• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Deliberation Morning showers or nighttime showers

I'm sure a caveman wouldn't either.

Confession time, when I was single, I pretty much only washed my sheets when my cat threw up on them, which could sometimes be very frequent, like weekly, but sometimes it could be a lot longer.

Apparently that is disgusting, but I never had an issue with it and I am a caveman :shrug

Otherwise I did keep a picked up house and relatively clean; toilet, shower, counters, etc.

I drink far too much coffee anyway. TBH I think it's made caffeine useless as a stimulant.
Dude I got to where I could drink a large coffee before bed and still go off to sleep no problem. It's ridiculous to what level that stuff can get into your system, it's no wonder I have heart problems in my early forties.

Dude I got to where I could drink a large coffee before bed and still go off to sleep no problem. It's ridiculous to what level that stuff can get into your system, it's no wonder I have heart problems in my early forties.
It's interesting you say that though since moderate coffee intake (3-4 cups per day) is associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease and possibly hypertension as well.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I drink far too much coffee anyway. TBH I think it's made caffeine useless as a stimulant.
I think I don't really get a proper stimulant effect from it, but I do believe it does help my brain work at a normal capacity better. Which is very good for me. My wife can definitely tell if I haven't woken up properly and had my coffee yet lol.

I got mixed messages from my body in terms of being able to sleep after drinking coffee. Like, I've finished off half a cup to a cup very close to going to bed or just had a couple cups worth few hours before bed. Sometimes it feels like I can't fall asleep and other times I'm out like any other nights. So who knows. I haven't paid enough attention to eating or doing anything else special those days to make good guesses.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Confession time, when I was single, I pretty much only washed my sheets when my cat threw up on them, which could sometimes be very frequent, like weekly, but sometimes it could be a lot longer.

Apparently that is disgusting, but I never had an issue with it and I am a caveman :shrug

Otherwise I did keep a picked up house and relatively clean; toilet, shower, counters, etc.

I would say level of “disgust” would be determined by whether or not someone showered before bed in conjunction with how frequently they washed their bed linens.

Fuck.

*checks age* 38.

*checks time* 6:45p

*checks coffeemaker* Brewing a fresh pot.

It's interesting you say that though since moderate coffee intake (3-4 cups per day) is associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease and possibly hypertension as well.

IMG_9835.jpeg

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
tea is better

Adam Sandler Water GIF

I must just natural sweat less and smell better than all you stinky stanks

Like maple syrup, or ketchup-flavored chips?

All I know is in recent months I started experiencing heart palpitations and caffeine made my heart race even worse. I got checked out and have a condition called PVC (I know that's also what they call plastic pipes, lol). Luckily it's not something too serious yet.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
All I know is in recent months I started experiencing heart palpitations and caffeine made my heart race even worse. I got checked out and have a condition called PVC (I know that's also what they call plastic pipes, lol). Luckily it's not something too serious yet.

It’s good that you caught it before it became something serious, though. I’m glad that you were able to take notice and have it identified. Even if it will evolve into more of an issue later, the sooner you identify it, the better. A friend of mine just had open-heart surgery to place two stents in right before his 38th birthday this month… doc told him if he didn’t get to it when he did, he may not make it to 40. He didn’t think anything of the symptoms, which were indicative of atrial fibrillation like you describe. He just wrote it off as “anxiety” and called it a day until he got pushed to check it out.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Briefly: You need enough of the good things in coffee to offset the negative caffeine. If you’re going to drink coffee, you need 3-4 cups per day, otherwise it is bad for you.

I did a project on this in school. I could try to find the research if anyone is actually interested

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Not sure how to handle this one. There doesn't seem to be any neutral people, though no one is really hard on their opinion either. There are pros to either option with no cons, and the general consensus seems to be that it depends on your lifestyle. Sleep alone vs. sleep with a partner is a factor. So is whether you own pets that sleep in the bed with you. As well as when you tend to sweat more: during the day or at night. Whether you do a workout. Even whether you sleep better or worse after a shower.

Even though I am more of a night shower person, I fully understand the merits of morning showers. I am happy to be an unbiased juror.

For enough money I am capable of being bought, too.

Used to take showers in the morning when I was in school, but I've always preferred night. Feels good to go to bed clean and comfy. Completely switched over to evening showers once COVID hit so I could wash the sick off of me and change into clean clothes after work, and now it's always the first thing I do whenever I get home from anywhere for the day. Morning showers were nice for waking up and for my hair, but I'm bald with a beard now and have plenty of time to ease myself awake without it. Breakfast and coffee helps.

I'm bi-showeral

I do both, depends on how tired I am or busy before bed

I'm much more likely to shower at night when it's cold though, hate showering in the morning when it's cold

This one is hard.

Night showers/baths make a lot of sense because you hop into bed clean and don't dirty your bed. However, you kinda have to do it like an hour or so before you go to bed because your body temperature needs to reset. It's kinda hard to remember to do that.

Also, morning showers are a great way to wake you up and allow you to feel refreshed for the day.

I've done both.
Seem to be the best picks for jurors.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Jurors have been locked in a box. About time this one wraps up.

Hope nobody was putting off taking their shower until after it's conclusion.

I’m just glad that a group of gamers collectively agrees to shower at ANY point in the day. That’s what truly separates our generation from those after us.

Back
Top Bottom