• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Verdict PIMI: how to pronounce it?

🍆 *bang bang*

Court is in session. @VashTheStampede is the bailiff this time. @canadaguy is in jail for unrelated reasons.

For the uninformed, PIMI was a subforum from o.g. Gamewinners called "Peering Into the Mind of an Idiot."

A compost pile for the forums where all the members with the fewest braincells were told to play before the admins unplugged their controllers. Kind of like Australia, actually.

I could list the preferred alternatives members have for saying this word that's not a real word, but I can't bring myself to say it the wrong way (because all ways except mine are the wrong way).

Solution
OP
Ants!
*bangs eggplant*

The OFFICIAL pronunciation (and I stress that because I'm sure there will be dummies who will be stubborn and cling to their ways, and I hearby declare those people as outlaws) is "Pimmy".

Case is closed.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
As the creator of that bastard child PIMI, I am here to say it was never meant to be pronounced as anything other than “dead”.

I sincerely apologize for everything it has wrought upon you all. It was only supposed to be an off-topic forum for the idiots I was friends with that I didn’t want to have to ban for spamming up the other forums, and I had to disguise it as something meaningful otherwise Al would have never let a forum with no real purpose exist because of “muh server strain” or whatever.

Execute me if you must, but I’ll fry myself first.

• They're Not Wrong
Reactions: Ben

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
It's the mutherfucking P.I.M.I.

200.gif

As the creator of that bastard child PIMI, I am here to say it was never meant to be pronounced as anything other than “dead”.

I sincerely apologize for everything it has wrought upon you all. It was only supposed to be an off-topic forum for the idiots I was friends with that I didn’t want to have to ban for spamming up the other forums, and I had to disguise it as something meaningful otherwise Al would have never let a forum with no real purpose exist because of “muh server strain” or whatever.

Execute me if you must, but I’ll fry myself first.
First forcibly-volunteered juror.
Pee-mee or pih-mee/pimm-me depending upon local dialects. The only incorrect answer is pie-my. This isn’t a WiFi situation. In WiFi, each “I” is part of the word for the preceding letter. In PIMI, each “I” is its own word.
In which case every answer is wrong unless you say each letter, pee-eye-emm-eye.

• Shrug
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
It's pronounced 'Corpus Vile'.

I can't recall if it was Aphrodite or marasamune who suggested that one, to try and rib-kick you trolls.

Real talk, it's 'pimmy' and always has been (to me).

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I know it’s vee-leh but I like saying vile like it was an English word because I know the name was chosen as an insult
Yeah, no kidding. The translation being "worthless body" and the dictionary definition literally being "something felt to be of so little value that it may be experimented with or upon without concern for loss or damage." To be fair, that did fit the sentiment around the forum of the time.

But yeah, I'd always said "vile" like it was English, not Latin.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Yeah, no kidding. The translation being "worthless body" and the dictionary definition literally being "something felt to be of so little value that it may be experimented with or upon without concern for loss or damage." To be fair, that did fit the sentiment around the forum of the time.

But yeah, I'd always said "vile" like it was English, not Latin.
Well if it's Latin then the V is pronounced as a W.

Corpus Whee Lay.

Back
Top Bottom