Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Even in Andromeda
Shocked Oh No GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: Jon
Nah, I get that. First playthrough was male Shep Infiltrator romancing Ashley. After that, though, I missed Kaiden's biotics in later games to a point I had to rebuild my Shep to compensate. Yeah, my Shep essentially was the Garrus role, but Wrex was better at Ashley than Ashley lol. Ashley was a MUCH more replaceable squad mate. She offered nothing unique. Glad later games altered what the first had.

Man, I want ME5 now... wtf...

Yeah I didnt use her much

I dont trust Bioware to give us a good ME5 sadly

was it all the space racism?

I went Liara -> Jack -> Jack my first playthrough

Haha, no, it was the lips and ass, she does get little better

I do like some Liara, but Jack is definitely not my type

I was disappointed Jack wasn't more involved in ME3. But I loved her character arc.

I did like her character, not someone I would romance if Im role playing myself

Yeah I didnt use her much

I dont trust Bioware to give us a good ME5 sadly
I trust Bioware. I don't trust EA. Bioware makes good games. As does Respawn. EA holds them both back as they do ALL their franchises.

No love for Miranda?
Nah, she's literally artificial. Bioengineered to be "perfect" and was a bitch.

But like pretty much all characters, great story arcs. My god the story arcs.

Mordin Solus Nod GIF by Mass Effect

I'M STILL NOT OK, GUYS!

SOMEONE ELSE MAY HAVE GOTTEN IT WRONG!

**Cries**

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I trust Bioware. I don't trust EA. Bioware makes good games. As does Respawn. EA holds them both back as they do ALL their franchises.
Bioware makes amazing games, and yeah...EA fucks them up.
Still hawt. Besides, some romanced Tali, and she's just a suit.

I'M STILL NOT OK, GUYS!

**Cries**
Mordin. Sweet, sweet Mordin. :cry

All this talk of Mass Effect romance really makes me feel like I should play it...

but realistically I'll never have the time
The ending really did hurt the series as a whole. And the gameplay of the first is... not great. They improve dramatically in 2 and 3.

ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Right up there with FF10, FF7, Witcher 3 and Elden Ring. Actually, probably ahead of all but 10.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
The ending really did hurt the series as a whole. And the gameplay of the first is... not great. They improve dramatically in 2 and 3.

ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Right up there with FF10, FF7, Witcher 3 and Elden Ring. Actually, probably ahead of all but 10.
You know - you'd think with me being an RPG fan those would be up there with my favourites of all time too but uh... they're just kinda not?

But I have shit taste in games so what do I know?

You know - you'd think with me being an RPG fan those would be up there with my favourites of all time too but uh... they're just kinda not?

But I have shit taste in games so what do I know?
Hahaha. There's not been another series that crossed nearly a decade where your decisions had lasting impacts on the world (until literally the last moment...). I just loved that, the characters, the quests, the world, the story... all of it was so good to me.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Hahaha. There's not been another series that crossed nearly a decade where your decisions had lasting impacts on the world (until literally the last moment...). I just loved that, the characters, the quests, the world, the story... all of it was so good to me.
See I only ever played ME3 on PS3. The concept of lasting decisions sounds great on paper but modern me would just end up getting disengaged after an inevitable break in between. I'm terrible at story-heavy long games now. Like I can appreciate them but just... I don't have the time or energy for that commitment.

That and long story-based games. Just can't do it. Like on paper I should love Persona and I definitely would but I don't think I'd finish it and it'd go the way of Dragon Quest XI.

See I only ever played ME3 on PS3. The concept of lasting decisions sounds great on paper but modern me would just end up getting disengaged after an inevitable break in between. I'm terrible at story-heavy long games now. Like I can appreciate them but just... I don't have the time or energy for that commitment.

That and long story-based games. Just can't do it. Like on paper I should love Persona and I definitely would but I don't think I'd finish it and it'd go the way of Dragon Quest XI.
Completely understand. And it's easier to REPLAY than when it first came out. Waiting 3-4 years between was tough. But again, the payoff is real.

Like deciding to let Kaiden or Ashley die on Virmire has impacts, not just on the rest of ME1, but in ME2 when you meet the survivor and they still harbor resentment that the other is dead, and again in ME3 when the survivor is a party member again.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD
No love for Miranda?

I do love me some Miranda, reminds of Elizabeth Hurley for some reason

Well I also think a lot of the Bioware talent who was around left too

I do like a woman who can put me in my place

I'M STILL NOT OK, GUYS!

**Cries**

They really all did have pretty good arcs, even Jacob who wasnt that interesting had good side quest

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
Piros the Third (.hack// & .hack//G.U.)
The character himself? Idiot. Honestly kind of forgettable. But he gets his own theme song because he's someone's self-insert Unga Bunga, and that theme song is fucking stupid so of course I now love both it and him. It's just how this works, don't question it.
PIROS MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a fun little exercise i might crank out a list of my own later

Back
Top Bottom