• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[Not E-Fed] CM Punk Released From AEW

If Tony Khan was as scared as he claimed to be in the opening of Collision, why did he send Jack Perry back to the hotel, and then Punk was given the option to stay? Not only did Punk wrestle a whole match after the incident, he stuck around for some pictures and then left on his own. Tony is spreading the legal team's words, but it doesn't add up. Tony would've sent him home or suspended him immediately if he was that big of a threat to everybody's safety. Oh well. Just some details of this don't really make sense when you think about it in hindsight.

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
If Tony Khan was as scared as he claimed to be in the opening of Collision, why did he send Jack Perry back to the hotel, and then Punk was given the option to stay? Not only did Punk wrestle a whole match after the incident, he stuck around for some pictures and then left on his own. Tony is spreading the legal team's words, but it doesn't add up. Tony would've sent him home or suspended him immediately if he was that big of a threat to everybody's safety. Oh well. Just some details of this don't really make sense when you think about it in hindsight.
While I generally agree for your standard workspace, wrestling is so carny that I imagine they may have been willing to let that slide for the sake of the match. Not sure.

While I generally agree for your standard workspace, wrestling is so carny that I imagine they may have been willing to let that slide for the sake of the match. Not sure.
I know Samoa Joe was upset, so maybe Tony let the match go on and decided afterwards, but the way he portrays it is he was scared for his life. Now, I could see him being afraid of similar future incidents, because it would inevitably happen again.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
IIRC it was after because the confrontation occurred on his way to the match.

Punk/Perry happened and in the aftermath when TK was trying to convince Punk to just go ahead with the match, it got heated between them and that's when Punk did whatever he did towards TK that got him fired (some have called it a "lunge").

After the match, security was sent to Punk's locker room and subsequently he was told to leave.

IIRC it was after because the confrontation occurred on his way to the match.

Punk/Perry happened and in the aftermath when TK was trying to convince Punk to just go ahead with the match, it got heated between them and that's when Punk did whatever he did towards TK that got him fired (some have called it a "lunge").

After the match, security was sent to Punk's locker room and subsequently he was told to leave.

Okay, because the version I read originally was that Punk asked if he should leave, and he was told "We aren't going to make you leave, but it wouldn't be a bad idea." Or something like that.

So really, it sounds like he got fired over threatening body language/physicality directed toward Tony, not because of the fight with Perry.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So really, it sounds like he got fired over threatening body language/physicality directed toward Tony, not because of the fight with Perry.

That “with cause” language in the press release one of y’all shared is what’s got me tripped up… that’s deliberate. Most athletes, musicians, etc. that get dropped or terminated for that kind of behavior usually get a “terminated for X on Y because of Z, effective immediately” press release… that language seems very “cover your ass”-ish, like they are anticipating a legal battle.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That “with cause” language in the press release one of y’all shared is what’s got me tripped up… that’s deliberate. Most athletes, musicians, etc. that get dropped or terminated for that kind of behavior usually get a “terminated for X on Y because of Z, effective immediately” press release… that language seems very “cover your ass”-ish, like they are anticipating a legal battle.
Makes sense considering Punk threatened to sue in the aftermath of the fight a year ago.

Oh hey happy Brawl Out anniversary

Back
Top Bottom