Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I think I'd asked this before in some thread, but to make it formal;

Do we have any options for picking which of the usergroups are used for the username coloring? And/or, would it be acceptable to drop the priority on the GWF Sponsor group down to lower? Getting to show our support for the forum is great, but I really dislike this frigging pink username.

1703830038659.png

Solution
Omg wait maybe it is.

Does the order only matter for the person at the time you add the tags?

So if you remove the executive tag from all executive sponsors and re-add it with the new order would it give them a gold name!?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm looking into being able to select what group you want to display as. In the meantime I'll swap the priorities for some groups so you don't have to be pink anymore, lol.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm looking into being able to select what group you want to display as. In the meantime I'll swap the priorities for some groups so you don't have to be pink anymore, lol.
Season 4 Applause GIF by The Office

You're the beeeeeeest.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
So Executive is now a higher priority than Sponsor, but I'm guessing we're waiting on a cron job to run to reflect that...or maybe sponsors stay sponsor colour regardless of group priorities...hmm...

• Hmm
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
So Executive is now a higher priority than Sponsor, but I'm guessing we're waiting on a cron job to run to reflect that...or maybe sponsors stay sponsor colour regardless of group priorities...hmm...
I think there's probably something more going on than just the ordering, which I did notice had changed. Cole for example has "Coleministrator" above "S-Mod", but gets the green color.

1703831512191.png

XenForo confuses me in general as Vash and I are set as mods on the D&D forum without actually being in the Moderator usergroup, so it seems the usergroups are just chaff... :shrug

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm afraid, my dearest Ben, you might just be stuck as a Pinky :D
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I think there's another priority specific to the styling? I'd guess this is what's actually used above usergroup order/priority.
  • Styling Priority: Within the user group settings, an administrator can assign a "Display Styling Priority" to each group. This numeric value dictates which group's styling (including username color) takes precedence if a user is a member of multiple groups. The higher the number, the higher the priority.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh, and I should have emphasized I didn't expect the reordering of all the groups to be done without some democratic agreement... I wasn't trying to be all 2010 "MY WAY OR ELSE!" Ben.

Double Take Idk GIF by Laff

If it's not something individually selectable at the user level, like with an addon, I can just deal with it.

Yeah, that's the priority I'm tweaking, but...well, you're pinkishness is staying put :D

Oh shit, I gotta deal with it. :cry

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Anything like this plausible?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh, and I should have emphasized I didn't expect the reordering of all the groups to be done without some democratic agreement... I wasn't trying to be all 2010 "MY WAY OR ELSE!" Ben.

Double Take Idk GIF by Laff

If it's not something individually selectable at the user level, like with an addon, I can just deal with it.

Oh shit, I gotta deal with it. :cry
If we want to change it from pink, I suppose I can take the pain and we can switch it up. lol
I’ll take it
:highfive

So long as I stay my own sucky color I'm good with whatever changes are made.
Oh that's locked in for good.
Anything like this plausible?

Possible, but I'd like to keep it group-based if we can.

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
I think I'd asked this before in some thread, but to make it formal;

Do we have any options for picking which of the usergroups are used for the username coloring? And/or, would it be acceptable to drop the priority on the GWF Sponsor group down to lower? Getting to show our support for the forum is great, but I really dislike this frigging pink username.

View attachment 5436
But it's not just any pink it's HOT pink, as is appropriate for our sponsors

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I got what I wanted, so it matters not to me. I'm on a quest to earn badges and name colors. Like all forums should be! :link

I would be very surprised if other people running XF would be AS willing to put dozens and dozens of badges up for ridiculous reasons.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I know I don’t post here all that much, but I must say I really do love the community here.

We’re collectively like that weird relative you kinda feel sorry for, kinda worry about, kinda view as strange, but you couldn’t imagine going to a reunion and not seeing them because you KNOW it’s gonna be entertaining.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
We’re collectively like that weird relative you kinda feel sorry for, kinda worry about, kinda view as strange, but you couldn’t imagine going to a reunion and not seeing them because you KNOW it’s gonna be entertaining.
Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I think there's probably something more going on than just the ordering, which I did notice had changed. Cole for example has "Coleministrator" above "S-Mod", but gets the green color.

View attachment 5438

XenForo confuses me in general as Vash and I are set as mods on the D&D forum without actually being in the Moderator usergroup, so it seems the usergroups are just chaff... :shrug
mine works slightly differently. Crystal and Mark asked me to be coadmin with them, but I feel like my best and most favorite times at GW were when I was sMod. so I wanted to be green.

we made it so coleminiatrator is just privileges with no style.

mine works slightly differently. Crystal and Mark asked me to be coadmin with them, but I feel like my best and most favorite times at GW were when I was sMod. so I wanted to be green.

we made it so coleminiatrator is just privileges with no style.
Privilege with no style. Cole on GW in a nutshell?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
That's what I thought, just seems like it definitely works on override in some places but then others the software is fighting you
Yeah, it's gotta' be the sponsorships, they must take precedence. I'll be running some updates in a couple of hours, so maybe it'll get fixed, but in all likelihood I think it's by design.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Omg wait maybe it is.

Does the order only matter for the person at the time you add the tags?

So if you remove the executive tag from all executive sponsors and re-add it with the new order would it give them a gold name!?

Solution
Back
Top Bottom