Nae's Big Quiz of Everything and Anything

Hello GW people!

I thought that it was time for a quiz, and I was jonesin' for it!

This quiz will consist of whatever my brain comes up with! Topics will range from whatever to whatever! :D

Scoreboard (will be updated as the game goes on):

shortkut 7
Tubby23 5
VashTheStampede 3
TD 1
Name starting with an A 1
Cole 1

Last edited:
Point to Kutford von Googleheim!

Next question:

What is the name of the brightest star in the night sky?
me

Encouraging Blue Sky GIF by wenjr

I was waffling between those, because I wasn’t sure exactly where the division of continents is in Russia
That was the part I actually googled, I believe that Elbrus is south-west enough to be in Europe but not far enough south to be into the Asian part of the globe over there.

Tell me about it. I can remember shit like this but not what I had on the shopping list if I leave it at home. Infuriating.
Haha I'm just the same! A fountain of "worthless" knowledge! :D

As for the answer, I've always been taught in school that Elbrus is part of Europe so I'm going with that! Which means another point for the ol' kutster.

Who played the monster in the 1931 version of Frankenstein?

I'll leave it open for a while more and see if anyone gets it right. :D
I’m not playing your quote the movie game. I’m bringing cold, hard facts! (Copy pasting actual speeds, not the movie quote)

answering the main question here, the "airspeed velocity" of an unladen swallow (European) is something like 20.1 miles per hour (32.4 kph) or 29.5 feet per second (9 meters per second). However, some have been clocked at 46 mph (74 kph) in the past!

The mosque swallow is about 2.2 times larger, so, all things being equal, that would give us an airspeed velocity of about 40.2 miles per hour (64.7 kph) or 59 feet per second (18 meters per second).

Source:

Fun fact: Google tells me it has actually been answered

Haha, that was what I waited for! I stumbled over that very same article a couple of weeks ago, so that was the answer I wanted! :D and I agree, facts for the win! So a point for you, good sir!

I'll post a new question in a couple of hours!
After I posted the link and you didn’t say anything, I thought you wanted the full quote. I was going to let someone who memorized it get the points and not Google it, so I thought this would be more entertaining

Back
Top Bottom