• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

VTS Mafia VTS Mafia Night 1/Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The roles have been sent out!

If you didn't get a direct message from me...you're a plain ol' citizen.

~~~~~~~~~~

In this game, you aren't voting to lynch anyone, you're voting to send them to jail. The person jailed is not immediately removed from the game, but instead is "put on trial" during the next day phase. Once jailed, they cannot use any special abilities until released from jail (be that by early release or being found Innocent). However, when on trial, you can feel free to role claim as much as you want to try and save your bacon. Otherwise, I ask that you refrain from any role claiming. Hinting, however, is allowed.

The minimum amount of votes to arrest a player will be roughly the number of citizens / 2.

A handful of players will be chosen at random as the Jury for each trial and they will decide if the player is Guilty or Innocent. Guilty players are killed and removed from the game. Jury Verdicts are decided by simple majority.

During each day phase you will also be concurrently deciding the next player to arrest (keep an eye on those juries).

~~~~~~~~~~

In this game there are 4 special Citizen roles, chosen from the following:

Citizens:
Lawyer: Once per game can release a Defendant from Jail, by contacting the Governor via DM.
Gumshoe: Each night, can investigate a player, discovering their role.
Good Cop: Once per game, at night, can arrest a player to be put on trial the next day.
Vigilante: Each night, can execute a player.
Judge: Once per game, during a trial, can either release a player or condemn them to death.

In this game there are 4 Mobsters, chosen from the following:

The Mafia:
The Don: Can only be killed by being found Guilty at Trial. There will always be a Don in the game.
The Consigliere: Each night can investigate a player, discovering their role.
The Cleaner: Twice per game can prevent deceased player roles from being revealed to the City at daybreak. The Cleaner will still learn these roles.
The Button Man: Once per game, at night, can kill a player at night, in addition to the normal mob kill.
Mob Lawyer: Once per game can release a Defendant from Jail, by contacting the Governor via DM.

In this game there MAY OR MAY NOT be a Dirty Cop:

Solo Player:
Dirty Cop: Once per game, at night, can arrest a player to be put on trial the next day. Once per game, at night, can kill a player. If they make it to the end of the game without being discovered, they win. If discovered by the Consigliere, joins the Mob and wins/loses with them. If discovered by the Gumshoe, cleans up his act and becomes a Good Cop and wins/loses with the Citizens.

@Cole
@shortkut
@canadaguy
@Aloof
@Zell 17
@Tommy Boy
@Local Hero
@Jawneh
@Fire Queen
@Ants!
@Tubby23
@Smacktard
@Benzine
@TD
@Joseph Snapple
@Kat

The initial night phase will last until at least 5:45 am EST. Going to plan on 24 hour day phases and 12 hour night phases. Any questions before that time can either be DMed to me or posted in the sign-up thread.

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
As dawn breaks in the city, there is a feeling of loss, despair...and confusion. People are dropping like flies, and no one knows exactly why. Is the mob to blame? Perhaps a serial killer? Maybe the beginnings of a pandemic?

There are those in the city that have pieces to this puzzle. But can they solve it in time?

Tommy Boy has died. He was ??????.

Smacktard has died. He was ??????.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
someone is reading from my playbook and speedrunning aggression.

the wolves when we pulled this exact play were myself, TD, and Warp (not playing), with Alu as sorcerer who knew of the plan.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm assuming win conditions are analogous to wolf: town wins when everyone in the mob is dead and the mob wins when they make up half the town? And the dirty cop wins when either of those conditions are met and they aren't found out? Does the dirty cop winning prevent anyone else from winning or is it in addition to the other win?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm assuming win conditions are analogous to wolf: town wins when everyone in the mob is dead and the mob wins when they make up half the town? And the dirty cop wins when either of those conditions are met and they aren't found out? Does the dirty cop winning prevent anyone else from winning or is it in addition to the other win?
You've got it. Dirty cop doesn't prevent a win, he just wins more.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Looking at the roles, unless we have a beast of a Vigilante (assuming they are not already dead), the town is in for a rough ride.

I assume this means nobody is on trial today?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
So our options for extra kill are: Vigilante (good), Button Man (mob) and Dirty Cop (RK)?
Yeah, I think so. IMO it makes the most sense for it to be the mob. The vigilante didn't have any info to make a choice. The dirty cop benefits from the game being over ASAP, and maybe killing randomly the first night accomplishes that without giving away any info about their identity, so it's not out of the question. Taking out two people the first night when you know you're going to hide their roles makes the most sense, though.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Yeah, I think so. IMO it makes the most sense for it to be the mob. The vigilante didn't have any info to make a choice. The dirty cop benefits from the game being over ASAP, and maybe killing randomly the first night accomplishes that without giving away any info about their identity, so it's not out of the question. Taking out two people the first night when you know you're going to hide their roles makes the most sense, though.
After the last couple games that happened, I'm not so sure what makes sense is a valid reason.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Ah, gotcha. I don't know, they can use it twice and these games often don't last beyond three nights. It doesn't really make sense to sit on it.
correction, ZELLS games don't often last beyond 3 nights.

this is different and is a much more standard wolf, made even worse by the fact that because the town only "lynches" every other day, the game will go slower by design.

I wouldn't have used confusiom night 0 in this style.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
After the last couple games that happened, I'm not so sure what makes sense is a valid reason.
Yeah I was just thinking that myself. :chuckle I wouldn't put it past a blood thirsty vigilante to randomly kill the first night, or for the mob to not take full advantage of the confusion ability, maybe planning to save the extra kill for the second use.

Not that knowing for sure gives us a ton of info anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
this is different and is a much more standard wolf, made even worse by the fact that because the town only "lynches" every other day, the game will go slower by design.
Unless I misunderstood, aside from today someone will be on trial every day.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
correction, ZELLS games don't often last beyond 3 nights.

I wouldn't have used confusiom night 0 in this style.
Trials happen every day (except today). We vote for who goes on trial while a trial is happening.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Yeah I was just thinking that myself. :chuckle I wouldn't put it past a blood thirsty vigilante to randomly kill the first night, or for the mob to not take full advantage of the confusion ability, maybe planning to save the extra kill for the second use.

Not that knowing for sure gives us a ton of info anyway.
I mean it also doesnt help them as much in this game as it does in Zells though.

because I think it's an extremely safe assumption to assume they're both members of the town, and honestly, odds are one or both didn't even have a role.

this early it doesn't help them as much as they'd like.

we just work under the assumption two normal civis died until were proven otherwise.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
actually I'm going to take a bold stance here.

this confusion night 0 in THIS game helps the town. there are 5 potential mob roles, and they've just shown us one of them that exists.

@VashTheStampede can town and/or mob roles double up? or is it one each of the 4 from the list of 5?

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Unless our Vigilante is firing blind, they would've confirmed Don + 2 more.

I'd like to think the Vigilante didn't blindly kill someone but who knows.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
actually I'm going to take a bold stance here.

this confusion night 0 in THIS game helps the town. there are 5 potential mob roles, and they've just shown us one of them that exists.

@VashTheStampede can town and/or mob roles double up? or is it one each of the 4 from the list of 5?
correction:

since the Don is guaranteed, we know 2 roles.

assuming Vash isn't potentially doubling roles and it's one of each, we know the Don and the Cleaner are in the game.

so we only need 2 more of, mob lawyer, concierge, and button man.

and if they used button man tonight then we only have 1 unknown mobster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom