• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

September Debate thread

Figured we could have a new thread for it, as it's coming up.

I've seen a headline this morning saying that the Harris campaign are the ones playing games now, that they want hot mics even though the original terms when Biden was still in the race was for mics to be cut off until it's the candidate's turn to speak. The reason is they think Trump will be unable to control himself and will act unpresidential, and the Trump campaign is against it because...well, they most likely agree that Trump will make an embarrassment of himself.

Figured we could have a new thread for it, as it's coming up.

I've seen a headline this morning saying that the Harris campaign are the ones playing games now, that they want hot mics even though the original terms when Biden was still in the race was for mics to be cut off until it's the candidate's turn to speak. The reason is they think Trump will be unable to control himself and will act unpresidential, and the Trump campaign is against it because...well, they most likely agree that Trump will make an embarrassment of himself.
I saw this this morning as well. I'm not sure how I feel about the hot mics things. It sort of depends if there is a crowd, in my opinion. Trump is known to just talk over people. And if he has any semblance of a crowd, them jeering wastes time. And if there isn't enough fact checking going on, he'll just dominate time. Which is what he banks on.

Let's also not ignore he's planting seeds to skip this debate again. This is becoming grade school level ploys again. And the American people are the ones that suffer.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Whose ready for the debate tomorrow!?

Not me. I have MNF first and need Breece Hall to get me 3 points because my teams sucked this week. Then I'll flip to debate preparedness.

Though I'm not sure I can be drunk enough.

We have tentative plans to get stoned and watch it. We’ll see how that goes by tomorrow.

I'll put it on. I'd love to see Trump come crashing down Live, which might be possible. I'm assuming Kamala will get under his skin pretty easily and he's going to lose whatever prep his handlers have given him.
Harris and her campaign have been pushing to not cut off the mics to give him a chance for more outbursts that will make him look unpresidential on tv, but his campaign has been protecting him from that and insisted on sticking by the rules from last debate.

Still, it'll be fun if she does find a way to nettle him.

• Agree
Reactions: Ben
Harris and her campaign have been pushing to not cut off the mics to give him a chance for more outbursts that will make him look unpresidential on tv, but his campaign has been protecting him from that and insisted on sticking by the rules from last debate.

Still, it'll be fun if she does find a way to nettle him.
They tried, but they agreed to the same rules as the first one, so it'll be mics off.

Reactions: Ben
Henry Danger Antenna GIF by Nickelodeon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I wish I was interested in debates, but in reality I never see the point in watching them when I know nothing would change my mind.

This is almost entertainment at this point. I say almost since the stakes are too high.

It absolutely is entertainment… to certain people. That line between reality television and reality is pretty blurry for some.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Fucking ABC is interviewing Reince Priebus as the last person they talk to before the debate. What an ass clown.

…with a name like that, would you expect any less?

(I know nothing about this individual, and my statement is purely based on “hah, your name dumb”)

Jon, we were fighting over fucking toilet paper lmao
I know we were. I was there. But I also was not paying $250 per week on groceries.

The pandemic created issues. But financially, we ARE worse off now than even then. That's part to do with it.

I think it's a good point of attack to say "we worked to fix his fuck ups and going to continue making it better for middle class not upper class."

I just think it's a wise attack

I know we were. I was there. But I also was not paying $250 per week on groceries.

The pandemic created issues. But financially, we ARE worse off now than even then. That's part to do with it.

I think it's a good point of attack to say "we worked to fix his fuck ups and going to continue making it better for middle class not upper class."

I just think it's a wise attack
Real median full time incomes are the same now as they were at the start of the pandemic. They have been more mixed in the last couple of years but it's difficult to disentangle the effects of COVID on that.

Back
Top Bottom