronunciation of “PIMI” 20+ years later, ignoring the fact that the name of the forum was “Peering Into the Mind of an Idiot” for a REASON.

This is why I love this place.

• They're Not Wrong
Reactions: Ben
I see where I started helping Brig with HorridThinking site admin stuff around June 2004, then I think her and I were dating by August 2004, and I left the UK for the last time around November 2005 when we got married. It was either right before I left, or just after I got to America, that I was bumped to GW admin... I feel like it was probably when still in the UK though, so summer 2005.
I remember you were in America by then because you were one of the people who got a launch 360 and I was very jealous since the console didn't launch in Singapore for 4 months.

• Respect
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Lol I remember people having arguments on how to pronounce it, there were two sides, and I am literally the only person who pronounces it "pie my" with two long i sounds. Still do.
Y’all still over here trying to debate the pronunciation of “PIMI” 20+ years later, ignoring the fact that the name of the forum was “Peering Into the Mind of an Idiot” for a REASON.

This is why I love this place.
I'm so glad I started this debate again.

Technically it should be P.I.M.I. Because it's an acronym like Mark said. But I'm fairly certain I recall Whore calling it 'Pimmy' himself. In an Australian accent.

Totally the next GW Court case.

Also that's awesome for Tom, but I thought he was already out as a bisexual years ago?

I can't remember the name, but in one of the GW photo album entries I dug looking for old names, someone had an 'about you' blurb that was all "how many times do I have to tell you I'm bi not gay!" I'll have to go find who that was again. I guess it's unlikely it happened to be him.

I remember you were in America by then because you were one of the people who got a launch 360 and I was very jealous since the console didn't launch in Singapore for 4 months.
Huh. I did totally stand in Walmart all night for one of those. Fukken red rings of death.

This might be the best way I figure that timeline out, actually... 🤔

I looked at Wayback and you were Admin and listed in South Carolina on March 30 2005.

I presume that's close to the start of your reign of terror.
Weird... That must have been the first time I visited, before moving over here permanently.

I know Brig visited me in England around 2004-10-26, because I've got chat logs from her trying to prank Mark from my computer but forgetting she'd signed into her own account still.

A Wicked Zero (3:47 AM): HELLO
Triquetra Gurl (3:47 AM): hey mark, guess who?
A Wicked Zero (3:47 AM): Hmm?
Triquetra Gurl (3:48 AM): me = idiot#
Triquetra Gurl (3:48 AM): so nm
Triquetra Gurl (3:48 AM): FJDSAF
A Wicked Zero (3:48 AM): ...
Triquetra Gurl (3:48 AM): fuck ben's keyboard
A Wicked Zero (3:48 AM): Ah, you're there?
Triquetra Gurl (3:48 AM): yes
A Wicked Zero (3:49 AM): IMMIGRANT
A Wicked Zero (3:49 AM): BORDER HOPPER
Triquetra Gurl wants to directly connect (3:49 AM).
A Wicked Zero (3:49 AM): ALIEN
Triquetra Gurl (3:49 AM): connect me bitch

Then I visited her for a while and I recall coming back to the UK with a Nintendo DS which might not have been out there yet, as everyone in my college classes were jealous... That released 2004-11-21, though I don't think I got a launch one.

So it must have been spring 2005 when I went over there for a few months and set my location. The Xbox 360 didn't release until 2005-11-22, and that was around when we got married so I was here permanently.

But I guess the take away is I may have been an admin before that first visit to the US in Spring 2005.

You can tell the ladies you serviced to send their thanks our way, then :angel
I'll be sure to tell my 3 kids that the internet said they're welcome.

Another name popped into my head:

Shiven

I know @Rick52 probably remembers him, as well as @Fire Queen , since he was part of our Fire Emblem community.
Fuck, man.... Shiven and I got pretty close in 04-05. Close enough that for whatever reason, I had his home phone number. We talked on the phone like a couple times randomly for nergnergnerg internet shit. Welp.... I thought it would be funny to prank call him one time! Normally he would call me, but this time I called him. I did the prank call and blocked my number, then I like pretended to make noises or something dumb, I don't remember. Hung up very quickly, giggled, etc.

Not even 10 seconds later, the phone rings and it's a blocked number. I answer, and the person on the other line says that I have contacted an official government line that's not a joke, and to never ever call back again or else I would face civil penalty. Come to find out, Shiven's dad was in the air force, and they lived on the fucking air force base in Alaska. I called his residence on the god damn air force base to make barking/noob cannon noises. As a 15 year old kid, this was extremely terrifying for me, and ended up being a core memory.

Needless to say, his dad was really pissed I had their number, and our friendship kind of fell apart after that. Slowly stopped talking until we didn't at all, then he disappeared. RIP lol.
I remember for a long time everyone had "Tommy's Mom" set as their location for some reason, I noticed but I never asked why. Then one day (after this had been going on forever) during one of the super rare occasions I had joined iirc chat Tommy suddenly asks WAIT WHY IS EVERYONES LOCATION TOMMYS MOM, and somebody was just like "because they're all in her". Lol
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Fuck, man.... Shiven and I got pretty close in 04-05. Close enough that for whatever reason, I had his home phone number. We talked on the phone like a couple times randomly for nergnergnerg internet shit. Welp.... I thought it would be funny to prank call him one time! Normally he would call me, but this time I called him. I did the prank call and blocked my number, then I like pretended to make noises or something dumb, I don't remember. Hung up very quickly, giggled, etc.

Not even 10 seconds later, the phone rings and it's a blocked number. I answer, and the person on the other line says that I have contacted an official government line that's not a joke, and to never ever call back again or else I would face civil penalty. Come to find out, Shiven's dad was in the air force, and they lived on the fucking air force base in Alaska. I called his residence on the god damn air force base to make barking/noob cannon noises. As a 15 year old kid, this was extremely terrifying for me, and ended up being a core memory.

Needless to say, his dad was really pissed I had their number, and our friendship kind of fell apart after that. Slowly stopped talking until we didn't at all, then he disappeared. RIP lol.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN
I would honestly LOVE to see the US governments file on you. Between this and the FBI thing, I can't imagine you've not got one...

Back
Top Bottom