Campaign Stormwreck Isle; The Forgotten Clifftop Observatory (1-4a)

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
This rune...it feels...

Short attempts to identify what he can.

short-png.12022

Short Order
@And This Is Alu.
| You take the book and inspect the rune over the lock. You recognize its structure to be similar to other trap spells you've encountered. You're also confident that this could be defeated by scratching over the engraved rune with something sharp. |

• Conga-rats
Reactions: Jon

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Nac walks over to Aims.

Sorry, 'bout landin' on ye, lad.

He leans in closer and whispers:

When we get back to Dragon's Rest.. Varnoth makes one helluva drink, jus' sayin'.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Oh shit, right, there's actually stuff to do other than talk to walls.))

Aye, I can help with that. Thanks for looking into this.

Zesty withdraws his small knife from his backpack and scratches the rune off before opening the book.

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| You scratch over the rune and hear a faint fizzling sound as whatever magic it held is broken.

The book is still locked with the mundane non-magical lock. |

((I think you've got Thieves Tools so you can try to pick it with DEX, or you can just try to break it with STR.))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
((@Ben - Neither is a good bonus for me lol. But I am proficient with thieves' tools. So do I get a PB +2 for that DEX check if I try to pick the lock? If I fail, I'm giving it to Aims' to take his anger out on the lock in retribution for his dick.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Sweet, I'll do that then. With my rolls being shitty again, hopefully it isn't a hard lock lol. I have +2 from DEX and +2 PB so it's a LITTLE help lol.))

Zesty tries picking the lock with his thieves' tools.

No whammies, no whammies, no whammies...

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| You slide your lockpick into the small clasp and after a few moments tinkering, you all but consider yourself failed, until the last moment when the pin catches and the lock pops open.

file-Ytg0rYnh5KtqjmhY28kuZ1PB.png

The journal contains star maps and notes on experiments with magic. One passage, underlined near the start of the journal, reads in an archaic dialect of Common:

"To ye four scholars; point your eyes towards the Dragon's light, for it guides your descent into knowledge."|

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
For a few moments now, Aims has been paying attention to Nac. That sod over there has been mumbling and making all kinds of faces against the wall this whole time after helping him out. It looks like he's about to cry now too.

... sniff, oh you bastard, you.

The dwarf is still drunk off whatever the hell he found. And Aims can't have any of it. A tear starts rolling down his cheek.

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Slid right into its DMs...))

Zesty reads the passage. He knows, based off Mek and Minn's work and words, that Sparkrender is dabbling in something magical. Since the effigies are of Dragons and not scholars, and there are five instead of four, Zesty passes this off as not referring to this particular ritual. He highlights it in his mind as important, but yet unknown in purpose. He passes the information in the passage to his teammates, and they continue.

Well then... we can either visit the kobold camp, or have Mek and Minn try taking us to Sparkrender. What do you all prefer?

In his mind, Zesty thinks about how he'd love to gift the boots of Elvenkind to the dwarf, as he'd make better use of the stealth upgrade the shoes provide... but with the Dwarf still on some kind of Moonsprout level high, he's not sure now would be an appropriate time.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
"To ye four scholars; point your eyes towards the Dragon's light, for it guides your descent into knowledge."|
Heh, how cool would it be if *we* were the four scholars this was talking about. All, like, ancient prophesization and junk becoming reality like *right now".

Moonsprout stops to consider which area of academia each of the four group members would be experts in... but then remembers that, with himself included, there are actually five.

Since there are actually five of us, he says, acting as if he had realized this from the very beginning of his theory, That would mean that one of us must not be a fabled scholar. Maybe we should've left the murder-orc in the salty drink below.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Is Sparkrender friendly to humanoids or will he try to eat us? I'm trying to figure out if we should put Moonsprout up front so he thinks we all smell like that and therefore taste bad.

1712685732959.png
Minn
(Ben)
| "He..." the kobold pauses for a moment, "well... me try not to go up there without good news. He got mad after dumb dragon show up." |

1712686088660.png
Mek
(Ben)
| "SPARKRENDER tell us to stay away from tower after they argue and only boss dragon leave. Part of tower wall collapsed but he tell us not clean it up, like we do rest of ruin!" |

1712685732959.png
Minn
(Ben)
| "We send you up elevator though!" |

Zesty Zapcrackle

Zesty bows to Short Order so the two kobolds do not hear.

The "other dragon" they are referencing... that is likely Aidron, whom we cannot forget we are here to find. Perhaps we do not mention this to Sparkrender as I doubt he would proffer any information regarding Aidron happily and I'd rather not anger him. At least not until we've identified Aidron's fate and hopefully rescued him. I'd rather not anger it at all... but our goal is finding Aidron and helping him, or identifying his fate.

I doubt the rest of the crew remembers much about there being other dragons, what with the drunkeness and general stupidity. Moonsprout will likely just be too excited to see a dragon to remember anything. I think it's also important that we keep Aims from trying to ride Sparkrender. Perhaps we should just tell him it'll likely cause more damage to his cock if he tries to hop on.

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims finally finds some room to talk after grasping his loins for a while.

Hey flying friends. Do you or your group have any alcohol in your camp? I'd love to wet my whistle after being wet myself.

Zesty Zapcrackle

I doubt the rest of the crew remembers much about there being other dragons, what with the drunkeness and general stupidity. Moonsprout will likely just be too excited to see a dragon to remember anything. I think it's also important that we keep Aims from trying to ride Sparkrender. Perhaps we should just tell him it'll likely cause more damage to his cock if he tries to hop on.
We could tie him up and gag him and if Sparkrender asks, he's a gift?

Zesty smiles in jest, but Short Order is right. Moonsprout trying to lick Sparkrender or Aims trying to ride/kill him, could have disastrous result.

We must make sure we investigate the area while talking to the dragon. Any signs of a prison, dungeon or keep... anything that if Aidron is still alive we cand find him. We can discuss how we'll get access after we've identified.

He nods to Short Order.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Aims finally finds some room to talk after grasping his loins for a while.

Hey flying friends. Do you or your group have any alcohol in your camp? I'd love to wet my whistle after being wet myself.

1712692032308.png
Minn
(Ben)
| "Hah! Not anymore. We found barrel of orc-rotgut floating in sea last week, but other kobold use it to polish sling bullets! Eat tarnish right off metal! First kobold try drink it himself still in coma." |

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| ((7 years have passed.)) Your party finally settles on investigating the kobold camp and make their way across the rope bridge to the smaller structure to the North West of this central rotunda.

Skittering sounds and whispers come from inside this ruined tower. Gaps in the stone are patched over with wooden planks and threadbare cloth. |

1712720623895.png
Mek
(Ben)
| "Kobold camp up in shitty tower. They not very like human though, not come from Dummy's Rest like us." |

1712720770919.png
Minn
(Ben)
| "Hah! Dummy's Rest. Got 'em!"

The kobold brothers high-five again. |

1712720623895.png
Mek
(Ben)
| Mek turns to Moonsprout as they lag behind the group, "How bard not know metal? You never hear of Dragonforce?" |

1712720770919.png
Minn
(Ben)
| Under his breath, Minn mutters "Minn like their early stuff, before they become mainstream." |

1712722038678.png

Zesty Zapcrackle

Zesty sits by the door and pulls out the book he found in the crumbling library.

I'll be here reading... Let me know once you all have completed your side quest for more alcohol and are ready to continue the reason why we're here...

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| The alcoholics' search pursuit of wet whistles takes them up the rickety tower steps.

The wall directly ahead of the stairs has crumbled and leaves a wide hole in the North East corner of the room, through which you can see the collapsed section of the North East tower.

At the top of the dilapidated structure, three kobolds and two winged kobolds huddle into a small camp, where they sit polishing sling bullets and otherwise keeping busy.

1712753163030.png

As the wall or green half-orc crests the top of the stairs, the kobolds yelp and seize their weapons, jumping to their feet. |

1712753469407.png
Winged Kobold 1
(Ben)
| "ACK! Intruders! Kobolds has arms!" one of the winged kobolds croaks as it flaps just above the rest. |

1712753669079.png
Kobold 2
(Ben)
| "This SPARKRENDER lair! You leave now!" |

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Lads, lads! Take it easy! We're pals with Mek and Minn! We also know their sister Myla! We mean no trouble!

Nac holds up his hands in a placating gesture.

My green friend here has developed quite a thirst, and we heard ye might have some rotgut!

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aye! Tell you what, being dropped down at least 30 ft right onto your dick really really is a pain in the dick. I rather not relive that memory if possible and would prefer to drink it all away. Its been days since the last time i had anything to drink. This is worse than torture.

You folks have anything left here?

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

1712762925758.png
Winged Kobold 2
(Ben)
| "R-Rotgut..? Oh. No. We no have orc-piss left; it start eating through barrel so we throw back into ocean." the kobolds inch forward "Mek and Minn dumb. Boss no want you here! Leave now or face kobold might!" |

Last edited:

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims gasps from shock from hearing they so poorly neglected the barrel of rotgut. The dregs are THE BEST part of rotgut. It has all the really acidic and often a bit spicy and crunchy stuffs! These uncivilized bastards! He grabs the stilll uneaten and uncrisped up kobolt leggy from before and points and flails it at the rotten alcohol haters.

You did what to the rotgut?! Why did you do that?! You just drink it or find a skull or bare minimum a silvered dish to hold the rest until you consume it! You can even use the dregs as a starter for a new keg! And now it's all gone...

Aims lets out a couple sniffles and a tear for alcohol long lost.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Zesty lifts his head from his book, though his eyes remain down.

Maybe you should call your owlbear...

Zesty is back to reading. Boltzmann is resting at his side.

Back
Top Bottom