The return of T-Bone

I was so forgettable it's hard to remember how decorated I was. Of course, that was probably because I was a mod here. Tworow always said I sucked and even when we brought in Vash, I secretly knew how much he thought I sucked too. Of course, he was too nice to tell me that. :giggle

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I was so forgettable it's hard to remember how decorated I was. Of course, that was probably because I was a mod here. Tworow always said I sucked and even when we brought in Vash, I secretly knew how much he thought I sucked too. Of course, he was too nice to tell me that. :giggle

Yooooooo it's T-Bone in da house!

Oh shit.

Welcome back, dude. I’m gonna add you to the elder group.

• Love
Reactions: Jon
The one and only! I'm too old now. I don't remember any of my stuff from back in the days, and it was 3 computers ago so the files are long gone. But this was my home away from home. I loved it here. Spending time with this crew is some of my childhood favorite memories. I enjoyed moderating and being here more than anything else.

Oh shit.

Welcome back, dude. I’m gonna add you to the elder group.
I would have been back sooner, but I stopped checking Facebook years ago lol. Otherwise, I'd probably have 8000 posts by now. I was addicted to this place like crack. I miss the days of not even being able to post one thing without having an alert that you needed to respond elsewhere :ROFLMAO:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
The one and only! I'm too old now. I don't remember any of my stuff from back in the days, and it was 3 computers ago so the files are long gone. But this was my home away from home. I loved it here. Spending time with this crew is some of my childhood favorite memories. I enjoyed moderating and being here more than anything else.

You’ve been brought up a few times in the oldie forum. You’ll recognize a LOT of the names here.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh man, I'm not sleeping tonight catching up on old days. Good thing work is going to be slow lol

Unfortunately, you’re only one of a handful of the 2000 oldies we have here. We have a bit more 2001-2004 oldies, and I’m not sure about the rest since I was gone by around mid-05.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Still, all the more impressive people remember me at all. I wish I remembered more of the stuff I used to do around here. I can't remember anything.

Tell you what… I’ll split out your stuff and down and move it to the intro forum. You’ll see a lot more old names there, not everyone checks this forum. They’ll do the same thing they did for everyone else and myself and jog your memory.

• Love

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
That would be awesome. I'm too old now. I know I've said that a couple times, but I started with GW when I was... 14 I thought. But might have been 17. My ass is turning 40 this year. I'll take all the help i can get lol.

There, you’ve got your own intro thread now. You get a generic as shit title though, my creativity has yet to improve.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Lmao, it more than I could have hoped for. Thought, be warned this is usually when the BAD stories come back.

Oh, that shit doesn’t fly here. We’ve already seen 10-20 year unresolved shit put to rest since we’ve been here. Everyone is cool these days, just enjoying having everyone back in one place again.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
While I'm all for the customizable nature of things, I miss the old CAW days where you could create almost ANYONE in their games. I rent the new ones each year "just to see" and they are mostly garbage. I tried to make Moon Knight a couple years ago and wanted to cry at the stupidity.
Totally agreed, you could literally do and create anything, it was amazing! Such a shame we've lost that in the modern games. I know you can go to community creations and download them, but it's not the same. Also the new titles...ugh...so garish.

Totally agreed, you could literally do and create anything, it was amazing! Such a shame we've lost that in the modern games. I know you can go to community creations and download them, but it's not the same. Also the new titles...ugh...so garish.
Ugh agree... like having to unlock everything is bad enough, but being able to follow a guide on how to create a CAW and tweak all the settings.... so much better than the lazy ass "download it here" crap

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Ugh agree... like having to unlock everything is bad enough, but being able to follow a guide on how to create a CAW and tweak all the settings.... so much better than the lazy ass "download it here" crap
Exactly!! The work you had to actually put in yourself, even following a guide or sitting there plugging in GS codes, that was real work! Today it's just click and it's there. Wasted opportunities.

Wait @Jon you played fantasy baseball didn't you?
Yup. Pretty sure I got us (GW) into an ESPN league at one point for it. If not me specifically, I had a hand in it. Probably a football one too.

EDIT: Pretty sure the first year I tried tallying it all up on the forums directly though.
So much fun learning about the different hex codes and what they meant. Then making custom matches, custom gear, custom arenas...so great!
Right?! Skills kids nowadays will never know!

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yup. Pretty sure I got us (GW) into an ESPN league at one point for it. If not me specifically, I had a hand in it. Probably a football one too.

Right?! Skills kids nowadays will never know!
When kids can't even gameshark anymore, we've gone wrong in society. Granted, those same kids will never know how to rent a video, hail a cab, socialize without phones, go to the drive in, rewind before returning said video...ugh...kids...

I remember your name from that, it was bugging me why I didn't recognise it from here first.

There's fantasy football sign ups open that I'm running if you're interested, unpaid league just fun
Point the way! (I'm still a little disoriented trying to catch up on everything that's around here now)

Point the way! (I'm still a little disoriented trying to catch up on everything that's around here now)

When kids can't even gameshark anymore, we've gone wrong in society. Granted, those same kids will never know how to rent a video, hail a cab, socialize without phones, go to the drive in, rewind before returning said video...ugh...kids...
We've officially turned into our parents, Crystal... Those are the things my dad told me and now I can't fathom telling him he was right because I can't give him that satisfaction.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
We've officially turned into our parents, Crystal... Those are the things my dad told me and now I can't fathom telling him he was right because I can't give him that satisfaction.
I hate to agree, but yeah, we've gone from super awesome cool kids to..."well back in MY day"...oh dear.

Welcome back t-bone

Car Accident GIF by E!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Are we now up to 4 people with 2000 reg years? Vampyra hasn't posted I believe, but me and @BigDaddy and now @Jon

Was there anyone else?

I *think* that was it from memory… I went over the member list last night when I was coming up with my estimates of who all fell where on registration dates, and those are the only ones I could come up with.

Back
Top Bottom