Regarding Betrayal

Where's Dr. Bell Ringer when you need him...
Paging @Benzine
beeper pager GIF by AT&T

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yeah. I now understand better from a different perspective. Like I said in there early on, I didn't know vash well enough to know it would have been taken the way it was. Now I know him a bit better so it won't happen again.

#learningthroughwolf
#murdersingameonly
Vice versa, I have a better idea where you're coming from, so you definitely have more leeway. Don't feel like you have to be on eggshells or anything.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Hey @VashTheStampede ill try and have it wrapped up Wednesday if you’re busy getting destroyed by a hurricane or whatever
If anything, a hurricane evacuation would just have me shitposting more.

But so far things are looking good for Team Vash

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm late to this but..

I don't think it's any secret that there was the game where I lost my cool on FR. Did I feel justified in my reaction? Yes. Did I regret bringing that reaction here? Yes. Are me and FR fine now? Also yes.

However - something great did come of it where I got an outpour of support from this group. I started a different thread about it in which I got a ton of great advice and while the situation still fucking sucks I'm managing it a lot better than I was.

In the heat of the moment - the line between these games and real life can get blurry. Sometimes it feels like a personal attack in game.

In the VTS Mafia game I actually PM'd Cole to ask for his opinion because I knew he'd give it to me honestly. I was being a dick and it was never my intent.

I think I've had to clarify like 5 times to people across the games that what I say is in character unless I explicitly say it's not.

However, I've come to realize that sometimes that's just not enough. If you noticed in the most recent Zell game, I was not as aggressive, I didn't cuss anyone out, didn't call anyone idiots or clueless fucks.

At the end of the day - I just decided it's not worth treading that line and sometimes you just don't know what'll offend people so you just need to check yourself.

I'm late to this but..

I don't think it's any secret that there was the game where I lost my cool on FR. Did I feel justified in my reaction? Yes. Did I regret bringing that reaction here? Yes. Are me and FR fine now? Also yes.

However - something great did come of it where I got an outpour of support from this group. I started a different thread about it in which I got a ton of great advice and while the situation still fucking sucks I'm managing it a lot better than I was.

In the heat of the moment - the line between these games and real life can get blurry. Sometimes it feels like a personal attack in game.

In the VTS Mafia game I actually PM'd Cole to ask for his opinion because I knew he'd give it to me honestly. I was being a dick and it was never my intent.

I think I've had to clarify like 5 times to people across the games that what I say is in character unless I explicitly say it's not.

However, I've come to realize that sometimes that's just not enough. If you noticed in the most recent Zell game, I was not as aggressive, I didn't cuss anyone out, didn't call anyone idiots or clueless fucks.

At the end of the day - I just decided it's not worth treading that line and sometimes you just don't know what'll offend people so you just need to check yourself.
I guess we have different ideas about what “in character” means. You can see my idea of it by how I played my role as red lady. If I get a pirate role, I’m going to talk like a badly-portrayed pirate.

You were in a mafia game, I think “in character” means using slang from the 1920s (or whatever decade it’s in).

To me, calling people idiots with your version of “in character” has no discernible difference from somebody acting like that out of character. I felt like it was a weak excuse to use afterwards, but I took you at your word and I let it go immediately. If I’ve brought it up today, it was only to use as an example in the discussions about what went on with the current game.

I don’t think you need to alter your play style if that is legit what it is.

I guess we have different ideas about what “in character” means. You can see my idea of it by how I played my role as red lady. If I get a pirate role, I’m going to talk like a badly-portrayed pirate.

You were in a mafia game, I think “in character” means using slang from the 1920s (or whatever decade it’s in).

To me, calling people idiots with your version of “in character” has no discernible difference from somebody acting like that out of character. I felt like it was a weak excuse to use afterwards, but I took you at your word and I let it go immediately. If I’ve brought it up today, it was only to use as an example in the discussions about what went on with the current game.

I think his character is someone playing wolf so that if he says he hates you, it is only while playing wolf. The TD not playing wolf does not hate you, only the one playing that instance

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Thanks Ants. I appreciate that, you weren't the only one that didn't like it though. Like seven people agreed with kut's comment through reactions. If that many people feel like that about it, I'll keep it dialed back if I ever play again.

That is a good way to put it. I think I understand.
This is another instance where people who RP or e-fed think differently than those who don't. As Vash put it before: playing a role vs. having a power.

I don't go in "playing a role" - I'm myself but I may or may not have abilities within the game that I can use.

Back
Top Bottom