Show off your collections!

Alberkryne

GW Elder
Does anyone else have any sizable game collections? Show them off to us all!
I'll start. I have been collecting the main series Pokémon games along with Nintendo Handhelds for the last few years, and I am still looking to grow the handheld collection.
Each DS, 3DS, Switch, Wii, and GameCube games are CIB. Sun and Moon are still Sealed. Considering getting them graded.
All of the Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance games have had fresh batteries soldered to the main boards by me in late 2021.
The DS-style cases for the Game Boy games came from Etsy, as did the Bootleg Green in the Green box. Gold and Silver specifically I do have the original instruction manuals (currently looking to get the manuals for all the GB/GBC/GBA games)

Not pictured because I need to take new ones:
2x Nintendo DSi (Pokémon Black and Pokémon White editions)
1x Original Nintendo 3DS (Flame Red, gift from a friend)
2x New Nintendo 3DS (Standard Black, and Pokémon Red/Blue Special Edition, Blue Cover Plates)
1x New Nintendo 3DS XL (Pokémon Sun/Moon special edition)
1x New Nintendo 2DS XL (Black and Turquoise)
20221128_111125.jpg

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Mine is in various states of disassembly at the moment, but I have a very sizable collection of about 43 consoles and 2500+ games, I don't have too many recent pictures because things have been in disarray for a bit, so I'll see what I can dig up.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
my collections are less games and more things but i like a lot of my little zones i’ve created

IMG_7406.jpeg

fire emblem zone mainly with some xenoblade mixed in. if you see homestuck no you didn’t. those are relics of a bygone era and not meant for mortal eyes

IMG_7407.jpeg

splat zone. the art on the left was done by one of my best friends!

IMG_7408.jpeg
last but not least the mantelpiece. that rainbow streamer has been there since my birthday party two years ago and now it’s just part of the zone.

Alberkryne

GW Elder
I'll add the pictures tomorrow, but I have snagged a full set of Japanese Gen 1 and 2 pokemon games, as well as a 2DS.

So, I live overseas but have my game collection stuff sent to my parents'. Unfortunately that means I can't post any pics, but I'm most proud of the following:

1. Virtual Boy + full set of Virtual Boy games w/ manuals, in custom-made plastic game cases
  2. Vectrex w/ Spike, Pole Position, and others, all in boxes and w/ screen overlays
  3. A full collection of basically every Gamecube game worth playing (rarest being Cubivore, Gotcha Force, Chibi Robo, and every Resident Evil game released on the GC)

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
So, I live overseas but have my game collection stuff sent to my parents'. Unfortunately that means I can't post any pics, but I'm most proud of the following:

1. Virtual Boy + full set of Virtual Boy games w/ manuals, in custom-made plastic game cases
  2. Vectrex w/ Spike, Pole Position, and others, all in boxes and w/ screen overlays
  3. A full collection of basically every Gamecube game worth playing (rarest being Cubivore, Gotcha Force, Chibi Robo, and every Resident Evil game released on the GC)
A full Virtual Boy collection? That's AMAZING! Hell, all of those are amazing, congrats an some amazing items!

Also welcome home @Smacktard ;)

Everything we haven't used since our last move has basically stayed boxed up. Keep meaning to go buy new shelving, cabinets, etc., to get it set back up... but yeah, no, too much effort still. :chuckle Our X360 collection is just strewn all over the house, and aside from that there's just the Xbone and Switch. So here are those. My partner has an obsession with trying to collect all of the physical Xbox games; all that shovelware is not my fault!
The dust is though lmao

crossbone..jpgswitch.jpg

Everything we haven't used since our last move has basically stayed boxed up. Keep meaning to go buy new shelving, cabinets, etc., to get it set back up... but yeah, no, too much effort still. :chuckle Our X360 collection is just strewn all over the house, and aside from that there's just the Xbone and Switch. So here are those. My partner has an obsession with trying to collect all of the physical Xbox games; all that shovelware is not my fault!
The dust is though lmao

View attachment 1734View attachment 1735
Yooo, nice collection!

By the way, want to help me get the "9 online battles" badge on ReBoot Camp? We could just grind them quickly without playing a full match :D

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
The dust is though lmao

View attachment 1734View attachment 1735
Damn, impressive collection right there, even with the shovelware :D

By the way, want to help me get the "9 online battles" badge on ReBoot Camp? We could just grind them quickly without playing a full match :D
Oh sure, I don't mind. Though considering it's Nintendo - is progress required to unlock the mode? 'Cause I have certainly not played the game yet! :chuckle

Damn, impressive collection right there, even with the shovelware :D
"Shovelware just means I shovel anything under $5 into the cart, right?"

eye-roll-roll-my-eyes.gif

I get the last laugh when she plays one of them for achievements. Every time! ...I have seen some shit, though. Makes Superman 64 look positively delightful by comparison.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
"Shovelware just means I shovel anything under $5 into the cart, right?"

eye-roll-roll-my-eyes.gif
That's how I used to collect, too, lol, thankfully I refined my methods and targets :D
I get the last laugh when she plays one of them for achievements. Every time! ...I have seen some shit, though. Makes Superman 64 look positively delightful by comparison.
Oh I can only imagine! I've played some absolutely terrible games in the name of achievements before, how some of them ever managed to get released is just mind-boggling!

Exactly! Gotta get that elusive copy of Cheetahmen!
I actually bought a copy of Action 52 a number of years back for like $40! Ended up selling it on eBay for profit after I played a few games. Man that cartridge was a serious piece of shit. The cartridge itself was so poorly manufactured that it would crack in certain places from use.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Ok, I'm envious! That's a hell of a buy, even for a lump of dog crap. Best find I've had was a sealed copy of Comix Zone I paid $7 for, it's now worth around 150 last I saw. I have some of the harder to find Saturn games, too, but I'll probably never be well off enough to track down the ones I'm missing, Saturn game prices are insane!

Ok, I'm envious! That's a hell of a buy, even for a lump of dog crap. Best find I've had was a sealed copy of Comix Zone I paid $7 for, it's now worth around 150 last I saw. I have some of the harder to find Saturn games, too, but I'll probably never be well off enough to track down the ones I'm missing, Saturn game prices are insane!
Finding a sealed copy of ANY game that old is incredible.

I looooong ago stopped finding deals. Saudi never really had NES/SNES/N64/GameCube so I'm stuck here. Oldest I can find are PS3 games (nothing exciting though) and occasionally PS2 games (again, trash/common games). I end up just biting my cheek and buying on eBay, though now with the changes to tax/shipping costs, that's become super expensive too.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Finding a sealed copy of ANY game that old is incredible.
Yeah, it was a hell of a find, and considering the way Goodwill picks through everything they get, how it slipped onto the shelves is beyond me.
I looooong ago stopped finding deals. Saudi never really had NES/SNES/N64/GameCube so I'm stuck here. Oldest I can find are PS3 games (nothing exciting though) and occasionally PS2 games (again, trash/common games). I end up just biting my cheek and buying on eBay, though now with the changes to tax/shipping costs, that's become super expensive too.
Ouch, yeah, I imagine it's very hard to collect in any country where gaming is limited and/or limited to piracy/"other means" of acquiring games. At least Saudi offers something, even if it is common nonsense!

Oh sure, I don't mind. Though considering it's Nintendo - is progress required to unlock the mode? 'Cause I have certainly not played the game yet
Ah, forget about it then. I know that feeling all too well 😁 you have to complete a couple of stages to open up online, yeah
Ouch, yeah, I imagine it's very hard to collect in any country where gaming is limited and/or limited to piracy/"other means" of acquiring games. At least Saudi offers something, even if it is common nonsense!
Modern gaming is big here, so I can find lots of PS4/Switch/PS5, just none of the classics. Oh, and PS3, PS4 and PS5 games from here aren't compatible with any online store-bought content (like DLC), so I don't buy those games here either 😮‍💨

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Ah, forget about it then. I know that feeling all too well 😁 you have to complete a couple of stages to open up online, yeah

Modern gaming is big here, so I can find lots of PS4/Switch/PS5, just none of the classics. Oh, and PS3, PS4 and PS5 games from here aren't compatible with any online store-bought content (like DLC), so I don't buy those games here either 😮‍💨
Ouch, that's really frustrating! Hopefully that gets sorted out in the future.

Are my images visible in-post or do you just see VIEW ATTACHMENT BLA BLA?

All yours appear nicely why don't mine 😭
Yeah, there's something funky with the way uploading and inserting works. Like if I were to try displaying a picture in one post that was uploaded in another, it'll just link instead of showing up. If you edit the post, delete the [attach] tags, then click insert and try again it should appear. Maybe.

Are my images visible in-post or do you just see VIEW ATTACHMENT BLA BLA?

All yours appear nicely why don't mine 😭
Instead of clicking "attach", click on the "picture" icon in the same area you have bold/italics/gif insertion, etc. You may have to tap on the hamburger menu to get it to display if you're on mobile

This is my PS3 collection. I honestly haven't played any of this in almost 10 years so I should probably look at selling but I haven't had the time to check on values.

I also havd a small N64 collection (10ish games) and SNES collection (30ish games) tucked away in storage.

View attachment 2375
Dope collection, man! I just bought Catherine for the Switch. It'll probably be a while before I play it. The concept seems strange, but I saw a few cutscenes and the story looks pretty funny and entertaining, so I got it.

How are 3D Dot Game Heroes and Eternal Sonata?

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Dope collection, man! I just bought Catherine for the Switch. It'll probably be a while before I play it. The concept seems strange, but I saw a few cutscenes and the story looks pretty funny and entertaining, so I got it.

Catherine is definitely great. The story is wild and out there, which I enjoyed. The puzzles and eventual hectic pace are fun.

I enjoyed 3D Dot Game Heroes but truthfully I don't think I ever beat it. I think it just slipped into my backlog and never found it's way out. Apparently the game is rare ish now.

Eternal Sonata I can't say enough good things about. Really great turn based rpg which is propelled by the ability to play co op (with up to 2 friends). Me and 2 friends went through the game together so that made it an even better experience. I could see myself enjoying it single player too.

Catherine is definitely great. The story is wild and out there, which I enjoyed. The puzzles and eventual hectic pace are fun.

I enjoyed 3D Dot Game Heroes but truthfully I don't think I ever beat it. I think it just slipped into my backlog and never found it's way out. Apparently the game is rare ish now.

Eternal Sonata I can't say enough good things about. Really great turn based rpg which is propelled by the ability to play co op (with up to 2 friends). Me and 2 friends went through the game together so that made it an even better experience. I could see myself enjoying it single player too.
I've heard Catherine has a few different endings. PSN Profiles says it's about 70 hours to 100%. What's the deal with that? Is it worth running through the game multiple times? Are the endings/ending conditions really that different, or should I just watch them on YouTube?

I found it utterly impossible to not wind up hating the main character, but yeah - if you don't actually take it seriously, it's a fun enough romp. Fuckin' doubling down on the transphobia notwithstanding, goddammit Atlus.

Catherine is one of the few video games in existence where difficulty super matters, too! Do not play on Easy, at all, ever. Try playing out of the gate on Hard and if that's a bit too much, particularly on the less-scripted "boss" encounters, drop it down to Normal. Like, since it's a puzzle game, difficulties determine how many and which types of mechanics are even present. Easy barely has you using a quarter of them and... honestly just sucks.

I've heard Catherine has a few different endings. PSN Profiles says it's about 70 hours to 100%. What's the deal with that? Is it worth running through the game multiple times? Are the endings/ending conditions really that different, or should I just watch them on YouTube?
It's super easy to skip around and pick up the extra endings with minimal fuss.

Most of the Trophy/Achievement completion time comes from two of the optional modes. One is a minigame with, I think, 180 or so stages? It's essentially an infinitely less fun version of the core gameplay. The other is all rails removed, fake-it-til-you-make-it, git gud or fuckin' die, Hard++ gameplay. It's... it's fantastic. I loved it. The feeling of completing the final ascent was magnificent.

Can't stand Eternal Sonata, personally. The story and characters are super weak (half the cast are intentionally like ~8 years old, and of the excessively annoying variety), enemy types and variations are super lacking, and it overall feels like an early tech demo they didn't have the budget to fully flesh out.

Boy was it pretty at the time, though.

Minimal experience with 3D Dot Game Heroes, seemed like a fun Zelda-like from the hour or so I played like a decade ago.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So this one is tricky to answer. Personally I only did one full playthrough and part of another.

If you become super into the story it may be worth doing multiple playthroughs. The main reason I say that is because interactions in the game are different depending on what you choose to do and it's not just the ending.

You can probably decide after one playthrough for yourself and those in game interactions may not be meaningful enough for you to go through the game again. If that's the case, youtube is fine.

I'm not sure if you have Full Body but if you do, it has even more endings.

I found it utterly impossible to not wind up hating the main character, but yeah - if you don't actually take it seriously, it's a fun enough romp. Fuckin' doubling down on the transphobia notwithstanding, goddammit Atlus.

Catherine is one of the few video games in existence where difficulty super matters, too! Do not play on Easy, at all, ever. Try playing out of the gate on Hard and if that's a bit too much, particularly on the less-scripted "boss" encounters, drop it down to Normal. Like, since it's a puzzle game, difficulties determine how many and which types of mechanics are even present. Easy barely has you using a quarter of them and... honestly just sucks.

It's super easy to skip around and pick up the extra endings with minimal fuss.

Most of the Trophy/Achievement completion time comes from two of the optional modes. One is a minigame with, I think, 180 or so stages? It's essentially an infinitely less fun version of the core gameplay. The other is all rails removed, fake-it-til-you-make-it, git gud or fuckin' die, Hard++ gameplay. It's... it's fantastic. I loved it. The feeling of completing the final ascent was magnificent.

Can't stand Eternal Sonata, personally. The story and characters are super weak (half the cast are intentionally like ~8 years old, and of the excessively annoying variety), enemy types and variations are super lacking, and it overall feels like an early tech demo they didn't have the budget to fully flesh out.

Boy was it pretty at the time, though.

Minimal experience with 3D Dot Game Heroes, seemed like a fun Zelda-like from the hour or so I played like a decade ago.
I think I'll give ES a miss then. I don't have anyone that would want to play it with me. I'll probably pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes at some point. As for Catherine, I don't know how into puzzle games I can get, but I'm sure I'll complete it at least once. I'll see where to go from there. And I'll start on Hard like you suggested. I still don't get the concept of how it works as a puzzle game. I'll probably only get it once I start playing.

So this one is tricky to answer. Personally I only did one full playthrough and part of another.

If you become super into the story it may be worth doing multiple playthroughs. The main reason I say that is because interactions in the game are different depending on what you choose to do and it's not just the ending.

You can probably decide after one playthrough for yourself and those in game interactions may not be meaningful enough for you to go through the game again. If that's the case, youtube is fine.

I'm not sure if you have Full Body but if you do, it has even more endings.
Yeah, Full Body is the one for the Switch that I got. It sounds worthwhile enough to do multiple playthroughs. I have to say, from the gameplay videos I've watched, the story looks really good. A game with good story is a rare thing I find -- even moreso an anime game. I'm looking forward to starting it!

Reactions: TD
As for Catherine, I don't know how into puzzle games I can get, but I'm sure I'll complete it at least once. I'll see where to go from there. And I'll start on Hard like you suggested. I still don't get the concept of how it works as a puzzle game. I'll probably only get it once I start playing.
Essentially the puzzle is simply finding your way up a mountain of blocks. You can only climb a single block with an edge that is staircased and not a notch (so, not Assassin's Creed/parkour/mountain climbing), and you can slide boxes one at a time - but only forward or backward relative the character, and not if it were to push into anything. You can shimmy along the sides of blocks, you can push blocks out and cause the ones above them to fall down (which will kill you if they hit you). I don't play many puzzle games - really just Panel de Pon (/"Tetris Attack" /"Pokemon/Planet Puzzle League") - but I haven't really seen anything quite like what Catherine's doing.

It's been over a decade since I played it, but I think earning Gold on a stage - that is, climbing from bottom to top without getting hit or breaking your combo (a timed meter that counts down and only resets when you reach a new "line" height) allows you the option to skip that stage in subsequent playthroughs on equal or lesser difficulty. So for additional ending playthroughs, you would just do the stuff in the cafe, the/some boss encounters, and watch the story scenes/make your moral choices. I would guess maybe ~3 hours at most per playthrough like that?

If you were to go for the Platinum on PS3 or PS4, you'd have to get the Gold ratings anyway. So could either just do that on your first playthrough - get as far as you can, reset, climb back to that point without breaking combo and press on more until/if it breaks - or simply do it on the second playthrough. And it's a puzzle game, so outside of certain parts of the boss encounters and the Tower of Babil (the aforementioned challenge mode) you can YouTube the solutions and significantly drop total playtime. I clocked about 60 hours, I think, doing everything but the stupid minigame/arcade game mode without assistance or guides with the original X360/PS3 version.

At one point this was my Haul.
Sweet old consoles! What is your favorite game on the Intellivision? I honestly know nothing about that console.

I have the same Virtual Boy box! The foam completely disintegrated though. The price of getting a new foam insert is insane, and would only disintegrate eventually anyway, so for now it's just packed with plastic bags for cushioning.

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
Ouch, that's harsh! I'm in the process of clearing out my collection for money, too...sucks to lose some of the finds, but better to keep the lights on than cling huddled to a collection of games I can't do anything with.
Adulting is tough. We can always go back and recollect though!

Sweet old consoles! What is your favorite game on the Intellivision? I honestly know nothing about that console.

I have the same Virtual Boy box! The foam completely disintegrated though. The price of getting a new foam insert is insane, and would only disintegrate eventually anyway, so for now it's just packed with plastic bags for cushioning.
OH man you got so many to choose from. Haha. To be honest most are pretty junk to begin with but I like the ones that are just super weird. Mainly the voiced ones like bomb squad and b17 bomber. Good stuff.

And that box is actually a blockbuster hard shell rental case. They can go for like $200 last I checked. The foams stupid spensive.

Back
Top Bottom