• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

In-Session Morning showers or nighttime showers

I'm not a sweaty monster. When I work out I'll also take a second quick shower on the day to clean that mess off.
I also take a post-workout shower, but still take another before bed or even if I haven't sweated that day at all. Your skin still exudes oils and sheds dead cells and grows bacteria and so on.

I like early afternoon showers (I work from home and realize this isn't feasible for everyone). Morning showers mean I need to get up earlier, so fuck that, especially since nobody will see me all morning. Night showers means my hair will be wet when I go to bed if I washed it, which is no fun. Night showers are also fine when not washing my hair, though.

I shower again if I got sweaty between my last shower and bedtime. I don't worry about it too much otherwise though. I wash my sheets every week and they're often subjected to sweaty activity anyway, so being clean when I hop into bed feels kinda pointless. I'd rather be freshly clean during the day while I'm interacting with people (I only live with a cat and she doesn't care).

IMO there's no one best option. It depends on your particular circumstances.

Used to take showers in the morning when I was in school, but I've always preferred night. Feels good to go to bed clean and comfy. Completely switched over to evening showers once COVID hit so I could wash the sick off of me and change into clean clothes after work, and now it's always the first thing I do whenever I get home from anywhere for the day. Morning showers were nice for waking up and for my hair, but I'm bald with a beard now and have plenty of time to ease myself awake without it. Breakfast and coffee helps.

This one is hard.

Night showers/baths make a lot of sense because you hop into bed clean and don't dirty your bed. However, you kinda have to do it like an hour or so before you go to bed because your body temperature needs to reset. It's kinda hard to remember to do that.

Also, morning showers are a great way to wake you up and allow you to feel refreshed for the day.

I've done both.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I shower before bed and keep the room cool at night so I don’t sweat before morning.

If I have an event like a wedding, I’ll take a morning shower so I’m fresh for the event

This is my answer as well.

I don’t go to weddings/don’t get invited, likely because people get mad when I say it’s the leading cause of divorce, so scratch that part. If for whatever reason I end up needing a shower, I’ll take one sooner. The shower at the end of the day helps me relax before bed.

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Late showers. Often right before bed. Extra points if you just changed sheets on the bed as well. It just feels so much nicer to get into a clean bed after getting freshly clean yourself.

Any sweaty activities or sweaty nights can add showers into other times, but preference is 100% on late ones.

Jawneh

The Courier
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also considering early morning ones, I get the not smelling bad portion, but unless you're an inherently sweaty individual simply by existing, you should still be fine the next day. From there, your choice of scent masking takes care of the rest.

And now you have 5-15 minutes more for you I the morning after you wake up. That's arguably the worst part of the day.

get the not smelling bad portion, but unless you're an inherently sweaty individual simply by existing, you should still be fine the next day. From there, your choice of scent masking takes care of the rest.
If that's the case, then it shouldn't matter when you shower, right? You'll still be fine when you get into bed.

I do agree freshly washed sheets + freshly cleaned self is a nice feeling.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
If that's the case, then it shouldn't matter when you shower, right? You'll still be fine when you get into bed.

I do agree freshly washed sheets + freshly cleaned self is a nice feeling.

… throw in a thread count as high as me, and I’m golden. I’m picky about my bed linens.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Showering at night is bad for me because, as I said earlier, showering in the morning helps wake me up. It does the same thing at night for me and I can't sleep well if I do it too close to bed.

With the one exception being while camping, where I struggle hard to sleep anyway for the most part.

Also our dog sleeps on the bed with us so it's not like it's going to be absurdly clean anyway (though we do wipe her paws at the door, and give her a full pet wipe bath after she rides the bus).

Back
Top Bottom